GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron - Page 86
Page 86 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687 LastLast
Like Tree2068Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Heron

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I've just never been able to find another wicking medium where I could get rid of the taste... no matter what I've done there has always been a taste I don't like with other natural materials. Apparantly cellucotton is the new "thing", but functionally it's going to work just like any other cotton...
    Currently using: GP PAPS v3, GP PAPS X 1.5, Super-T Precise ELA, Zen ZNA, Super-T Precise+ 16340, Super-T Precise 10440, Mako, Megalodon, and Super-T Simplicity
    Chain-vaping: NLV Bounty Hunter, Gold, Harbor Nite, AVE Boba's Bounty, HHV Huntsman

Quote Originally Posted by perseas View Post
    For the life of me I cannot explain it, so the only solution is to return the unit and we shall replace it with a new one. I hope you haven't burned the fluff and vape it (this is a joke)
    Just wanted to let everyone know I got my replacement a couple days ago and just now had the time to sit down and build it.

It's working like a champ and none of that terrible taste from the heron I sent back.

I built it with KGD and ribbon wire and the flavor is amazing. I might try and build my Spheroid like that next rebuild.
    Provari / Opus-D / Hana v3 / VaporShark DNA 30 / GP Spheroid / GP Heron / Vapinaze AL-1 Genisis / Atomic RDA / Prometey V2

A Friend Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

A post quoted on the microcoil thread. Thought I would post here for rayon/cellulose cotton in a Heron .

Quote Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
    Fantastic build Master. How's the rayon treating your juice?

A few days ago talking about my recent exp rayon on another thread I said, I have been comparing build to build with cotton vs rayon. I also mentioned that I have moved to rayon on many atomizers but, is going to be tough for me to ever give cotton up....
    Well, today cotton lost another spot to rayon due to its superior wicking. I just can't get over the always drenched wick.
    Here is a basic build of a favorite tank, the GP Heron. Nothing fancy as it was a side by side vape off, lol with a duplicate build with KGD.
    Single coil 28ga at 1.0, rayon with 90vg/10pg. The rayon wick that pokes out of the topper Is cut to 2-3mm and contacts V2 fluff in a tank soaked with juice. The Heron is dependant on suspended juice to flow onto the wick.
    An incredible atomizer already known for flavor, the result was one the top 2 tanks I have ever vaped in a Heron terms of flavor, wicking, juice flow and efficiency.
    The wick stayes juicy.

WARNING: Vaping Reduces Your Risk of Smoking and Increases Your Chance of Living

Hey family hows everyone been I miss you all school and work have swallowed me up

ACE-WOP

A Friend Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Bump

WARNING: Vaping Reduces Your Risk of Smoking and Increases Your Chance of Living

Full Member Verified Member faitaccompli's Avatar

I finally went and rebuilt my Heron using flat wire. OMG, what a pain in the @#$Q@#$!!! I have no torch, so that flat wire was a pain to to do. I will say this, though, I wound up building at 1.3 and it is trucking along. I had no idea how many wraps to use yet... since I have never used flat and didn't feel like monkeying around with it more. I had to use a wider screw driver than my usual 3/32 bit to get the kanthal wrapped... But so far the results are good. Bet it would be even better at .8. Oh... and I think it is time to replace the fluff. lol.
    VapinBill and yankeebobo like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Bump
    MERCY !!! Idabro, you looking good.
    pt91, perseas, yankeebobo and 1 others like this.
    “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.” Eckhardt Tolle

Full Member Verified Member pingpongcomputer's Avatar

Where do you get the rayon? I got one cellucotton wick to work on the spheroid and have had no luck since

A post quoted on the microcoil thread. Thought I would post here for rayon/cellulose cotton in a Heron .

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The rayon referred to is the Cellucotton. Any Sally's in your area.
    pt91 likes this.
    GP Paps X (Titanium, Lux, SS), Paps Lux/SS, Piccolo, bOd Mecha, Caravela, Provari
    Heron, Spheroid, SnP/Cage-Sophia, Origen, Dripper PRO

"Objects In The Rearview Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear"

Full Member Verified Member pingpongcomputer's Avatar

nevermind, i have some crap that is not cellucotton. i'll give that stuff a try, thanks!