Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why does juice change colors in tank?

Super Member ECF Veteran tippyclubb's Avatar

Default Why does juice change colors in tank?

When I put the juice in its almost clear but after using the tank for a few hours it changes to a medium brown color. Does anyone know why this happens? I think its odd and concerns me.

Quote Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
    When I put the juice in its almost clear but after using the tank for a few hours it changes to a medium brown color. Does anyone know why this happens? I think its odd and concerns me.
    since excess juice from the carto goes back into the tank do to gravity its simplys getting discolored from the carto burning the juice

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

How much juice do you put into the carto when you're filling it up? Because the carto does need to be filled as well as the tank... and if the carto got burned, it's possible that the color is translating to the juice. However, heating up a juice does tend to bring out a little more of the color, although I have never seen one go from almost clear to medium brown -- that seems a bit extreme.

I'm vaping burnt juice, wow. It sure does taste good but this is another reason I will be giving up vaping soon. Theres just not enough information on the side effects of vaping or long term damage, if any. Who knows, but I'm not willing to risk it much longer.

Vaping has served its purpose and got me off the analogs and I have weened myself down to 6mg of nicotine. I will vape for a few more months and get myself down to 0 nicotine and then quit.

Burnt juice, well that explains the small brown particles I see in the clear drip tip.
    codem0v and Karn like this.

[QUOTE=Ladypixel;5664171]How much juice do you put into the carto when you're filling it up? Because the carto does need to be filled as well as the tank... and if the carto got burned, it's possible that the color is translating to the juice. However, heating up a juice does tend to bring out a little more of the color, although I have never seen one go from almost clear to medium brown -- that seems a bit extreme.[/QUOTe

I put 40 drops into the carto

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

What kind of carto?

I use Boge cartos in a J-Tank and I've never seen juice change color even slightly. I load up a tank with AVE Hype or Boba's Bounty or Halo Tribeca on a regular basis. Tribeca is basically yellow, and stays that color. Hype is orange-yellow, and stays that color. Boba's is medium brown, and stays that way.

Is it a clearo of some kind? I could see if the atty is literally *in* the tank, the juice might change color.

Resting In Peace

what juice is it?

My invoice reads 1.5ohm DCT cartomizers, no brand name like Boge or Smoketech and its Pirates Bounty juice from Mister-E-Liquid, which I love to vape.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tippyclubb View Post
    My invoice reads 1.5ohm DCT cartomizers, no brand name like Boge or Smoketech and its Pirates Bounty juice from Mister-E-Liquid, which I love to vape.
    Those are Smoktech. They should be pre-drilled for tanks (thus the 'T' in the name -- Dual-Coil-Tank).

Something is amiss if you're getting bits floating in the tank and the juice is changing color that radically. I'm not familiar with Mister-E-Liquid, but reading their site it seems they take pride in their ingredients and mix in the US, so I'm doubting there's anything funky with their juice. Have you tried contacting them, just on the off-chance they've heard of this before? There's considerable heat applied to juice in a tank, and maybe it's affecting some component of the juice causing it to darken.

Thanks Frick I will give the vendor a call.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast