NYC indoor ecig ban passes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: NYC indoor ecig ban passes

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran AudreySchroder's Avatar

Default NYC indoor ecig ban passes

Unfortunately, after writing, calling, and tweeting to the NYC Council Members, the ban passed.

Let's try to do more so this doesn't happen in Chicago! Don't let Chicago ban ecigs! | V4L Official Blog

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I hope Chicago is better organized then NYC. In NYC they are districts and in Chicago they are called wards if I'm not mistaken. The city business community has to get more involved.
    BHam and AudreySchroder like this.

I just wonder!!!!

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran BHam's Avatar

They are Wards here . But we've been trying to get our "troops" together here in the City to contact their Aldermen. The first presentation to City Council went well where the Council moved the vote to a later day at least to revisit. Some Aldermen felt that just up and banning it would be too naive and they wanted more research before they voted so we've got some feet in the ground but we still need all the help we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedracer12 View Post
    I hope Chicago is better organized then NYC. In NYC they are districts and in Chicago they are called wards if I'm not mistaken. The city business community has to get more involved.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran AudreySchroder's Avatar

Yes, you're right. The regions/areas are broken up into wards, and the ward reps are called Aldermen.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by AudreySchroder View Post
    Yes, you're right. The regions/areas are broken up into wards, and the ward reps are called Aldermen.
    Yes Alderman as I remember watching "Boss" on Starz. Great city and I certainly hope the dominos stop falling. I did have wards right.
    AudreySchroder likes this.

I just wonder!!!!

ECF Veteran

Agree or disagree. In NYC we have Madison Ave, Wall Street, and 1000's of bars and Hotels. If presented with a vaping area in a restaurant, bar, hotel, lounge in a office building. Just think of the business aspect of having such a area. My sports bars in NYC would love it.

I just wonder!!!!

PV Master Verified Member Ozwald's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Considering some of the other legislation NYC has previously passed, I'm not surprised what so ever. I think Chicago's got a tough battle ahead of them, but still a better chance than NYC ever did.
    Amraann likes this.

ECF Veteran

NYC is driven by business and money. I'm not sure what other legislation was passed you are speaking about.

I just wonder!!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

Didn't they pass legislation that banned the sale of soft drinks over a certain size?

And there was something about trans fats but I do not recall what happened with that.

I do not know why the government needs to butt into personal business choices. Their only brilliant reason was that some people would not know the difference between smoking and vaping.. (Yeah!!! Because vaping smells like cig smoke right?) Idiots.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yes they did Ms. Amraann, and if memory serves that was overturned recently.
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast