protovapor xpv
Page 1 of 202 123451151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree1426Likes

Thread: protovapor xpv

Default protovapor xpv

Hi, was wondering if any one has any experience with the protovapor xpv? looking for a new mod and like the looks of this one. wondering if any one has any experience with this one or the company. I know the mod is fairly new on the market.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Well, I have two in the mail. The price was reasonable compared to other DNA 20 devices out there.....and I saved some money buying both sizes as a pair. I think performance wise, it will be the same as any other device of the same chip. Build quality I will let you know when I get them. The parts they spec on the site seem to be of decent quality...but I don't have them in hand yet.

I will post a review after using them for a couple weeks.

Frazz

Thanks Frazz, was also looking at getting two. like the price but the specs of the hardware seems good. look forward to seeing your thoughts on their build quality

doc

Quote Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    Well, I have two in the mail. The price was reasonable compared to other DNA 20 devices out there.....and I saved some money buying both sizes as a pair. I think performance wise, it will be the same as any other device of the same chip. Build quality I will let you know when I get them. The parts they spec on the site seem to be of decent quality...but I don't have them in hand yet.

I will post a review after using them for a couple weeks.

Frazz

I will be looking in on your review. Looks like a great mod but what worries me is the thing is anodized aluminum. As I understand it anodizing wrecks conductivity. I am wondering if they did a workaround with wire or did not use the case as part of the circuit.
    Last edited by Obi Wan Vapori; 10-13-2013 at 08:38 PM.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Vapori View Post
    I will be looking in on your review. Looks like a great mod but what worries me is the thing is anodized aluminum. As I understand it anodizing wrecks conductivity. I am wondering if they did a workaround with wire or did not use the case as part of the circuit.
    A pre-finish machined, rectangular, extruded tube can be anodized on the exterior while leaving the interior untouched. It can be done with dedicated sealing system racking, it can be done with plugs, wax and even, simply, just tape... so it could be either of the two conductivity schemes you've posed as possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    A pre-finish machined, rectangular, extruded tube can be anodized on the exterior while leaving the interior untouched. It can be done with dedicated sealing system racking, it can be done with plugs, wax and even, simply, just tape... so it could be either of the two conductivity schemes you've posed as possibilities.
    True

I imagine they could just machine off the anodizing where the connections are. That's the thing... did they work around the issue?
    State O' Flux likes this.

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Obi Wan Vapori View Post
    True

I imagine they could just machine off the anodizing where the connections are. That's the thing... did they work around the issue?
    I guess we'll have an answer (perhaps) when Mr. frazz puts up a review... if it's possible for him to go into the device that is.

I suppose one could e-mail or call, and just ask.

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    I guess we'll have an answer (perhaps) when Mr. frazz puts up a review... if it's possible for him to go into the device that is.

I suppose one could e-mail or call, and just ask.
    Good point. I just did. Lets see what they say.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I will send an email and see what they say...prolly not gonna rip apart my device

Quote Originally Posted by frazz View Post
    I will send an email and see what they say...prolly not gonna rip apart my device
    I already sent them one.

If they give a good answer and you like yours I am going to pick up one.

Page 1 of 202 123451151101 ... LastLast