TT's Tall Tales - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree140Likes

Thread: TT's Tall Tales

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

My gosh Gummy Bear! You have got everybody in that pic! There's you ... right in front of the nekkid lady, Don Knotts, my dog Chance, me and the missus, Pokey's Pony, Nursie T's avvie on the newspaper, the dead cat, the drunk armadillo, and bra's flying through the air!!

Absolutely wonderful!!

TT
    Last edited by TexasT; 07-06-2012 at 05:09 PM.
    Free2BMe and kgj like this.

Tink Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

And Salem's parrot is there, too. Is that a glass of blue lizardade you are drinking, Gummy?
    TexasT and kgj like this.
    Happy to be Smoke-Free since 7/18/10

PV Master* ECF Veteran Gummy Bear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tgcrna View Post
    And Salem's parrot is there, too. Is that a glass of blue lizardade you are drinking, Gummy?
    No, that's the game "A barrel Full Of Monkeys"
    Also there is a real pic on me in there with the Commodores. (Mrs TT is singing to us)
    And the cat filing it's evil fingernails
    And the fat lady that owned the dead cat
    and Second Chance way back there on the courthouse steps.
    TexasT, tgcrna and Free2BMe like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Another tale

Quote Originally Posted by TexasT View Post
    There's no way you guys are going to believe this.

My wife went up to the Old Timers Fatality Days Festivities up in town because some of my smaller grandkids are here and of course they have to ride all the rides that the little carnival has set up and my wife needed to be there to take pics and visit with everybody in the gol'danged town. I don't think too many people talked to my wife when she was a child because she sure likes to talk now and is making up for it.

Anyhow, I was on the phone with LD and told him I had to go because it was about time for her to get home and I needed to go downstairs and turn on the outside lights for her. And right about then she pulled in and parked her snazzy car in the pole barn.

So she starts walking toward the house and we both heard this kind of a growl. So of course I went back in the house figuring that if this thing was going to eat one of us it might as well be her because I have so much mowing to do.

She gets in the house and called me a bunch of real bad names for leaving her outside alone with some kind of a monster ... which I denied doing and explained I had a cake in the oven I had needed to check on and that in reality I'm the macho, hero type of guy who fears nothing!

To prove my point I got my 9mm semi-automatic that has a 30 round clip and went out to face the creature.

As I got near her car I discovered what it was.

It was a damned cat!

That thing had got up under her car somewhere while she was in town and rode home with her under her car.

My fearless dog Chance was with me and when he saw the cat he ran back to the porch and climbed in a cardboard box that she had used for some of her rocks she had brought home from Arkansas.

Chance and I seem to have a lot in common.

TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bear View Post
    Last edited by salemgold; 07-08-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    TexasT, Sdh and kgj like this.

Last edited by Gummy Bear; 07-08-2012 at 01:16 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

This will be hard to illustrate Then again, maybe not.

Yeah Sdh, FatChance is one of SecondChance's cousins on his mothers sisters, brothers side of the part of the family that was married to somebody. He was actually a highly successful harmonica player. He used to sit beside the car wash and entertain people as they washed their Pontiac's, Nash Ramblers and Hudson's and made enough money to buy some beers every night. He was best known for his rendition of "The Wreck of the Old 97" on the harmonica which some say he associated with SecondChance saying that ol' SecondChance was a train wreck.

He would probably be handy to have around to find foreign objects on your floors because, as I recall, he never wore shoes. But a lot of people around here are that way. I haven't heard from him in several years ... heck, he could be a big time music star in one of the big cities like Moody, or Sylas or Karnack or some place like that here in Texas.

TT
    Quote Originally Posted by Gummy Bear View Post
    Ha, I found it,,,,

I knew that I had seen it somewhere.
    Last edited by salemgold; 07-10-2012 at 02:58 PM.
    TexasT likes this.

Let's see there was something about FatChance playing a harmonica with his feet, Right?

(But that was years ago)
    Last edited by Gummy Bear; 07-10-2012 at 03:11 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Here is another that needs to be illustrated, Gummy

Hiya techno and thank you for the recipe!

Nursie T, I was seriously going to go out and mow today. Really!

But my wife wanted to take our dog Chance to the Vet so she could spend a whole bunch of money. She loves to spend a whole bunch of money.

But first, Chance had to be bathed and by the time we got him out from behind the headboard of the bed when he ran to hide when he learned he was getting a bath it was already getting late in the morning. And the rascal had to hide there and my wife saw all my vaping gear back there and now she knows where I hide. I have to find a new hiding pace.

The strange thing is that Chance loves to get a bath. Really! He just has to play this little game first.

So we got him cleaned up and then I had to get my wife cleaned up. Now that is a real job and a half. I mean just scrubbing her big old back is a thirty minute job. I wish Sdh had been here because she likes to stick her hands in ... never mind.

So anyhow, I eventually got her cleaned up and dressed. Chance jumped right in the back seat of the truck but I had a heck of a time getting my wife loaded in the bed of the truck. And by the time I got her in there I was already all hot and sweaty and not for the reasons you might think.

So we went to the Vet and spent a whole lot of money and came home and I took a great big old Pokey nap. The last time I saw Chance he was chasing that barn cat around the house. That cat ought to know to stay at the barn. Dumb cat. I think it was eating Chance's food while we were gone.

So I never did mow and in fact, never did much of anything. But that's okay.

All I have is time!

And I love it!

TT
    TGs response

Quote Originally Posted by tgcrna View Post
    The pictures you paint!!

Last edited by salemgold; 07-18-2012 at 12:32 AM.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678