Like Tree408Likes

Thread: Itaste svd vs Provari 2.5

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bfrie View Post
    why is that?
    I think i want a Provari now
    DPLongo22 likes this.
    Madz Modz Nzonic III, StingrayX, GLV Super Mini, Sidewinder, eVic, SID, iTaste, SVD, MVP V2.0, Natural,Telescope, Sentinel, Revolution, Chi You, Nemesis, VMod, Cana Modz DNA30, V3 Flip, Eleaf IStick, eGrip.

Super Member Verified Member

I suspect, as with most things in life, that the people who spend 5-10x as much on something that does the same thing, never feel that their purchase was a bad choice.

I've had a Vamo v2 for about 1/4 of a year, still going strong. If it blew up today, I could buy another one ... and another... etc. If they only lasted 1/4 of a year that negates the 2 year warranty aspect. I suspect they last longer than a 1/4 of a year, though. I've seen the Oscilloscope output of both and agree that the ProVari has a better output design, but the output of both are heating a coil that doesn't cool off instantly at the bottom of a Pulse, so I can't see the effective difference there being huge.

There are already a billion "is the ProVari worth it" threads on these forums. You can check out all the arguments there, but be prepared for a lot of ProVari fans defending their purchase choice with an almost religious fervor.

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DaxFX View Post
    Are you sure? Try to fire a LR carto or coil with high voltage.. Not even 2.2ohm can be fire on high voltage

BTW have you seen the SVD in their longer setup chicks will flock to that, 12 solid inches with a protank LOL

Sent from my iVap using Tapatalk HD
    Its the only way you will ever get close.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    Yadda, yadda - the devices are designed to appeal to guys who think they will attract women.

Presenting the eVic
    This is hilarious
    "He wants an expensive device that appears so complex, lesser men will PM him just to learn how to turn it on. John wants to be the Leader, the Alpha, the Victor… "

Great writing Ocelot lol

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    Yadda, yadda - the devices are designed to appeal to guys who think they will attract women.

Presenting the eVic
    Why you gotta be hatin' on the eVic, Ocelot? I don't make fun of your Vamo. Even the Earl of Eviction concedes the ProVari is superior. Tsk-Tsk-Tsk, little predator.
    The Ocelot and skyztheLynnit like this.

---Jaime Lannister

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skyztheLynnit View Post
    This is hilarious
    "He wants an expensive device that appears so complex, lesser men will PM him just to learn how to turn it on. John wants to be the Leader, the Alpha, the Victor… "

Great writing Ocelot lol
    She is funny, and a gifted writer. I just don't know why the eVic is the target of her barbs.

It is pretty darn funny, though.
    The Ocelot likes this.

---Jaime Lannister

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

San Antonio TX Travel the country for work

Quote Originally Posted by soba1 View Post
    Ok here is one more and I think I am done.
    What is the diff between the mini V2 and the mini V2.5?

Also after reading the specs on the v2.5 I am guessing that the v2.5 may self adjust the watts according to the resistance
    of the of the heads on the clearomizer you are using?
    Would that be a fair guess?

Thanks everyone
    You are referring to a device that has VW Provari is strictly VV IMO VW turned out to be hype you still have to adjust VW mods when you change resistance with your accessory of choice. Its all DC power to the coil no matter how you go about it. A Provari uses a better chip set than the cheapo Chinese mods.

There is no argument witch one works better or has a better track record. Its up to each individual to decide weather its worth the money to them or not. I say but both and 50 more of everything!
    Last edited by buzzzlove; 07-11-2013 at 12:16 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    I suspect, as with most things in life, that the people who spend 5-10x as much on something that does the same thing, never feel that their purchase was a bad choice.

I've had a Vamo v2 for about 1/4 of a year, still going strong. If it blew up today, I could buy another one ... and another... etc. If they only lasted 1/4 of a year that negates the 2 year warranty aspect. I suspect they last longer than a 1/4 of a year, though. I've seen the Oscilloscope output of both and agree that the ProVari has a better output design, but the output of both are heating a coil that doesn't cool off instantly at the bottom of a Pulse, so I can't see the effective difference there being huge.

There are already a billion "is the ProVari worth it" threads on these forums. You can check out all the arguments there, but be prepared for a lot of ProVari fans defending their purchase choice with an almost religious fervor.
    We will be watching you.

-The ProVarinati

Lumen Sees Totus
    The Ocelot and Tanks like this.

---Jaime Lannister

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by bfrie View Post
    i would like to point something out

a few months ago, everyone was saying dont buy the provari, get a lavatube
    then, dont buy a provari, get a zmax
    more recently, dont buy the provari, get a vamo
    now, dont get a provari, buy an svd

through all of this the provari kept the same strength in their fanbase. all of the other devices began having troubles a few months down the road.

also, im not talking through "expertise" on this, it is legitimate first hand experience. working at a vape shop, i see tons of people coming back 4-6 months down the line with vamo, zmax, and other mods having issues. we dont even carry the lambo or lavatube anymore because of how problematic those were. no one has ever came in with a broken provari.

im not knocking the vamo or any other device. they are great for what they are. i personally will never buy one because i cant stand the feel of their pwm.

is the provari better than the vamo and other such device? that is undeniable, yes. is it worth double the price of every other device? that much is up to you
    When I started vaping about 3 years ago I went through so many junk devices and wasted so much money it's really not even funny!

In the e-cig world it's a common road traveled by many.

I learned the hard way with my wallet.

My suggestion?

Buy a top quality device from a known company with a solid reputation!

I have the ProVari Mini and I love it! It's a well made and high end device plain and simple! It's backed by a company that offers top notch customer service.

Having went down my long and hard road to get where I am today, I simply will not buy inferior devices any more.

Do yourself a favor and skip the junk / cheap devices. Get the ProVari, vape headache free and save a ton of cash along the way that would have otherwise been spent learning to avoid the junk of the e cig world..

My .02
    Baditude and Minus-1 like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by EddardinWinter View Post
    She is funny, and a gifted writer. I just don't know why the eVic is the target of her barbs.

It is pretty darn funny, though.

How big is your eVic Eddard?

Does it just come in one size?

You could mock the Bobo... *running away before Ocey sees*
    DPLongo22 and The Ocelot like this.
    I like you. OWN IT.
    Protect your right to vape. Please join CASAA.