GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3 - Page 111
Page 111 of 446 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4454
Like Tree28087Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by perseas View Post
    Hi buddy, our devices are not designed for sub ohm use, only the GP PAPS X can handle that load and I say that with the disclaimer that we don't endorse the sub ohm coils to be used in conjunction with our devices.
    Hey P, just out of curiosity what makes the X able to handle the load more than the V3 since they basically use the same GPin and negative post. Is it because there is more SS/AB material to absorb the heat?
    mssam, Cucco, Spydro and 1 others like this.
    Done going back and forth to Analogs...

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran perseas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIII View Post
    Hey P, just out of curiosity what makes the X able to handle the load more than the V3 since they basically use the same GPin and negative post. Is it because there is more SS/AB material to absorb the heat?
    Exactly, more room for heat dissipation, especially the thickness and the material of the button, thin brass or aluminium bronze button versus thick 316 SS button. Additionally, the switch base of the X dissipates 4+ times more heat than the v3 switch base.
    Last edited by perseas; 07-09-2014 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mssam View Post
    Well, I'll give you some "out on your own" feed back. I didn't know the Gpin wasn't designed, nor is supported for sub ohming, but i do it on my v3 18500, .40-.50ohms with an aw imr 18490. I haven't experienced the button getting hot or warm at all, but the atty and top cap area can get extremely hot if i'm chain vaping or playing around with clouds. I did read that the recommended battery is an AW IMR, not a VTC, which is why it probably heats up like crazy under heavy load. Now, i do have an 18650 tube for the v3 and I just tried it with the aforementioned build and a vtc4 and it seemed fine over here. However, now that I know the pin cant handle that type of load, i'll lift up the resistance on my builds with the v3.
    The GPin can handle a load of 0,3 ohm with an AW battery and lower, as we found out during testing, but because we don't endorse sub ohming, the increased battery drain with the Sony VT4 or VTC5 is still unconfirmed. I'm using right now a Sony VTC5 in my X with a pretty low resistance (I don't recommend it - don't ask how low) and while the Heron becomes hot during chain vaping, the button remains conveniently warm. The GPin's spring thickness and shape is not accidental, it is a safety net for those who use subohm, we were obligated to do that, because they will do it anyway
    Last edited by perseas; 07-09-2014 at 05:43 PM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by nanodragon View Post
    Hi All,

I ran across an interesting issue the other night and would like some input. I have a Paps V3 (lux) as well as the 18650 SS tube and also recently acquired a TOBH Atty V2.5. My first build on the TOBh was around .5 and had it sitting on the Paps with a fully charged Sony VCT4 and once i start pulsing and pinching the coils the button would get hot. I checked for shorts on my ohm reader and nothing came up, tightened down my post screws... nothing.

I also have a Raiju RDA, mirrored the build and it works great on the paps. I then took the TOBH and used it with another mod (telescopic nickel plated copper positive pin) and it works like a charm..

Is it possible that this is an issue in the Gpin and the paps was not meant for sub ohming?

Any help is welcome and appreciated.
    I don't know if this is a factor, but the 510 center pin on the TOBH v2 really sticks out a bit and you have to really screw it in tight to a GPin-enabled top cap to get it to fit flush. Can you try to screw in your TOBH v2.5 so it just makes contact with the GPin and see if the button still gets hot? Perhaps tightening it all the way down overly compresses the spring or causes a short?
    Loop, tyleris12, anavidfan and 7 others like this.

The GPin can handle a load of 0,3 ohm with an AW battery and lower, as we found out during testing, but because we don't endorse sub ohming, the increased battery drain with the Sony VT4 or VTC5 is still unconfirmed. I'm using right now a Sony VTC5 in my X with a pretty low resistance (I don't recommend it - don't ask how low) and while the Heron becomes hot during chain vaping, the button remains conveniently warm. The GPin's spring thickness and shape is not accidental, it is a safety net for those who use subohm, we were obligated to do that, because they will do it anyway
    I really do appreciate your input Perseas. I would also like to apologize for bringing up a subject that has been talked about way too many times.
    Loop, VapinBill, tyleris12 and 5 others like this.

I really do appreciate your input Perseas. I would also like to apologize for bringing up a subject that has been talked about way too many times.
    You're very kind! No need to apologise, we love talking, you may receive at least 2-3 answers for the same question, sometimes different ones, add to the recipe, that we are a little OCD here, fast talkers and love the off topic discussions, vape or non vape related. We just don't discuss about clones out of respect for all the modders and these are all the rules.

ECF Veteran

Didn't mean to seem angry towards you. Sorry bout that. It's just been brought up so much lately lol.
    Loop, VapinBill, tyleris12 and 4 others like this.

z06 Beast Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You're very kind! No need to apologise, we love talking, you may receive at least 2-3 answers for the same question, sometimes different ones, add to the recipe, that we are a little OCD here, fast talkers and love the off topic discussions, vape or non vape related. We just don't discuss about clones out of respect for all the modders and these are all the rules.
    I love just having one rule!! GP rules!! Hope everyone is having a great day, I know I am!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Loop, VapinBill, tyleris12 and 7 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Yeah, nanodragon...join us.

Come on in...the water's fine..

Here....drink this Koolaid.....

<_______<
    Loop, VapinBill, tyleris12 and 9 others like this.
    Mods: GP Paps X, Slug, XXIX
    Atties: KFL+, Taifun GT, PlumeVeil, Hobo RDA

Sindoyen Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Having a great day here too. Finally got the rest of the cleaning vapemail from Amazon.... cleaned all the V3's, 2.1 and Picc this morning. All the LUX tubes are getting some nice patina except the X LUX that I took a Cape Cod cloth to and am starting over on the patina on. Been shopping for 22mm drippers since to trade off with the Herons sometimes. Only have 3 Herons going today, on all three of my X's (I just like the X switch more than the V3's).

GP PAPS SS V2.1, 18500 Edition SS V3, 18500 Edition LUX V3, LUX V3, TiX, SS X (2), LUX X, Piccolo V3.1, Heron (4), Spheroid V3, SnP 23mm.