The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    you are correct lol it becomes even more insignificant when you realize this isnt even an AC signal
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Any pulsed dc voltage creates an AC component. What do you think 33hz means?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Friscoweather View Post
    Sorry, but you are wrong. Any pulsed dc voltage creates an AC component. What do you think 33hz means?

Sorry Frisco, but you are wrong.

In Pulsed DC is current in a single direction only.

In AC current flow actually reverses in the circuit.

Pulsed current would be if If I simply fired my button on my atomizer multiple times a second. (on...off...on...off...on...off)

AC would be as if I took my battery and reversed it multiple times a second. +/-... -/+...+/-...-/+...+/-...-/+

A hertz is a simply a cycle per second, a cycle can mean pulse DC or AC.

33 hertz for a pulsed DC signal means that the circuit goes from on to off to on again 33 times a second
    33 hertz for an AC signal means that the current goes in one direction, reverses direction, then reverses to it's original direction again 33 times a second.

I can put safely put a 1 Farad capacitor on a pulsed DC load. However if I put a 1 Farad capacitor on an AC load I'd better take cover.
    jj1257 and SoberSnyper like this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

You are still going to have a collapsing magnetic field being induced into the coil. The voltage changing polarity doesn't really matter.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

...none of which matters. The reactance is on the order of micro-Ohms.
    Dampmaskin likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoodNews! View Post
    at my local vaping shop, all of the cheapo CE4's taste fantastic, solid, and smooth, even at higher voltages, while I've tried the exact same CE4's they have, using the same exact techniques I did for their devices, and get a horrible vape.

Then I remembered - for their CE4 samples, they USE A HIGHER END MOD THAT MAY HAVE A BETTER PULSE RATE!!!!!!
    Me...I'd go back to that same "local vaping shop"...buy the "HIGHER END MOD THAT MAY HAVE A BETTER PULSE RATE"...and I'd then be done with all my hassles!!??!!
    tomzgreat likes this.

Super Member DavidAmonettNashville's Avatar

The E-Vic fires at 104.9 Khz so it should be on the list of non-rattling devices....
    Go4iT likes this.
    Soup is NOT a meal Vera!

Quote Originally Posted by DavidAmonettNashville View Post
    The E-Vic fires at 104.9 Khz so it should be on the list of non-rattling devices....
    Love my eVic, no rattles at all. A little on the delicate side, though. Still love the Provari, especially the new Gold Mini...
    "Freedom ain't Free..."

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Friscoweather:11689722
    You are still going to have a collapsing magnetic field being induced into the coil. The voltage changing polarity doesn't really matter.

I understand what you're getting at.. if you weren't arguing that RMS-DC was AC, I'd agree with you... but are you saying an electromagnetic field isn't different between AC and DC?..

And it'd probably be best not to start an argument with "sorry, but you're wrong," especially when you're wrong.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sorry....but you are all wrong... (Just joking). But seriously, electromagnetic fields and inductance in the coil is not what makes the difference. It's heat.

Heat generated at the coil. Joules. That's what cooks juice. There's another post here that I think lays it out pretty point blank. It explains why higher frequency devices taste "smoother" and it also explains why this effect is more pronounced in stacked battery configs on 33hz chipsets due to the higher amplitude PWM signal.

Also keep in mind, while the ProVari does have 800hz PWM, it is also filtered BEFORE it hits the coil, this is why it does not show up on a scope and why you can put a DC volt meter on it and get a reading. The same holds true for an MVP2 or VV3 (frequency may be different, but it too is filtered to straight DC). A 33hz device is non-filtered, which is why you get no reading on a DC volt meter.

Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Super Member Verified Member Dampmaskin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A coil does not discriminate between DC and pulsed AC. It does not care what the minimum voltage and the maximum voltage is, or what side of "zero" they are. (Remember, ground is relative.)

What the coil cares about, is the difference between max and min voltage, and the frequency. (And probably the waveform to some degree.)

Still, unless someone can make a convincing argument that the inductance of an atomizer coil is of any significant magnitude, the point is moot.
    Steam Engine - calculators for wrapping coils, checking battery drain, and mixing e-juice.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast