Do more smokers switch to ecigs, or begin smoking and vaping?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Do more smokers switch to ecigs, or begin smoking and vaping?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran AudreySchroder's Avatar

Default Do more smokers switch to ecigs, or begin smoking and vaping?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran K9Luvr's Avatar

When I first started vaping, I had a mental block that told me I needed an analog after dinner, even tho my PV had satisfied me all day. I would vape all day, then after dinner I would go outside and take a few puffs. Tasted awful. Put the analog out, went back in the house and caped the rest of the evening. Did that for 4 days, after that, never had an analog again. Just tasted too nasty!
    AudreySchroder likes this.

I was "dual" for about a year. During that time I became pretty sure I wasn't addicted to nic but was mentally obsessed and dependent on the act of smoking or possibly addicted to chemicals in the smokes. When I dropped to 2 or 3 smokes a day, detox set in and it was so awful I bumped them back up to 5 or 6 for a while. Smoking or not smoking should never be turned into a moral issue... I mean ANTZ do that. I really, really, hate when I see that. We're here to help each other, among other things, and not judge each other. Many of us, as smokers, have dealt with harsh judgments and are recovering, to one degree or another, from not only smoking but the psychological and emotional damage done to us by those shaming and ostracizing. One's goals should be all that matters and they won't be the same for everyone. My health and economics mattered to me. I've reached the goals I set for myself. So, if I appear to be on a soap box here its, hopefully, for the eyes of new comers who may have gotten the impression they have to hide here the way they've had to elsewhere while smoking. We're here to help, not hinder.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

E-cigs worked for me within a week. I was letting myself have one cigarette after dinner...then I forgot! I believe the only way to get off analogs is to taper off and then quit. If you can be smokeless for a couple of days with the help of E-cigs., you may be able to win the battle.
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Gave up cigs the day I finally got a decent ecig. Wasn't the least bit difficult to me

Stars and Bars, how long did you smoke, if you don't mind me asking? I smoked for 37 years..it took me about 4 days to switch. I haven't dared touch an analog since!
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I got a V4L kit over 4 yrs ago after smoking for over 38 yrs. Stopped smoking within just a few days like MK
    AudreySchroder likes this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Kay View Post
    Stars and Bars, how long did you smoke, if you don't mind me asking? I smoked for 37 years..it took me about 4 days to switch. I haven't dared touch an analog since!
    Don't mind at all. I smoked for a little over 10 years.
    Mary Kay likes this.

Idiot Guru ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I switched from one or the other in my early days Ms. Audrey. First 2 kits would vape only, until the cravings got bad enough, then went back to smoking and restarted all over again.... Wasn't until my kit V4L arrived that I finally stopped smoking and only vaped... Haven't picked up a cigarette since, know my limits. I applaud those that can have one or two and go right back to vaping.... I will always be a recovering smoker. One puff will put me right back on to a 3 pack a day habit....
    "Everyone loves a revolution, all the liberty they bring, everyone loves a revolution, one man's chain is another man's key, you never know what you'll get when tyrants fall... A revolution just a circle after all."- ilyAIMY "Revolutions Per Minute"

Ultra Member ECF Veteran MorpheusPA's Avatar

I was dual for a while, but from day 1 it was already majority vaping. Still, it took about 3 months to completely switch over--even though by the end of the first month it was 95% vaping, 5% cigarette.

My organic lawn care and gardening blog: http://thegreengreengrassofhome.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast