GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1 - Page 11
Page 11 of 1500 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521611115111011 ... LastLast
Like Tree36244Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 1

Accessories Supplier ECF Veteran misterkai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perseas View Post
    1-3 days before, I announce the date and time here, Twitter, Facebook, VapourArt, VaporWall, VapePit, UkVapers. We have mini batches almost every week.
    Fantastic! This will be my first RBA and I am very excited!

Just setup my first coil on my shiny new GP Spheroid
    iam afraid to pull too hard on it as iam getting hot juice in my mouth, have i overfilled the wadding?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eXsmok3r View Post
    Just setup my first coil on my shiny new GP Spheroid
    iam afraid to pull too hard on it as iam getting hot juice in my mouth, have i overfilled the wadding?
    I am no expert but my guess is yes. From how I fill it I just get the filler wet but not dripping wet. How long is your wick?
    eXsmok3r likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by springfieldarms View Post
    I am no expert but my guess is yes. From how I fill it I just get the filler wet but not dripping wet. How long is your wick?
    i left a loop on one side and x2 1cm on the other side. snug fit i will vape it and see how things turn out. not sure if its pure juice or hot condensation. it was almost immediately after i started it up, after a clean around the drip tip socket the juice is back again in that area

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I made my wicks a bit too long the other day(which yours don't seem to be) and I was getting a lot of gurgle

yep iam going to perfect the GP Spheroid as i go through lots of juice with it i may push a little of the wadding over the vapor hole see if that prevents splashing juice further up

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran perseas's Avatar

The gurgling means that you have juice inside the base. Blow from the 510 connector and it will be fine.

I would like to mention the lasso style by Alexmach, for the wick and I recommend the length of the wick to be equal to the diameter of the Spheroid, no more of 5 cm and no less than 3.5 mm. In that way, you have good wicking and no need to touch the wick during refill.

SS mesh for those who don't like SiO2 by Philip100

SS mesh for those who don't want aquarium wool by herby68 and implemented by Philips100.
    60 cm (4x 15cm) #400 SS mesh. (2.2ml capacity).

The best way to avoid hot spots is to put the coil diagonally. (image by Maff)

And a technique for the cotton lovers by Vapid:

Here's one tip for twisted coils by Maff:

Pinch the two ends of wire between the thumbnail and finger. Get your allen key (used for opening the spheroid top cap). Stick it in the loop and twist the allen key.

It's so so simple but the results are great.
    Last edited by perseas; 02-11-2013 at 06:56 PM.
    springfieldarms and eXsmok3r like this.

Excellent pics and info thankyou.
    I unscrewed the base to have a look, the wadding was covering the vapor tube completely not like i assembled it. i have pushed it further/tighter down around. the draw was fairly tight before now it is better and no hot juice great device i will be trying different wicking methods as time goes on.
    springfieldarms and perseas like this.

Senior Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just a question about the GP Piccolo - I noticed that the vents are on the bottom of the mod. I heard that the battery usually vents from the positive side. Is the positive side of the battery supposed to be toward the button in the piccolo?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran perseas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by synic View Post
    Just a question about the GP Piccolo - I noticed that the vents are on the bottom of the mod. I heard that the battery usually vents from the positive side. Is the positive side of the battery supposed to be toward the button in the piccolo?
    In theory yes, so we have insured there is adequate space inside the tube to help gases escape through the bottom vent holes. Consequently, there is no fear of having the vent holes near the battery's negative pole, where the button is located.

Sent from my iPad
    Last edited by perseas; 02-12-2013 at 11:10 AM.
    synic and springfieldarms like this.