GP-Heron : Setup Pictorial √ - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: GP-Heron : Setup Pictorial √

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by qorax View Post
    No worries. I understood you were talking about the S'n'C since you hinted at 'boiling'. No one'd boil Silica, would they? As re: Cotton Ball/s ~ pls go ahead with that media. I had success with it too. Just that you may need a bit of extra density of the fibrous cotton than what you are used too.

Remember, this is a sealed tank with a hole to drip juice. Unlike the Spheroid. Thus, an entire gamut of pressure system is working besides gravity, which could be tad tricky to handle.
    That makes me feel a bit better lol. (and yeah, I don't think people boil silica? That'd be silly lol). And yeah, I'm actually quite fond of pressure fed devices. My Taifun GT works great using this system, as does my wifes KFL+ clone (albeit she got a bum one with the channels not deep enough, so I had a bit of a hard time initially, but that was nothing a dremmel tool couldn't fix..lol).

But yeah, anyway, I'll try the cotton ball out since you did have some success with it.
    qorax and StrikeIII like this.
    Mods: GP Paps X, Slug, XXIX
    Atties: KFL+, Taifun GT, PlumeVeil, Hobo RDA

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by golfbum023 View Post
    Thank you Qorax, great build tutorial. I know how time consuming these can be...we all appreciate it bro...
    Thank you dear GB
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

ECF Veteran

Great work Q. I'm really liking cotton balls over the yarn with the Heron when using the deck cap myself.
    Pathology and qorax like this.
    Vaping; a world where 1mm is a REALLY big deal.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Pathology View Post
    (and yeah, I don't think people boil silica? That'd be silly lol)
    I have actually started to boil my silica for 20 minutes. When I glow it, it becomes a little hard, it does not when you boil it, but impurities are being cleaned out.

Sendt fra mobil med Tapatalk
    perseas, Pathology and qorax like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks for this, Q! This is exactly how I was thinking I would do my first setup and you probably saved me a lot of time of figuring out the wick lengths and using the new topper :-)

Tell me though. How are you liking the AFC?
    qorax likes this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy15 View Post
    Thanks for this, Q! This is exactly how I was thinking I would do my first setup and you probably saved me a lot of time of figuring out the wick lengths and using the new topper :-)

Tell me though. How are you liking the AFC?
    The AFC is a nice feature added into this 22/23mm Spheroid It has three holes to play around with and we could use either one, two or all three of them.

Between the three we could go from a nice carto type semi-tight draw (one hole) to all airy Pinoy RDA type (three holes). I'm keeping it midway, at two air-holes opened.

The only hitch is the AFC Ring. Being smooth polished SS, w/out any grooves/knurls, it could be a Pita turning it. I tend to loosen the Heron a bit from the mod, push down the ring a little, rotate it and then re tighten everything up. Not an issue if you already find out your sweet spot (re: draw) and keep the ring at that spot permanently.
    perseas, GB023, cliffy15 and 1 others like this.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by perhol View Post
    I have actually started to boil my silica for 20 minutes. When I glow it, it becomes a little hard, it does not when you boil it, but impurities are being cleaned out.

Sendt fra mobil med Tapatalk

I see. I suppose that does work. Any time I've used it, I torched it BECAUSE I wanted it to be stiffer to shape it easier, but I can see why you would want to boil it as well though. Its just never crossed my mind.

..Sent from the vape lair..
    Mods: GP Paps X, Slug, XXIX
    Atties: KFL+, Taifun GT, PlumeVeil, Hobo RDA

ECF Veteran

Nice Pictorial Q! Again, I come to expect such greatness from you sir.

Here is where I struggle: How in the world do you manage two strands of yarn through the micro coil? I notice you are wrapping around a toothpick, which if I recall is your norm. How does the toothpick compare in size to a 1/16" drill bit? I typically use the drill bit to wrap my coils, and I get nice results with one strand. There is no way I could pull two strands through that, which leads me to believe that the diameter of your coil must be bigger.
    GB023, qorax and cliffy15 like this.
    =ELA v1; ELA v2; Hana v3 mini; Hana v3=
    =GP Spheroid; Kfl v1; Kfl v2; Taifun GT; Origen v2=

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I wondered the same thing.
    qorax likes this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

z06 Beast Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Dang, that write up is very nice and detailed. Bookmarked for future reference when mine arrives!! Great Job bro!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GB023 and qorax like this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast