Not Sure I Like the Fewer Sales Theory - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree114Likes

Thread: Not Sure I Like the Fewer Sales Theory

SAG

Well hello everyone! Reading through all this.....frustration is understandable. I don't tweet, never will (I'm not telling anybody what I had for dinner and nobody cares what I'm doin)! I do fb, because of my kiddos. I don't understand the no e-mail notification for those who don't fb or tweet. I would like to think V4L is figuring all this social media stuff out and realizes now that they missed a key segment of their longtime customers. Maybe (hoping and praying) that they'll do something to make it up. Patience maybe, just maybe, will pay off. Oh yeah, I feel like my "buds" are on this forum not the new one!!! AND I still have an old phone plugged into the phone line...for the storms! lol
    EleanorR likes this.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran wader2k's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jamvector View Post

Edit: Spoke too soon - just saw Wader replied on another thread. At least Wader still luvs us, right Wader??? Thank you Wader???
    Hey Jam! I haven't went anywhere. ECF has been and will continue to be very important to us. 8^)

btw. You are very welcome!!!
    Guess What? New varieties of tempting deliciousness now available! v4l.com vapor4life.com

Super Member ECF Veteran jamvector's Avatar

Thanks for all you do Wader, we would truly be lost without you :-)

We rarely find that people have good sense unless they agree with us

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I understand folks frustration with the fb/twitter thing, and I agree it was a miscalculated move on their part. Like anyone else, I wish they'd continue to offer really large sales constantly, but I have seen (and seen it noted here) a pretty fair distribution of smaller sales and specials pretty frequently.

My orders have also dropped off in line with the dropoff in sales, but that seems like a pretty obvious result, and one they must be accounting for in their plan. I'm not sure what their plan is, but mine is simply to stay stocked up and just wait for the sales; they may be farther between, but as long as there is a decent sale once or twice a month, it's just a matter of planning a little better for me.

I do wish they had remembered to post the special in other places, but everyone makes mistakes and I will remain a loyal V4L customer due to their excellent CS and the 'family'.

Super Member ECF Veteran jamvector's Avatar

I think they are making up for it big time right now, I'm sure it was just an oversight. They are forced to market where people are paying attention, can't blame them for that at all. I too am curious how successful this approach will be, tradeoff of buying more stuff more frequently due to sales vs buying less stuff less frequently at a higher profit margins. They will find their sweet spot, or keep changing it up, which is what I think their strategy is.

Well, I'd love to stay and chat, but need to get back to my cart to order a whole bunch more stuff I really don't need but is on sale :-)
    Last edited by jamvector; 04-17-2012 at 09:01 PM.

We rarely find that people have good sense unless they agree with us

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yep, just read the other thread.. I was certain they'd get something done soon. V4L always comes through!

In case anybody missed it.....we have a new sticky thread!

FB and Other Sale Promotions
    Guess What? New varieties of tempting deliciousness now available! v4l.com vapor4life.com

PV Master ECF Veteran waylonjessi4ever's Avatar

Thank you Wader for taking care of us .How are the squirrels ? We have quail back daily for food love hearing them and watching them .Father in law fed them for 50 years here .Large flocks of them up the driveway till you drive up and they casually get out of the way loving my country life now !
    EleanorR likes this.

We still see Chloe around the house and she will stop and stare....

I miss them for sure!
    EleanorR likes this.

SAG

Wader, did you send them to St Louis for the world series? Bet I could send you some of ours!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast