First Visit in a while, this place use to be hoppin, what happened? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: First Visit in a while, this place use to be hoppin, what happened?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran Amraann's Avatar

I was wondering too.

He was always the first to answer a question and help people.

I am still loyal to V4L gear but the lack of the "family feel" is starting to worry me about the state of the company.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Remember Adrinalyn? ..And then SnowDragon? .. Once they got too big for their britches they were ousted. Perhaps in this case it was different..

On the topic of why the drop in traffic, my guess would be that in this forums "heyday", vaporizers were new to the market and a lot of the products available were pretty crappy. V4L stood like a shinning beacon of how good using a pv could be. Fast forward to today and the difference is that an ego device can be had on almost any street corner in any major metro area. Good pvs are now ubiquitous. There is no longer much of a need for new users to seek out advise on what model to buy and where to get it. We are no longer the cool trendy kids with all the right answers...
    K9Luvr likes this.

You are correct in that one can buy an ego anywhere. I started off with an ego and then a friend sent me a bunch of V4L gear. Sense then I only use V4L gear.

I have no interest in getting into some high end rebuildable box thingy. I still recomend V4L to any one who asks me about e-cigs or what they should buy.

ECF Veteran

Agreed. I not only recommend V4L but also supply a lot of my friends, family, and associates with V4L products. The point was that a person doesn't need to go searching forums for better products the way "we" did when we started. Back then, there was a lot of interest and no brick and mortar stores. The forums were all we had. Those days are pretty much over, right?

Sadly I agree. I guess what sticks out to me more than the lack of new people who would pop in to ask questions is that we use to have a group of us that chatted here even without new people popping in and asking questions.

I wonder if more of us were in here chatting like we use to if that would be more inviting to new people?

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran AudreySchroder's Avatar

lambolover - I think you just hit the nail on the head. The vaping industry has grown so much these past few years and before you could pretty much only buy ecigs online. Now they're everywhere and more people know about them and are talking about them. It's a good thing!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran krazie_Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K9Luvr View Post
    Good to see ya, KK!
    K9! How have ya been? I been thinking of you guys a lot recently!
    Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran krazie_Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lambolover808 View Post
    Remember Adrinalyn? ..And then SnowDragon? .. Once they got too big for their britches they were ousted. Perhaps in this case it was different..

On the topic of why the drop in traffic, my guess would be that in this forums "heyday", vaporizers were new to the market and a lot of the products available were pretty crappy. V4L stood like a shinning beacon of how good using a pv could be. Fast forward to today and the difference is that an ego device can be had on almost any street corner in any major metro area. Good pvs are now ubiquitous. There is no longer much of a need for new users to seek out advise on what model to buy and where to get it. We are no longer the cool trendy kids with all the right answers...
    Lamb,

SnowDragon was booted for basically attacking new members. Someone on ECF got sick of it, and she contacted the owner, and banned him. I almost got banned if it was not for her sticking up for me as well.

Now onto the whole vaporizers. V4L back when they first started until 2011 were the best e-cigs you can get (there were only cig-a-likes out then). So they really stood out. I even noticed a change in my original V4L cig, to the most recent one I bought over a year ago... Now fast forward from 2011 to now. Now you have Kamry K100 mods which are great starter drippers, you have tanks, GLV mods, you have Penny mods (one of the best for dripping), you have drippers... So V4L fell off the map due to them evolving slow with how fast the e-cig industry evolved. I have been using V4L's cig-a-like up till last march, and switched to a mech mod and another mod.

There is nothing like dripping at all. V4L (last I checked) Doesn't even have a dripping line or sell drippers. If you have a local B&M store, ask if they have a dripper you can test. Also ask for 6MG of nic (Trust me, I am STILL at 36MG you don't want to drip what you normally tank. You WILL literally get a nic overdose). If I could afford the cost a week to drip, I would. I personally like a mod that I can take the batteries out of, that way I don't have to throw away a 120 dollar mod, just 5 dollar batteries.

FOr those of you who are looking to switch to a mod, do NOT use trustfire, and ALWAYS ask the manufacturer what kind of batteries you need. There are a ton of different kinds, IMR ICR, and a lot of other ones. Then you have batteries that look alike but are different.

If V4L wants to get back in the lead, they need to really look at what kind of mods are out there, mechanical being the top mod style due to you can drip. V4L needs to make good drippers, and good mods if they want to take the lead. But since they are so far behind, it will be hard work to do so.

TLR

To get back on top, V4L needs to have a mechanical mod, drippers (Thats what everyone I met uses now. Both online and in person) and a good variety of mods.
    Roccov likes this.
    Laa shay'a waqi'un moutlaq bale kouloun moumkine. The wisdom of our creed is revealed through these words. We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins. Nothing is true, everything is permitted.

ECF Veteran

Your right about Snow being hard on people. Ady and Mondo have also rubbed people the wrong way. Correlation? Also, Keyzy wasn't really a new member, right?

I agree 100% on 5v vaping. I use the Smoktec Woo aka 5v WOW aka 5v OMG with cool carts. 5v performance at $20 per = awesome!

Yep, I haven't been here in awhile myself. Kind of died out. But... I'm still a loyal V4L customer; it just works!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast