Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: doctor reffering patients to vapor4life

Default doctor reffering patients to vapor4life

hey i am new to the forum, and i am a physician in kentucky. I recently kicked a 12 year, pack a day smoking habbit with the aid of vaping in 2 days. like many of my patients i had tried wellbutrin, chantix, patches, gum and the losanges to no affect. I have been sending patients, staff, and family alike to get everyone i know to start who hasnt been able to quit using other means. i originally bought another kit, but have since switched to vapor4life as i think you all have the best kits and customer service out there. I just want you to know what life savers you all will be.

fetasigma, Welcome to The vapor 4 Life forum and to ECF!
    You are truly doing a good thing! My Dr. hasn't weighed in yet, but as a lifelong non-smoker, she doesn't understand how hard quitting really is..on a personal, not clinical level. She says she will wait and see if I "really" quit before reccomending E-cigs.
    As a 37 year smoker, I can tell you E-Cigs made quitting bearable..but Vapor Kings made it enjoyable! I am nearly 8 months without a single analog and it has been amazing. E-Cigs may not be for everyone, but at least they can say they tried.

Keep up the good work!
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

the majority of people and patients that i am recomeding this to have tried usually multiple alternative methods and failed. I am not brining this up to anyone that has not tried any other methods, i am using it also in conjuction with smoking cessation class that we have locally, but the mental health profesionals over there havent yet begun to appreciate my efforts.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Wow wish there were more Doctors like you! Can't believe how the FDA approves Chantix with all the horrible side effects and won't give ecigs a chance.
    Keep up the good work Doc!
    PS- I smoked for almost 40 years and never intended to quit when I started vaping, it just happened and I am so glad
    Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.

I tried almost everything and always went back to smoking. I really thought eventually I would be one of those people smoking through a little hole in their throat. I am so thankful I found out about vaping and gave it a try, and to V4L for making it simple and pleasurable to keep at it. Welcome!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran CloudBurst's Avatar

My Doc totally agrees that e cigs are the way to go, I've been smoke free 7 months today and my success has gotten him to reccommend them as well! After researching, of course, he says, they are great and an excellent alternative!

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As far as I know, my doctor hasn't started referring them, but he sure like the changes in me.
    I still get a kick out of how he just had to hold my mini after I showed it to him, and how he had to show it to another doctor.
    I bet he ask about it the next time I'm there.
    And, welcome doc, wish there was a ton more like you.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Katmar's Avatar

You rock, doc!!!!!!!!!

Colin

Can we get this post confirmed, whether publicly or through a moderator in private?

The physician could either post where his or her details might be found online or he or she could contact a moderator and let them check to see if they are legit.

I don't mean to be rude but this might not be a real physician.

Yankees/Giants/Lakers Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Colin View Post
    Can we get this post confirmed, whether publicly or through a moderator in private?

The physician could either post where his or her details might be found online or he or she could contact a moderator and let them check to see if they are legit.

I don't mean to be rude but this might not be a real physician.
    Colin, I don't believe you are being rude.
    The misspellings of "referring" "habit" and "lozenge" in the OP had me curious as well, but that's just me. I don't trust anyone...LOL...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast