Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Mvp2

Ultra Member ECF Veteran StarsAndBars's Avatar

This pisses me off! I understand that shops have rent to pay and all, but $99 is plain head busting. Wouldn't give them the satisfaction.

Does this shop have a website? If so what are they selling it for online?

Ludicrous Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

The thing is, they will make a profit if they sell at msrp. But they are just getting plain greedy to sell near double msrp. A local b&m I visited just today wanted $45 for a protank 2!! Ibsay the same thing... You can get it for less than half of that online. He then accuses all online dealers if selling fakes.

Full Member ECF Veteran Trashcore's Avatar

Pmed a link.

Quote Originally Posted by eda123 View Post
    The thing is, they will make a profit if they sell at msrp. But they are just getting plain greedy to sell near double msrp. A local b&m I visited just today wanted $45 for a protank 2!! Ibsay the same thing... You can get it for less than half of that online. He then accuses all online dealers if selling fakes.
    I've been sold more clones/fakes in a total of 5ish trips to two specific B&M stores in my area than I have in 3 years worth of online vendor orders.

I live in Hawaii and things are often WAY marked up. But the local places here had the MVP 2 for $70 - $75. I went the 101 route people mentioned as times are very tight. Hope you can get it someplace for a more decent price.
    HawaiiVPR likes this.

Super Member Verified Member mgavilondo's Avatar

Don't get it but 101 Vapes has it for $39..with the iClear 30.... Why anyone is buying it for 2x as much at other sites or B&Ms is beyond me especially since their shipping is so fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Super Member Verified Member HawaiiVPR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rav_Bunneh View Post
    I live in Hawaii and things are often WAY marked up. But the local places here had the MVP 2 for $70 - $75. I went the 101 route people mentioned as times are very tight. Hope you can get it someplace for a more decent price.
    There is a small store called VaporTokers on Nuuanu next to Sala Thai if you haven't been there yet. Prices for parts/accessories as well as some of the mechanicals are pretty competitive with online shipped prices to Hawaii. (Protank2's are 20USD, most of the ego batteries are about 20USD, and they have their own branded clearos, various replacement coils/carts and RBA's at pretty decent prices too) Aloha!

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by GetVaked View Post
    Most local shops have to pay rent. This is why they need to mark up prices.

Online vendors can sell cheap, as they don't need to more often than not.

Ill support local shops by buying juice, that's about it haha.
    Ya, I tried...like, there isn't really a replacement for going into a shop and being able to try out 20-30 juices while you're there. If they're gonna have this nice storefront for me to sample juices, least I can do is throw em some cash for some juice (even if it IS pricey).

I picked up mine at my local shop. Sells it for 69.99, but I had a 15% referral discount that knocked it down a bit. I know I could get it cheaper online, but they offer decent prices compared to what I have heard from some people on the forum, and they have provided great service and information to me since I started vaping. So I give them my business when I can.

I wouldn't pay more than that at a store, though. Especially if they start throwing around the "fake" accusations when they get called out.

Thanks for all input! In the end I decided against an MVP, not wanting another disposable even though it was really cool. I just went with a vv/vw mod that is simple and stress free...hopefully a decent one (a SID). So far so good, but kept ky K101 for dripping. Someday I will find my one and only go to vape.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast