Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Refilling the cartomizer: The Movie

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default Refilling the cartomizer: The Movie

Enjoy!
    Had my first attempt been 3 seconds shorter..yes 3 seconds, the video quality would have been roughly double what it is here still, i think the resolution is good enough to get the idea...It'll be done processing after a few minutes..quality will vastly improve at that point. still wont be like the raw file tho

YouTube - How-to guide to refilling KR808D-1 or Vapor King cartomizers
    Last edited by kc0cmp; 09-24-2009 at 10:57 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Haha, you made me spill my coffee when you called it "the little rubber butt plug."

That said, this is the video that I needed to see. Makes it seem SO easy. Keep the videos coming my friend. Truly an asset.

Thanks KC - that was awesome!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Very nice KC! Good job of getting up close and personal with that cartomizer. Great quality too!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Awesome job, KC!!! Now I have a couple of questions. Can you wiggle the atomizer part into the center again AFTER you refill? I've noticed that some of my carts are way off center but didn't think you could move them around. I've already refilled some so can I move it around now? Also, tried your method as soon as I finished watching and flooded the darn thing. At least I'm assuming that's what that gurgling sound is. I vaped it until the gurgling went away but wondered if I should have taken it off the passtru and blown it out a bit instead? Any thoughts on that? Vape through it or blow it out? I also noticed that you don't tap the silicone ring back down into the cartridge again. You just leave it right up at the top. I've been tapping it down to about where it was when I took it out. Do you think that makes any difference or is too much of a risk of causing damage?

Thanks for doing this!! The quality is great - easy to see, you have a wonderful speaking voice and you are very articulate. Keep them coming, my friend!!

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Awsome KC thanks for the show
    I needed to watch this with my VK coming today WOOHOO

Street

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Thank you, Thank you! I'm going to be refilling soon and this has really helped!!!

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default hrmph

Quote Originally Posted by FisherPal View Post
    Awesome job, KC!!! Now I have a couple of questions. Can you wiggle the atomizer part into the center again AFTER you refill? I've noticed that some of my carts are way off center but didn't think you could move them around. I've already refilled some so can I move it around now?
    Yes, it's easiest to do it when you first open a cartomizer which is why I mention it when I did, but there's no reason not to center them whenever you like. You *might* smoosh juice out and down the battery hole though..so like..be careful of that haha.

Also, tried your method as soon as I finished watching and flooded the darn thing. At least I'm assuming that's what that gurgling sound is. I vaped it until the gurgling went away but wondered if I should have taken it off the passtru and blown it out a bit instead? Any thoughts on that? Vape through it or blow it out?
    You flooded it for two possible reasons: It wasn't vaped empty enough/used too many drops...or it wasn't vaped as empty as mine were (rephrased same thing)/used too many drops. Point being that *if* youre filling them before theyre gettin fairly empty..adjust your drip count accordingly..maybe 15 instead of 20.

One thing ive noticed, is that towards the end you start gettin loads of vapor but no flavor..like 5 drags after than you'll get burnt taste ...Unless youre on passthrough it may pass that and go right to the light hint of burnt. I do know that if you fill one that wont hold 20 drops...then drops will gurgle.

As far as blowing it goes..well.. To each his or her own I suppose...but it's only necessary *if* it's overfilled. You can blow on the mouthpiece end and splat out gobs of juice..usually more than you need to unless you *really* drowned that poor cartomizer. You can, in fact almost completely empty a cartomizer by blowing in the mouthpiece end, if you ever need to empty one for anything.

Blowing through the battery end is far less wasteful of juice, but if you really super soaked it with like half a bottle..well then, might not be able to blow enough out.

If you really and truely drown a cartomizer, you have little choice but to give it a really sharp sudden and short blow through the mouth piece end....the kind of blow you should use to launch a spitwad through a pen tube at school. sharp, sudden, abrupt, and over..not blowwwwwwwww cause that'll blow out 10x more juice than you need to. Then if it looks as if there's more flowing to clog the hole (looking through it) you'll know you *really* over did it.

You should try to only blow through the battery end, but then, depending on how badly its over filled, it just may not be possible.

It is *always* best to err on the short side...you dont *have* to get every last drop that'll fit in the cartomizer, just enough to keep you cooking for a few hours.

I also noticed that you don't tap the silicone ring back down into the cartridge again. You just leave it right up at the top. I've been tapping it down to about where it was when I took it out. Do you think that makes any difference or is too much of a risk of causing damage?
    That is correct. If you jam it down against the batting thats too tight obviously, I've always just sat it back in and poked it in with the mouth piece. I presume there's a way to guess precicely how far to jam it back in *without* hitting the batting at all..which would be perfect..but unrealistic maybe without a cylindrical insertion object...else it'll go off center. I don't have such a cylindrical object, so I just let the mouth piece countersink it..

The factory puts them in the same way I did..you can confirm this by examining it through the battery hole and noting it.or you could *if* the hole in the mouthpiece were larger than the hole in the silicone. It isn't and it's good that it isnt because thats the entire point of the design. Vapor goes through the silicone's larger hole and any droplets that didnt vape well or any liquid that gets past the silicone hits the smaller hole and is then trapped in the mouthpiece (remember theyre together..touching).

If you stack the two pieces on a flat surface as theyre installed you'll *see* the trap and its design. because the mouthpiece hole is smaller, the two pieces can be touching and still trap juice just as theyre supposed to.. All that trapped juice is juice it saved you from drinking.

Thanks for doing this!! The quality is great - easy to see, you have a wonderful speaking voice and you are very articulate. Keep them coming, my friend!!
    Any time and as always you're quite welcome!...I'm just waiting for the next super-bra video! haha.
    Last edited by kc0cmp; 09-24-2009 at 05:13 PM.

badass.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default thank you, thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Dozzzin View Post
    badass.
    The first video was more badass tho you could smell the vapor..but youtube doesnt support "smellovision" probably for reasons related to adult videos

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast