OMG VV tech info/review - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OMG VV tech info/review

Thanks for the review and the battery assistance. Hope this one works out for me. I guess if not, I'm really only out about 45 for the unit. What would you suggest as a fairly low price unit that has good durability, accuracy and amp limit?

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Will pm you when I get home Jinx sir.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

One more question. If you set the battery at 6 volts on the 1.5 dual coil tank does it maintain 3.9 volts throughout the batteries charge or does the voltage actually drop. I'm curious if it's just inaccurate or not able to maintain the desired voltage if it's increased throughout the day. Hope that makes sense.

I haven't even tried one but I assume you would change the voltage to match your taste if it were to change.
    Last edited by Jinx10000; 08-29-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

It will maintain it until the very end sir. There's no voltage boost with the dual coils and a fullycharged batt, but there is the fade once you get to 1 bar of batt power. For example on the 1.4ohm dc was using on it yesterday, it topped out at 3.8v actual output. Once there was one bar of power left was only putting out 3.74v.

Exactly sir. That's the point of vv. If you check out my most recent blog here on ecf have a starters guide for mods...
    Jinx10000 likes this.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

Very informative. Thank you. Read the first three blogs. So much to know.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Wanted to give an update, it's been almost a month. The omg vv is still working, survived a week at work even. Still occasionally cuts out around 3.6v on the battery, and the screen does get garbled from time to time when it hits two bars of power left, but that's been it. No problems with using either the high drain batteries or the 18500 protected it shipped with. At the higher/limit voltages though get better life from the high drains despite the lower mah.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Do these use pwm?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I think all VV/VW devices do, in one stage of the circuit or another. I could be wrong, though... wouldn't be the first time!

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

From what the manufacturer said, yes they do Whistles sir. It's a more accurate/less spikey pwm than a certain newer mod on the market though. Meaning 4.1v is actually close to 4.1v and doesn't have voltage spikes of 4.5v+, instead of 4.1v being anywhere from 4.53v-4.86v on avg. with spikes of 6.2v+.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12