Hurricane Irene - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Hurricane Irene

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You know I think that the weather people started doing this right after Hugo. I remember seeing them hold up in a hotel during Katrina that had the first few stories washed away. It was some powerful video but still I was thinking what idiots! And in a way they are encouraging people not to evacuate.
    Seems like if it is illegal to stay where evacuation is mandatory that they would be breaking the law.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

People are starting to report the tornadoes now though I bet that there will be many

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I just saw on the weather where the ground is already about 90% saturated in the NE so that may not bode well at all since the trees will be uprooted so much easier

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Dang it! A child was killed after a tree struck the bldg she was in in VA I have to stop watching now.
    Stay safe all!

this was a pretty weak hurricane by some standards, but we are still having problems. Ther are still some school districts closed because of power outages. My mom just got her power back this morning and my mother in law is still out and it looks like next week before it comes back on.

My boss doesn't have power at his Md. home so he went to his vacation home in the Outer Banks NC where he does have power and everything is back to normal!

I still have to take a detour to work because of trees in the road! It is a very small side street and the detour is no big deal, but c'mon. It's been 4 days now!

And all the flooding in Vermont. The only state effected without an ocean coastline and it looks like it may be the worst!

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

There's been a few times when I've watched Jim Cantore and his fellow idiots bracing themselves again strong winds and being blown backwards ... and then suddenly there is a man and a woman walking behind them normally ... waving at the camera.

TT
    salemgold likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    There's been a few times when I've watched Jim Cantore and his fellow idiots bracing themselves again strong winds and being blown backwards ... and then suddenly there is a man and a woman walking behind them normally ... waving at the camera.

TT

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345