The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

When I hear people talk about "rattlesnaking" I think of the huge flavor that comes from those big pops.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Yep, the rattlesnake effect is nothing like the snap, crackle and pop of juice in an atomizing device. The 33hz chip APVs will do that too. Snap, crackle and pop is not only heard by the vaper but felt in the mouth, too.
    Sigelei Zmax V3 and V5. 22mm XL IBTanked. Smok single coil unpunched, no-flange 2.0Ω XL cartos. Unflavored DIY 95/5 VG/H2O 12mg nicotine with Xtreme Vaping nicotine base. Vaping since 11/19/2011. 35-year cigarette habit ended 4/22/2012.

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

This is a bunch of bull.You are telling me my vamo does not vape good because it's not a provari?. All i can say is that i can't tell the difference from my vamo and unregulated mods one bit and a lot of people on this forum agree.

Real men vape rattlesnakes. Smooth vaping is for sissies.
    Elwin, tomzgreat, BackDoc and 17 others like this.
    People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason why the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used.

PV Master* ECF Veteran Rocketpunk's Avatar

Oh, jeez. Not this again...
    FIRE THE LASER BEAM!

Member of the CFFC Cholos. Carto tanks Forever Forever Carto tanks. Hola vato!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jimbill View Post
    This is a bunch of bull.You are telling me my vamo does not vape good because it's not a provari?. All i can say is that i can't tell the difference from my vamo and unregulated mods one bit and a lot of people on this forum agree.
    I sure don't. I can tell if a Vamo V2 is in PWM mode or RMS mode just by the sensations in the vape. I don't have to look at the display to know what mode it's running in.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketpunk View Post
    Oh, jeez. Not this again...
    Yep...this again.

For those that didnt catch Round 1 (or was it round 6, or 15, or 20?)
    Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

My ...There is merit to both sides and it all depends on the setup that you are using. I left a very detailed post in the first thread on how the pulsed output might affect the taste.
    | Brass M16 Clone | #8 | OKR-T/6 | Trident Clone | IGO-L |
    "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Just for the sake of clarity...there is a HUGE different between the terms PWM and a Pulsed Output. PWM is a function of the regulator; a method of controlling voltage. A pulsed output is just that; On-Off-On-Off-On-Off.

ALL modern VV and VW devices use PWM as a means to give us variable voltage/wattage, but not all of them have a pulsed output.
    | Brass M16 Clone | #8 | OKR-T/6 | Trident Clone | IGO-L |
    "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

Quote Originally Posted by Rickajho View Post
    I sure don't. I can tell if a Vamo V2 is in PWM mode or RMS mode just by the sensations in the vape. I don't have to look at the display to know what mode it's running in.
    LOL. The only difference between PWM and RMS is how the voltage setting is mapped to the duty cycle. For any given RMS setting, there's a PWM setting which produces the same output. You're noticing a difference in the actual power, not the mode. RMS mode is more like VW (but it doesn't consider the resistance of the coil, like VW), it's logarithmic rather than linear.
    MD_Boater likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader2146 View Post
    ]ALL modern VV and VW devices use PWM as a means to give us variable voltage/wattage, but not all of them have a pulsed output.
    That's misleading. Although most boost/buck converters use PWM input for regulation, the output of the main stage is a modified triangle wave, not a PWM square wave as is being discussed. There's also an output capacitor which makes the method used by the control loop insignificant to the output, so why even bring it up?
    bkVolcom likes this.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast