Dry mouth with vaping - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dry mouth with vaping

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Adrenalynn View Post
    PG and VG are desiccants, or humectants more correctly. They're hygroscopic - they "drink up" water from the air around them.

Meaning: Yes. It's normal. Hydrate more to overcome it.

this......

i get it more in the evening esp. on the way home from work basically cuz i aint had ah drink for 5/6 hours.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Very normal and it hasn't gone away for me either. Though it's still better than the cotton mouth I'd have after a night of chain smoking.

85% of my waking hours I'm walking around with a cup of coffee so I stay well lubricated if not really hydrated. Of course having a snus portion now and then helps with the saliva production too.

I just remembered a hint I got when I started..hard candy..in my case sugarfree. Gum is good too..but I don't recomend it when you are vaping.
    Mary Kay
    Analog free -April 17,2009
    Ladies, Please join us in ECF's: The Women's Room

Full Member ECF Veteran

Drink more water, definitely!!!

I've also found this mouthwash to be great for that PV/VG coating that dries out the mouth:

http://www.biotene.com/products/mouthwash.aspx?rotation=33912227&banner=212514807& placement={placement}

Sugarfree gum for me also...builds up the saliva...when not vaping.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

It either went away for me or I just quit noticing it.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Water, then more water!!

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke1975 View Post
    I have just gotten mine today and using it, I am totally in love, never thought it would this easy. I have noticed a dry mouth with it. Is this a norm and does it go away once you are use to vaping?
    sorry in a hurry not reading all the posts but here is my 10cents

I suffered form dry mouth for the longest time when using the V4L carts. I then switched over to premium flavors and it vanished. I don't know what it is, but the Preme juice seemed to be different. I have yet to have a dryness problem with them, I would give them i try.

If your using a preme flavor and still getting dry mouth just go ahead and be sure to take some water with ya, Its a simple fix.

Hope that helped. Later

Super Member ECF Veteran

Water has not proven to be enough for me and I drink about 6-7 17oz bottles a day

I just got this delivered today and it seems to be helping:

Amazon.com: Rain Spry Dry Mouth Spray By Xlear with All Natural Moisturizing Xylitol to Help Prevent Cavities and Keep Mouth Moist) 4.5 Oz: Health & Personal Care

Senior Member ECF Veteran bombastinator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamer View Post
    sorry in a hurry not reading all the posts but here is my 10cents

I suffered form dry mouth for the longest time when using the V4L carts. I then switched over to premium flavors and it vanished. I don't know what it is, but the Preme juice seemed to be different. I have yet to have a dryness problem with them, I would give them i try.

If your using a preme flavor and still getting dry mouth just go ahead and be sure to take some water with ya, Its a simple fix.

Hope that helped. Later
    Makes me wonder if there isn't something in them to prevent dry mouth. It would make sense. Maybe time to hit those "premium" flavors with a little gas chromatography. What exactly is meant by premium flavor by the way?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast