Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP PAPS

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Default GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP PAPS

I bet the Heron would look great on the Lux OR the SS paps.
    GP Paps X (Titanium, Lux, SS), Paps Lux/SS, Piccolo, bOd Mecha, Caravela, Provari
    Heron, Spheroid, SnP/Cage-Sophia, Origen, Dripper PRO

"Objects In The Rearview Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear"

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by millertime660 View Post
    I have an all brass addy and im still alive
    Someone correct me if my chemistry is wrong, but brass contains lead, and will cause lead poisoning. I have always been concerned about those beautiful but deadly brass atomizers some pipe folks use.

ECF Veteran

Default GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP PAPS

Quote Originally Posted by Akdare View Post
    Someone correct me if my chemistry is wrong, but brass contains lead, and will cause lead poisoning. I have always been concerned about those beautiful but deadly brass atomizers some pipe folks use.
    Brass generally contains about 2% lead yes. Other people are more than free to vape liquid that has been in contact with lead but I sure won't be.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    No safe threshold for lead exposure has been discovered—that is, there is no known sufficiently small amount of lead that will not cause harm to the body.
    Last edited by chadsmo; 01-31-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Loop, Akdare, rodsky77 and 1 others like this.
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by chadsmo View Post
    Brass generally contains about 2% lead yes. Other people are more than free to vape liquid that has been in contact with lead but I sure won't be.

Lead poisoning - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Not to cause a feud, but you know that the positive post on your Origen Dripper is brass..right?
    chadsmo likes this.
    eGo-Twist > ProVari v2.5 > Precise+ 18650 > Macaveli 350 > MISTer > Poldiac (MiriamWTH) > El Kapitan Copper Ed. > GP Paps X/Taifun GT & XXIX/Zenith v2/KFL+

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pathology View Post
    Not to cause a feud, but you know that the positive post on your Origen Dripper is brass..right?
    Yup. I'm barely ok with it. The only reason im sort of ok with it is because when you tighten the top portion down the brass is barely exposed, and for me personally I can deal with that. If any more of it was exposed I would be more hesitant to vape with it. I do wish it was stainless or at least silver plated or something.

Like I said , I don't care what people vape on at all, there are just possible risks associated with large amounts of juice coming in to contact with brass, and vaping is all about reducing risks to as close to zero as possible IMO.
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

ECF Veteran

Yup. I'm barely ok with it. The only reason im sort of ok with it is because when you tighten the top portion down the brass is barely exposed, and for me personally I can deal with that. If any more of it was exposed I would be more hesitant to vape with it. I do wish it was stainless or at least silver plated or something.

Like I said , I don't care what people vape on at all, there are just possible risks associated with large amounts of juice coming in to contact with brass, and vaping is all about reducing risks to as close to zero as possible IMO.

I agree with you completely on all counts. I'm very much against brass touching juice. I am also like minded with my Origen Dripper. You just sounded absolute, and I wanted you to be aware so you didn't freak out later when you realized lol.

..Sent from the vape lair..
    chadsmo likes this.
    eGo-Twist > ProVari v2.5 > Precise+ 18650 > Macaveli 350 > MISTer > Poldiac (MiriamWTH) > El Kapitan Copper Ed. > GP Paps X/Taifun GT & XXIX/Zenith v2/KFL+

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_poisoning
    Fortunately not all brass contains lead!
    Zen~ "And if I still have a beer six hours after I have purchased it, then I wasn't all that committed to drinking it!"

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Fortunately not all brass contains lead!
    Are you sure yours does not?

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/Hybr...FXNp7AodAjMALg

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akdare View Post
    Yup. There was a lot of thought put into making it. Its from a guy that prioritizes safety. And there was some extensive investigation before getting them out there.

I know some might probably still be hesitant but I was more than fine with the measures taken.
    Loop and chadsmo like this.
    Zen~ "And if I still have a beer six hours after I have purchased it, then I wasn't all that committed to drinking it!"

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yup. There was a lot of thought put into making it. Its from a guy that prioritizes safety. And there was some extensive investigation before getting them out there.

I know some might probably still be hesitant but I was more than fine with the measures taken.
    I'm glad you're fine with it.

Because the disclaimer on the epipes listing is enough for me to not go near them.

Lead is a heavy metal that accumulate, because once in your body, it never leaves, and can take years to manifest symptoms.

Like smoking...

...Nuff said.
    millertime660 and chadsmo like this.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast