Page 62 of 323 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree21220Likes

Thread: GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeIII View Post
    Nice! I work for BCBSA(Association) in downtown Chicago. We just have to follow the no smoking within 15ft from the door rule or off the buildings property.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mackoy 09 View Post
    Oh wow! I also work in BCBS here in Jersey, so far they havent implemented anything against ecigs YET. I quit smoking last Jan and vaped since then, I still go to my car to vape though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by VapinBill View Post
    Same here. BCBS of Michigan is my main customer and I can vape at my desk. Discreetly though.
    You guys wouldn't happen to be in IT? I am and work in the data integration space with a specific software suite... just kicking it around since it would make the annual conferences more interesting and there quite a few bcbs people in the Vegas area in May-ish/June-ish timeframe. :grin:
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by cliffy15 View Post
    You guys wouldn't happen to be in IT? I am and work in the data integration space with a specific software suite... just kicking it around since it would make the annual conferences more interesting and there quite a few bcbs people in the Vegas area in May-ish/June-ish timeframe. :grin:
    Seems to me, many of us here are/were IT. Hmm.. I wonder what that says?
    perseas, anavidfan, mssam and 2 others like this.
    Mods: Super-T:((4)ELA V1; (1)Simp(18350)-Ti; (1)Simp(18500)-Ti; (1)Simp(18650)-Ti; (1)Simp(26500)-SS; (1)Simp(26650)-SS) - GP PAPS:((2)X V1.5-SS; (1)X V1.5-Ti Edition #006)
    Atties:
    (2)KFL; (1) KFL+ V2; (1)Helios RDA; (3)S-T Strata RDA(ELA); (3)S-T Strata RDA(Simp)

I'll just leave this here ...

Ultra Member Verified Member StrikeIII's Avatar

Yes, I'm in IT but the only National conference I attend is the Blue National Summit which I was at almost 2 months ago.

VapinBill and Cucco like this.
    Done going back and forth to Analogs...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Yes, I'm in IT but the only National conference I attend is the Blue National Summit which I was at almost 2 months ago.

We are going through a huge Informatica migration from AIX to Linux. I have tons of shells scripts to update and installs to do. They have restricted me from traveling more than 50 miles from our office. LOL
    “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.” Eckhardt Tolle

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hi Bill !!!!!

I really admire all you above average computer techs. I know enough to do some minor things on Desktops, even rebuilt a few of them with my boyfriend. When it comes to laptops other than swapping out hardrives or adding memory Im very shy.

I have a well loved Alienware laptop that has a problem with one of the graphic cards that is either bad or the SLI cable is loose and it wont boot. It sits in a corner of my room , neglected. I just have not had the money to really have it looked at. Im scared to crack it open and take a look.
    VapinBill, perseas and Cucco like this.
    "me, I'm on the side of the Angels............ but the Devil is my best friend"

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cucco View Post
    Seems to me, many of us here are/were IT. Hmm.. I wonder what that says?
    IT people are inclined to use web forums extensively?

Aaaah... I'm still a lowly tech so I don't go to summits just conferences my particular specialty - and have hard time getting those...

Quote Originally Posted by VapinBill View Post
    We are going through a huge Informatica migration from AIX to Linux. I have tons of shells scripts to update and installs to do. They have restricted me from traveling more than 50 miles from our office. LOL
    That's the one I'm thinking of... we have a small AIX installation and now one on a Windows platform... PWX noob here.
    Last edited by cliffy15; 07-03-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Cucco likes this.
    I promise to be nicer if you promise to be smarter.

Ultra Member Verified Member StrikeIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anavidfan View Post
    Hi Bill !!!!!

I really admire all you above average computer techs. I know enough to do some minor things on Desktops, even rebuilt a few of them with my boyfriend. When it comes to laptops other than swapping out hardrives or adding memory Im very shy.

I have a well loved Alienware laptop that has a problem with one of the graphic cards that is either bad or the SLI cable is loose and it wont boot. It sits in a corner of my room , neglected. I just have not had the money to really have it looked at. Im scared to crack it open and take a look.
    Don't be scared. Just crack that bad boy open. Lol. Make sure you have a container for all those screws.

Done going back and forth to Analogs...

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by anavidfan View Post
    Hi Bill !!!!!

Hi, Anavidfan. If you had another graphics card to swap out and test, that would be a good place to start. I am quite squeamish when it comes to laptops, also. Other than swapping out disk drives, I have very little hardware experience.
    So glad to start the 4th of July weekend. Currently vaping HHV Just Peachy through one of the Herons this evening. Nice weather out on the patio. I hope everyone is having a good time.
    “Realize deeply that the present moment is all you will ever have.” Eckhardt Tolle

Most times, they solder the graphics cards onto the MB on purpose so it can't be serviced, and you have to replace the whole unit. Apple is the worst about stuff like this, but most laptop vendors do the same thing.

Oh, and I'm in IT also. Mostly work on OS/390 mainframes. TSO, VSAM, CICS, COBOL, JCL, JobTrac, QMF, SPUFI, we got it all.

Yeah, kicking it old school.
    Last edited by Todai; 07-03-2014 at 09:35 PM.