Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS Workers must be smoking something

Default USPS Workers must be smoking something

Get a load of this....

Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:18 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Processed through Sort Facility, October 14, 2009, 5:08 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154

Arrival at Post Office, October 15, 2009, 4:03 am, RACINE, WI 53403 (Umm why are they sending it farther away from Milwaukee, is that efficient?)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 15, 2009, 8:12 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (Back to Oak Creek again....)

Processed through Sort Facility, October 16, 2009, 9:03 pm, OAK CREEK, WI 53154 (I guess they just it to chill in OC for awhile?)

Remind me again why USPS is struggling?

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I live in the Milwaukee area as well and mine usually goes from Oak Creek to my house, sounds like they screwed up. Couldn't tell you why, maybe they need a PV instead of whatever they are currently using. LOL

Hope it doesn't go back to Racine Could be an endless cycle.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetVisions View Post
    I live in the Milwaukee area as well and mine usually goes from Oak Creek to my house, sounds like they screwed up. Couldn't tell you why, maybe they need a PV instead of whatever they are currently using. LOL
    Same here. Goes from Oak Creek to my house the next day.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Unfortunately, mistakes do happen sometimes - at least they caught it before it went halfway accross the nation or something. I don't know where its destination is, but it would appear the package left out on route, hit Racine, WI - was tagged as an incorrect route and sent on it's way back... Depending on how many Hubs there are in certain cities, a package will actually arrive at the 'main' hub, go to another one - and that location is the one designated for 'ok all packages from this place get packed on the truck that leaves for city x'.

It sucks, but when you are the busiest shipping company in the world, with the least funding and you are understaffed pretty often - I am actually amazed it works out as well as it does!!

Hope you get your stoofs soon!!

Take care,
    - Hap

Full Member ECF Veteran

At least yours got out of Chicago. Mine seems to be lost in the USPS Chicago Triangle.

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60701 facility on October 13, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 13, 2009
    Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 6:25 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Super Member ECF Veteran

Seems to be happening more and more lately.(or maybe I'm just ordering too much .....)

Hey, at least it didn't go to Florida. Had that happen once with a package that was sent intrastate in AZ.
    Fully ordained priest of the V4L cult. VaporKingly blessings upon thee!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberweaver View Post
    Detailed Results:

I've got one that's just a bit stranger. Check out the dates:

Detailed Results:

Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009
    Processed through Sort Facility, October 13, 2009, 8:16 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60701

Quote Originally Posted by Fiberweaver View Post
    At least yours got out of Chicago. Mine seems to be lost in the USPS Chicago Triangle.

Your item was processed through and left our CHICAGO, IL 60701 facility on October 13, 2009. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

mine said Electronic Shipping Info Received, October 14, 2009 for two days
    and then magically it appeared in Kearny, NJ and was delivered on the 16th!
    don't give up hope, I don't think they pdate the shipping info as often as UPS does

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast