Button on MVP 1 fell off. Any recommendations on how to put it back on?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Capt.shay

Thread: Button on MVP 1 fell off. Any recommendations on how to put it back on?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Question Button on MVP 1 fell off. Any recommendations on how to put it back on?

Yesterday, the fire button on my MVP 1 fell off. I tried popping it back on, but it didn't work. I read a post about gluing it not being a good idea, as it didn't fire after the glue dried. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? I have an MVP 2, already, and a Vamo V2 on the way (from FT, though), but I like being able to use my MPV 1 while my MVP 2 is charging. I've found that I can't use it as a pass-thru while it's charging, as I had hoped. Thanks in advance!

Added: I just tried some poster putty and it worked, but I don't know for how long. So any permanent ideas would still be appreciated.
    Last edited by Amethyst_Star; 11-04-2013 at 08:11 AM. Reason: added additional content
    "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyst_Star View Post
    Yesterday, the fire button on my MVP 1 fell off. I tried popping it back on, but it didn't work. I read a post about gluing it not being a good idea, as it didn't fire after the glue dried. Has anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you fix it? I have an MVP 2, already, and a Vamo V2 on the way (from FT, though), but I like being able to use my MPV 1 while my MVP 2 is charging. I've found that I can't use it as a pass-thru while it's charging, as I had hoped. Thanks in advance!

Added: I just tried some poster putty and it worked, but I don't know for how long. So any permanent ideas would still be appreciated.
    I super glued mine back on. The problem is that I lost ALL tactile feel on the button and it didn't have a lot to begin with Ultimately, my solution was a V2 If I was to do it again, I would put a piece of packing tape over the button to hold it in place and cover the whole mod with a wrap.

BTW: You'll get a lot better responses for MVP question out of the MVP owners group thread. Lots of MVP'ers there.
    Amethyst_Star likes this.
    Innokin Army Banner-innokin-army.jpg
    Embrace Your Inner Squareness

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks! The poster putty is still working, at least! I have plenty of it if I need to replace it...LOL! I have a MVP 2 and tomorrow should have a Vamo V2. Just nice to have different APV's to use...LOL!
    "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six." - Yogi Berra