GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3 - Page 110
Page 110 of 442 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4412
Like Tree27995Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by kscoggins View Post
    I think you're right about AVE - I remember Ben saying no PG in Boba's or Gorilla Juice.
    I'll be interested to see what you think of the Orchid. I've been thinking about getting one. I just got the Plume Veil and loving it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slots View Post
    Same here ...I listened to the hype for almost 2 years.
    Finally broke down and ordered Bobas and Gorilla.
    I tried them, threw them in the juice cupboard, and haven't seen them since.
    Big letdown for me .. My taste buds think I DIY better juice.
    Lurker signing out again ..love this thread
    I listened to the hype too, not always a good thing. No Boba's but do have GJ and a couple of others from AVE. Don't really like any of them, especially not GJ, but if I had to pick one the Christy's Capp is doable.

Quote Originally Posted by 76bridget View Post
    No real love for me on Boba's either. I got a bottle a few months ago, still have over half. Idaho, you need to try some HHV dragon's fire if you haven't already.

HHV also has a purity line for those seeking all VG. I'm not sure about the flavor extraction part tho, but I think they use alcohol extraction. (I could have easily unlearned this like Loop!)
    Never tried the DF, but just about everything else I have tried from HHV was doable, 2 or 3 would be easy ADV's. Thanks for the reminder about Heather.

Quote Originally Posted by kscoggins View Post
    I still haven't tried Ahlusion, I'll have to check them out again. I found that most "pure" NETs I can only vape in small amounts. I loved some of the pipe and cigar extracts but can only do them in spurts, much like I could only smoke pipes and cigars occasionally.
    Ahlusion has been on my bucket list for a long time, always seems to be something else plugged in above them though. Some day...

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X, Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.

Senior Member Verified Member Dontknow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by perseas View Post
    The screws and the coil must not touch the interior of the topper. I had a case where the deck ring wasn't right. If the issue persists, make a flat resistance without coil and ensure that the screws are flush with the posts, and check again. If you have again short, send us an email with photos to fix it.

The AFC ring's position is stabilised from the 510 adapter by design. The same happens when the Heron is screwed into the Paps tubes. You have to unscrew the Heron by half a turn, from the 510 adapter or the tube in order to turn the AFC ring. We designed in that way, because most people have a constant draw preference, while a loose AFC ring would be quite annoying.

This happens mostly due to more or less fluff than is required. Too thin and it can't hold the juice, too condensed and floods after a while, so spread it evenly to have a uniform density with a needle or the fork. Try with a strip of fluff with 2-2,5" length and 0,6" height. Your cotton edges have to be short and be sure the fluff is touching the inner walls of the tube without any gaps.
    OK shorting issue sorted.
    I didn't change much - just paid a bit more attention to what immediately "hit me" when I got up this morning. I don't know if this really was the reason - but just making sure that there was no excess wire (from the coil) sticking out from the positive post that "might" touch the topper. I just wound the coil wire a little further round the post before cutting it. Whether this was the reason for the previous shorts? I don't know?.. But no short this morning anyway.
    Still getting a bit of gurgling though. I'll press on with slightly more/less filler until that too gets sorted.
    So - thanks to all for suggestion and thoughts on this...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyork13 View Post
    A new arrival. Isn't it a beauty? Time for a bath, my little X.
    Thank you again, Secret Santa.
    Congrats! Love your 'staging'! Cute!
    VapinBill, Nach, Spydro and 2 others like this.
    Mods: Super-T:((4)ELA V1; (1)Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)Simp(26500)-SS; (1)Simp(26650)-SS) - GP PAPS:((2)X V1.5-SS; (1)X V1.5-Ti Edition #006)
    Atties:
    (2)KFL; (5) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp)

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Good morning everyone. I wish everyone a great humpday. My morning setup with Ahlusion Apple Tarte Tatin.

​Analog Free Since July 17, 2011

Hi All,

I ran across an interesting issue the other night and would like some input. I have a Paps V3 (lux) as well as the 18650 SS tube and also recently acquired a TOBH Atty V2.5. My first build on the TOBh was around .5 and had it sitting on the Paps with a fully charged Sony VCT4 and once i start pulsing and pinching the coils the button would get hot. I checked for shorts on my ohm reader and nothing came up, tightened down my post screws... nothing.

I also have a Raiju RDA, mirrored the build and it works great on the paps. I then took the TOBH and used it with another mod (telescopic nickel plated copper positive pin) and it works like a charm..

Is it possible that this is an issue in the Gpin and the paps was not meant for sub ohming?

Any help is welcome and appreciated.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by nanodragon View Post
    Hi All,

I ran across an interesting issue the other night and would like some input. I have a Paps V3 (lux) as well as the 18650 SS tube and also recently acquired a TOBH Atty V2.5. My first build on the TOBh was around .5 and had it sitting on the Paps with a fully charged Sony VCT4 and once i start pulsing and pinching the coils the button would get hot. I checked for shorts on my ohm reader and nothing came up, tightened down my post screws... nothing.

I also have a Raiju RDA, mirrored the build and it works great on the paps. I then took the TOBH and used it with another mod (telescopic nickel plated copper positive pin) and it works like a charm..

Is it possible that this is an issue in the Gpin and the paps was not meant for sub ohming?

This has been discussed here over and over. GP does not condone or support sub ohms. The GPin is not designed to handle the loads.
    VapinBill, mssam, Cucco and 3 others like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member jpcwon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Woody7781 View Post
    This has been discussed here over and over. GP does not condone or support sub ohms. The GPin is not designed to handle the loads.
    This.

Perseas says that the GPin is not designed for sub-ohm builds, so I try to keep my builds above 1 Ohm for the most part. Now having said that, I have run .6-.8 Ohm builds on my paps and the GPin handled it just fine, but I don't make a habit out of it as GP does not recommend it....

The only time I had a button get hot on my Paps was when I had a dead short in one of my Herons....so I suspect you may have had a short somewhere along the way....
    Last edited by jpcwon; 07-09-2014 at 04:32 PM.
    VapinBill, dmska, mssam and 4 others like this.
    -JP-
    "Vaping will save me money........Right?"

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by newyork13 View Post
    A new arrival. Isn't it a beauty? Time for a bath, my little X.
    Thank you again, Secret Santa.
    First you win a X and now a Bod, man I need your luck. Congrats again!
    Done going back and forth to Analogs...

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran perseas's Avatar

Hi All,

Hi buddy, our devices are not designed for sub ohm use, only the GP PAPS X can handle that load and I say that with the disclaimer that we don't endorse the sub ohm coils to be used in conjunction with our devices.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Hi All,

Well, I'll give you some "out on your own" feed back. I didn't know the Gpin wasn't designed, nor is supported for sub ohming, but i do it on my v3 18500, .40-.50ohms with an aw imr 18490. I haven't experienced the button getting hot or warm at all, but the atty and top cap area can get extremely hot if i'm chain vaping or playing around with clouds. I did read that the recommended battery is an AW IMR, not a VTC, which is why it probably heats up like crazy under heavy load. Now, i do have an 18650 tube for the v3 and I just tried it with the aforementioned build and a vtc4 and it seemed fine over here. However, now that I know the pin cant handle that type of load, i'll lift up the resistance on my builds with the v3.
    Idaholandho likes this.