Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Higher Capacity 18650 Battery?

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Higher Capacity 18650 Battery?

I just recently purchased an SID VV mod, usually i vape at 6v with a 1.5Ω dripping atty and i am running my batteries down really fast, as far as i know you can't use protected Li-ion batteries and must use IMR's, correct me if i am wrong. Unfortunately i haven't found an IMR battery with a capacity above 2250mAH, which is a measly 250mAH above what i am already using, does anybody know of anything with higher capacity?
    Volt X2 1600mah, Started vaping Jan. of 2012, went back to analogs in Aug. '12 and now i'm back to vaping again.....hopefully for good this time.

Super Member ECF Veteran D. Waterhouse's Avatar

Panasonic High Drain NCR18650PD Hybrid 2900mAh Button Top, 10 amp limit, more tham enough for VV, love 'em.
    Rickajho and DPLongo22 like this.
    The SID & ARO, BoxMods w/ 2ohm singles, IGO S w/ Sigelei 24 & Mt. Baker Vapor juice :)

Just got my brand new SID in vapemail yesterday ... using the Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) and Authentic Samsung ICR18650-26F 18650 3.7V 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium Batteries (2-Pack) (same battery that ships with EVIC kits). BTW - I am loving my SID!
    DPLongo22 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Vapingzone has them too been using them for about a month... a great battery went from 12 hours to 17 hours battery life

Panasonic NCR 18650PD-2900mAh 3.7V high-drain LiMn battery-Flat Top - E Cig : Best Ejuice | Joye eGo & eGo-T | Cartomizers | E-Liquid | Electronic Cigarettes
    DPLongo22 and altobe like this.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran degnr8's Avatar

So, are the NCRs the hybrids I keep hearing about? are they as safe as IMRs?
    Vini, Vidi,Vape

Senior Member Verified Member

anyone try a batteries+ store?

Super Member ECF Veteran Gr8Scott's Avatar
    In that space just before you're about to say something politically incorrect.

Yeah, Fasttech is the place to shop. RTD and Vapingzone are just asking too much.

Vapingzone trying to get 14 bucks per battery and when they have a "big sale" they make it only valid with a $25 dollar minimum (which is why I stopped doing biz there) it's just classless IMO.

Then RTD,w ho I have no knowledge of, yet trying to get 14 bucks per battery is enough to turn me off of them too.

Craziness.

Why not just not screw around and go to Fasttech and get 3400mAh Pannys. According to the discussions they fit the SID just fine

A little over 14 smackers for two 3400mAh batteries. Postpaid! What a deal

Panasonic's stable chemistry is widely known and the company's been around for a very long time.

I've got a SID (which I love BTW,things are remarkably durable despite the Jetson's finish) so I know what you mean about clearance !
    Last edited by Gr8Scott; 09-05-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran damthisisfun's Avatar

1.5ohm at 6 volts - wow - that to me seems very high voltage......also not sure if you should get the ICRs - i have been advised those are not the "safest" for VV VWs......

ENDS - Electronic Nicotine Delivery System. Vape on.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by damthisisfun View Post
    1.5ohm at 6 volts - wow - that to me seems very high voltage......also not sure if you should get the ICRs - i have been advised those are not the "safest" for VV VWs......

still only 4amps/24watts but being in a regulated mod I would not trust a low drain battery, better to be safe and use a 10 amp high drain. just not worth the risk as the conversion circuit will draw even more power to make the 6V and the ICR is only rated at 5.4 amps.

I am a big fan of the 2900's i get almost 3 days in a provari.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yepimonfire View Post
    usually i vape at 6v with a 1.5Ω dripping atty and i am running my batteries down really fast.

Nothing more to add.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast