GP-Heron : Setup Pictorial √ - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree310Likes

Thread: GP-Heron : Setup Pictorial √

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Tried to do it in my Spheroid on a 2mm coil with PnC and I had to yank quite hard. I don't know if I'm choking the wick though... currently testing. The good news is that the wicks hold its shape better with a full strand (I was using looped half stands previously).

That must be one big toothpick.

perseas and qorax like this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by digitals View Post
    Nice Pictorial Q! Again, I come to expect such greatness from you sir.

Here is where I struggle: How in the world do you manage two strands of yarn through the micro coil? I notice you are wrapping around a toothpick, which if I recall is your norm. How does the toothpick compare in size to a 1/16" drill bit? I typically use the drill bit to wrap my coils, and I get nice results with one strand. There is no way I could pull two strands through that, which leads me to believe that the diameter of your coil must be bigger.
    Hey D, Thanks buddy!

Yes, you have noticed right ~ all my build pictorials are with toothpicks ~ for the simple reason that I don't have drill bits And thus I've no clue what size these are vis-a-vis a drill bit. However, these are standard regular toothpicks picked up from Walmart and the likes - If that makes any sense. And the S'n'C yarn smoothly goes thru doubled over.
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

ECF Veteran

Hey Qorax, Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I would never have bothered ordering GP if it wasn't for the tips and tricks section....I hate pausing and rewinding youtube videos.

I measured your toothpick. Closest drill bit size would be 5/64

Attachment 308054Attachment 308053
    qorax likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Masonite View Post
    Hey Qorax, Thanks for sharing your wisdom. I would never have bothered ordering GP if it wasn't for the tips and tricks section....I hate pausing and rewinding youtube videos.

I measured your toothpick. Closest drill bit size would be 5/64

Attachment 308054Attachment 308053
    Oh, thank you M
    Paps, Piccolo, Knight-SE, Kiss-QE, G16, Hammer, BaGua17 & Ti, JM16, Stingray-X & Black, IQ Hybrid, Sirius2, P'vari, Vari-Mini, WAE2, bOd, VS-DNA, Vaper-V4 / Erlkönigin, Prometey1 & 2, KFL, K-Mini, eBaron, R91 Black, Spheroid, Aqua, Estia, Scuba-QE, GVTT, Sophia, Diver2, Killer705, Senio-D, Aiolos-T

ECF Veteran

Awesome, very detailed tutorial. Thank You for taking the time.
    qorax likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Saturday, Grocery Day!
    pt91, digitals and StrikeIII like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb

HERON: Cotton Ball Wick
    ~Same coil ( micro), just dry-burned and replaced the S'n'C with Cotton Ball

COTTON WICK INSERTED & JUICED:

WICK POPPED THRU THE CHAMBER LID:

FIRING THE BUILD:

THOUGHTS:
    Used a little more cotton than I normally do. Kept the wick-tail longer (popping out of the 'lid'). Half a day now, vaping perfectly! Cotton ball always chunks more vapor than S'n'C ~ so it is here. TH remains the same, but Flavor seems to be more pronounced. Not immediately, unlike the S'n'C. Took a while (around 7-10 minutes of vaping) then started to taste fantastic. The juice is the same ~ Stinky Canuck's Pink Poison, which is a 70/30 PG/VG sweetish blend.
    cliffy15, digitals and StrikeIII like this.

ECF Veteran

going to try out your build on spheroid tmrw. thanks for the post.
    ps...sent you a request on FB this week
    PT
    qorax likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

One of those instances...

When Small is Beautiful !
    the ob, perseas, GB023 and 4 others like this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

i cannot wait to get hold of mine excellent review and definitely a setup I will be trying out when it arrives
    GB023 and qorax like this.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast