Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree235Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP PAPS

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by qorax View Post
    Lovely
    I always had an aversion to the 'nuts'... they made my life a hell trying to dismantle the switch.

The reason why one of my LUX's switch has never been opened. It's getting little sticky now and I can't do anything about it. Don't have the heart to get a box-spanner go into it for fear of ripping the 'gold'! The screw system makes me happy!
    I've never really had an issue, maybe yours is on tighter than mine. I use a pair of needle nose pliers on the nut with my right hand, and with my left hand hold the switch with my thumb and middle finger, press the button with my index finger. I'm just putting light pressure with the pliers. Hold the pliers still and turn the entire switch. As soon as I feel it release, I stop with the pliers, and use my fingers to take it out the rest of the way.

If you are still nervous about that method, you could try the switch in an ultrasonic with a bit of dish soap. That will get into places that are otherwise unreachable.
    perseas, chadsmo, qorax and 1 others like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akdare View Post
    I've never really had an issue, maybe yours is on tighter than mine. I use a pair of needle nose pliers on the nut with my right hand, and with my left hand hold the switch with my thumb and middle finger, press the button with my index finger. I'm just putting light pressure with the pliers. Hold the pliers still and turn the entire switch. As soon as I feel it release, I stop with the pliers, and use my fingers to take it out the rest of the way.

If you are still nervous about that method, you could try the switch in an ultrasonic with a bit of dish soap. That will get into places that are otherwise unreachable.
    Yep, mine is screwed tight as hell I'd try your method - but for that I'd have to first purchase an U/s Cleaner But thanks for that tip ~ I'll keep it immersed in soap water for a night and see if that works.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yep, mine is screwed tight as hell I'd try your method - but for that I'd have to first purchase an U/s Cleaner But thanks for that tip ~ I'll keep it immersed in soap water for a night and see if that works.
    Hey Q, maybe something like this will work? Nylon needle nose pliers...
    qorax likes this.

ECF Veteran

This is the reason I decided to sell my v2 (in order to help fund my v3). I had the Paps version just prior to the release of the X and this is an improvement to every part of the system.

The nut on my old switch kept coming unthreaded at really inconvenient times - usually in use - so I put a drop of blue loctite on the threads. That fixed the problem but created another one: I couldn't really disassemble it because I couldn't get a good grip on the button while turning the nut to break the seal on the threads.

Then the gpin came out. That in itself is a game changer to me.

Then I found out about the newly designed tube and decided to replace over upgrade.

Excited!
    qorax and jujai like this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landman2k1 View Post
    Hey Q, maybe something like this will work? Nylon needle nose pliers...
    Yep, those should work. Thanks for the info buddy, I'll try finding them in my local H/Depot 'coz Amazon's shipping this side of the border is a killer.
    landman2k1 likes this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yep, those should work. Thanks for the info buddy, I'll try finding them in my local H/Depot 'coz Amazon's shipping this side of the border is a killer.
    You might find them more readily at a Michael's in the jewelry section...
    qorax and landman2k1 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy15 View Post
    This is the reason I decided to sell my v2 (in order to help fund my v3). I had the Paps version just prior to the release of the X and this is an improvement to every part of the system.

The nut on my old switch kept coming unthreaded at really inconvenient times - usually in use - so I put a drop of blue loctite on the threads. That fixed the problem but created another one: I couldn't really disassemble it because I couldn't get a good grip on the button while turning the nut to break the seal on the threads.

Then the gpin came out. That in itself is a game changer to me.

Then I found out about the newly designed tube and decided to replace over upgrade.

Excited!
    The problem is I can't sell any of my GPs (unless I've two of one). I love every GP so much that I need to keep each... they, in all their avatar, make me very happy.

ECF Veteran

don't get me wrong... I was very fond of my Paps! It was my first and, to date, only mech mod.

Time for something new though! :-)
    qorax likes this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

ECF Veteran

Question:
    I got a Paps X with GPin, and today when I changed the batt the GPin fell apart.

I put it back together and now my button gets hot, batt gets hot but the atty doesn't fire.

Any ideas what the deal is?
    Both pins are in and the spring, am I missing something?

-Jagellpuff

ECF Veteran

It appears I have crushed the spring in the GPin and that is resulting in the short.

Where can I get replacement springs for the GPin?

-Jagellpuff
    qorax likes this.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast