I cough everytime I vape
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I cough everytime I vape

Default I cough everytime I vape

I don't know what I am doing wrong, smoked 2 packs of Newports forever. Got my Vapor King on Friday, it is now Sunday, and every puff of the VK makes me cough. why? what am I doing wrong, I have cut my analogs down from 40 to 13, but I cough everytime I vape, each vape!!

Full Member ECF Veteran airpowers's Avatar

I found the vapor tickled my throat in a way unlike normal smoke. I lightly inhaled for the first couple days, and got used to it, and it doesn't tickle anymore. Could have too much nicotine?

Hi ALsmom! What strength nic/flavors is in your carts ? Different flavors/ nic strengths have different amounts of throat hit and vapor.
    ALso are you using a manual, or auto or a passthrough manual or auto?
    And how would you describe your inhail? do you hold it for a second or 2 in your mouth before inhailing and is it slow and long inhail?

You may want to cut your inhales down a bit. dont take scuh big drags. regardless of what analogs you used to smoke. it will always take some getting used to.

Compleately off topic .. I love your tat cyberwolfrob!

PV Master ECF Veteran

0mg nicotine has almost no throat hit.
    36mg nicotine is way more powerful than typical analog.

What is your nicotine number?

I mostly use 12mg to 24mg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cimyss View Post
    Hi ALsmom! What strength nic/flavors is in your carts ? Different flavors/ nic strengths have different amounts of throat hit and vapor.
    ALso are you using a manual, or auto or a passthrough manual or auto?
    And how would you describe your inhail? do you hold it for a second or 2 in your mouth before inhailing and is it slow and long inhail?
    I am using 18, 24 & 36, maybe too strong? and I try and hold it in my mouth but it still makes me cough! I think I overestimated how much nicotine I needed. I did smoke 2 packs a day, but many of those just sat in the ashtray! I lost my bottle of juice, I think it was a lower strength. I will find it and try it, and also order some low nic ones

Yeah I would definately try some 8 or 11 mg

thank you ALL for the tips, I am using a manual for the most part, and I do have a USB passthru which is much more mild on my laptop, much stronger on my son's laptop, but all of them make me cough. I am hangin in there and smoke many less analogs. Will star to play with different carts, strengths, etc i want this to work. I am just jealous of those that can vape all day, maybe I should not be, LOL

PV Master ECF Veteran

There is also a possibility that you have an intolerance for PG, which is what I believe comes in all of the VK/KR808D-1 etc. cartomizers.

VG liquid would be an alternative... but that would mean rinsing the PG out of your carto and refilling with a VG based liquid.

I personally have a very mild intolerance for PG... and use VG liquid almost exclusively (there are exceptions!)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast