Vapor4Life welcome mat................... - Page 9
Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Vapor4Life welcome mat...................

Ultra Member ECF Veteran aubergine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainst View Post
    Aubergine, you turn me on when you get all dominant.

Stop it now.

"Stop it now" is not the safeword, sweetheart.

(I love it when they forget the safeword.)

OK, been vaping now for 3 days and I like it Also ordered another UU Auto Kit for my brother in law since he got interested when I showed him mine. I also ordered some juice, empty carts and peach carts weeee! Gosh, trying out new flavors can be addicting.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran aubergine's Avatar

But no, I'm serious. I don't have time to count, but I think posts in some of those old standby forums have thinned out since. IMHO we shouldn't have a subforum for newbies like this, especially since the most positive and inspiring stuff is all in there. A scan of "headline" content lately (roughly, as it bumps around...) goes:
    Sticky:Warrenty
    Sticky: Juice Swap
    sticky: Newbies
    Sticky: A Poll
    Sticky:Chat
    Sticky: Stock update
    Then:
    How Many Cartos a day?
    Tester Mixing
    I am smoking again
    I am overdosing
    "The hernia effect"
    Contest
    Does nicotine make things dirty?
    Brand names are confusing
    I like Lager
    You can spin or not
    Vaping doesn't work for me
    Why is it so hard to quit smoking even with vapes?
    Flavor review
    Transferring juice from one cart to another
    Tobacco flavors
    etc.

These are all fine threads, but you know, mostly sort of incidental, and not inspiring, and actually misleading and unbalanced as many of the woot woot! stories (and previously fun digressions) are largely landing in the newbie subforums, which doesn't somehow do the spirit and content of the forum justice, especially to anyone just stopping in. Or to a newbie who also doesn't wander around in links and subforums much. And know I tend not to ramble into that newbie sticky, especially if busy, and forget that there might be a neat story, etc. My eye is just caught by the overdosing guy or an arcane double-carto idea or something.

Here's how I would do it, or something like, stickies in bold:

Sticky:
    Warranty
    Sticky:
    Welcome to Vapor King, A Users Guide
    Welcome to the Forum, Things to Do
    subforums:
    Get a VrL Signature
    Chat
    Post your Pic
    subforum: The Team
    subforum: Us
    Sticky:
    So What's Your Story? (It's this section, I think, that really inspires new users, and us all.)
    Sticky:
    Seriously! Why we love it. (Ditto)
    Sticky:
    Stock Updates
    Refilling/Topping Carts, tricks and tips
    Sticky:
    Swap carts and juices

It's not making sense now - some of the highlighted threads in "newbies" are already stickies and useful to all, and the most important threads for general mood update and uplift and only in there... eh. That's 7 stickies instead of 6, by the way. I'm running off to work and may have forgotten something and should probly post this somewhere else but it's got too confused to know where at this point, grumble...
    Last edited by aubergine; 03-02-2010 at 12:34 PM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran K9Luvr's Avatar

Red face PCC question

Hi everyone,

I'm a NuB, and I got my PCC, etc. yesterday. My question is this: I have had the PCC plugged into the USB port since 7:00pm EST, and this morning the PCC is charged (green LED) but the battery is still charging. When I got my order yesterday, I plugged both batteries in - one into the wall charger, the other in the PCC. Both of them were ready to use in a very short amount of time. I used both of them, with different cartos, over the course of the evening (I am SOOOOOOO glad I discovered vaping!), and then plugged them back into the chargers before I went to bed. The wall charged battery was 'green' this a.m., but the PCC battery is still 'red'.

Have I done something wrong? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Once your PCC is fully charged, the top light will show GREEN.

While your battery is charging, the bottom light will show red, and once charged, the bottom light will be off, sometimes intermittently flashing red (as if its trying to top it up).

Sometimes after leaving my battery on the charger overnight, it still shows as red for a bit, but it's never hindered my battery performance. I think it's just an intermittent PCC issue.
    I am an adult. I am a vaper. I do not need over-regulation or any organization telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I can make my own decisions and I can deal with the consequences. Over-Regulation = higher prices for me based on red tape I didn't ask for.

Thanx Bornagainst,

I even took the battery out of the PCC and put it back in, to see if the LED changed, but when I put it back in the LED was still red. So I wasn't sure if I could use the battery, yet, so I left it plugged in, at home. I brought my other battery to work, and it will be interesting to see how long the battery lasts. I have no way to charge it here at work (didn't bring the charger, my bad), so I hope I don't vape too much. Am thoroughly enjoying not having an analog, so far. Wasn't sure how it would go with my coffee this a.m., but so far, so good!

ECF Veteran

No worries...it gets better every day!

I have a small USB to wall plug that I carry with me, so I can plug my PCC in while at work or school. A decent six or seven dollar purchase if you ask me.
    Last edited by bornagainst; 03-02-2010 at 12:39 PM.
    I am an adult. I am a vaper. I do not need over-regulation or any organization telling me what I should or shouldn't do. I can make my own decisions and I can deal with the consequences. Over-Regulation = higher prices for me based on red tape I didn't ask for.

Bornagainst: excellent suggestion on the USB to wall AC adapter. I will definitely have to look into picking one of those up.

Back to the battery in question: if it still shows as charging (RED) when I get home from work, you think it still is 'ok' to use? should I just use it until it is in need of recharging? Do you think I might have hurt it by recharging it after so little use, instead of letting it go 'dry', so to speak?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by K9Luvr View Post
    Bornagainst: excellent suggestion on the USB to wall AC adapter. I will definitely have to look into picking one of those up.

Back to the battery in question: if it still shows as charging (RED) when I get home from work, you think it still is 'ok' to use? should I just use it until it is in need of recharging? Do you think I might have hurt it by recharging it after so little use, instead of letting it go 'dry', so to speak?
    If you plug the battery into your PCC and it doesn't blink 5 times, it's either fully charged or it's toast.

If the battery vapes fine, then it's just a temporary glitch, or just a bit of wierdness with the PCC.

Personally, I have one PCC which, over time, has a bottom red light issue (the light stays on after charging, and turns off when I remove the battery), but has never stopped fully charging my batts.

thanx, again, Bornagainst

Page 9 of 59 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast