The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rader2146 View Post
    Just for the sake of clarity...there is a HUGE different between the terms PWM and a Pulsed Output. PWM is a function of the regulator; a method of controlling voltage. A pulsed output is just that; On-Off-On-Off-On-Off.

ALL modern VV and VW devices use PWM as a means to give us variable voltage/wattage, but not all of them have a pulsed output.
    Radar nice to see you again.
    You forgot to mention that while they are all using the PWM . some have filters that even out the voltage which is why the line is flat.
    Last edited by tomzgreat; 11-08-2013 at 04:04 AM.
    Baditude and Fulgurant like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimbill View Post
    This is a bunch of bull.You are telling me my vamo does not vape good because it's not a provari?. All i can say is that i can't tell the difference from my vamo and unregulated mods one bit and a lot of people on this forum agree.
    Hi Jimbill could you look at my post, I didn't say necessarily that the Vamos Vape is inferior to a Provari, I said it's different. Taste is subjective, some will prefer the rattlesnake and some not.

The purpose was to point out that the PWM Mods without good filters, scientifically are different then the ones with filters.

It's the preference of the user, which is better, or if it can even be detected. But it's inarguable that the devices are not the same.
    Baditude and gerrymi like this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S View Post
    That's misleading. Although most boost/buck converters use PWM input for regulation, the output of the main stage is a modified triangle wave, not a PWM square wave as is being discussed. There's also an output capacitor which makes the method used by the control loop insignificant to the output, so why even bring it up?
    You could call it a matter of semantics. There were references to "PWM mode" and that some mods were "not using PWM". Those statements on their own are misleading as all stated devices use PWM in some fashion. Whether the mod has a square wave output or a low ripple DC output will depend on the fashion in which PWM is used.
    tomzgreat likes this.
    | Brass M16 Clone | #8 | OKR-T/6 | Trident Clone | IGO-L |
    "The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."

ECF Veteran

Innokin may seem like a cheapo, but they make a quality product in the MVP 2, and VV-3. Yes they are throw away mods, but they are built like a long lasting mod sold for much more.

Proudly Made in the USA

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rader2146 View Post
    You could call it a matter of semantics. There were references to "PWM mode" and that some mods were "not using PWM". Those statements on their own are misleading as all stated devices use PWM in some fashion. Whether the mod has a square wave output or a low ripple DC output will depend on the fashion in which PWM is used.
    Might as call all devices "digital," because they have a binary on/off switch.
    bkVolcom likes this.

Blog Entries

Most of the regulated mods fire at 33.3 hz. Some people can't hear this effect, some can. Just because YOU can't doesn't mean others can't too.

The Provari uses 800 hz as its cycle, and reportedly uses higher quality filters. Provari owners often remark about how the Provari's vape is "smoother". I have noticed this myself when compared to my other regulated mods. When I received my MVP, I was intrigued by its smoother vape, too. It wasn't until just recently that I have learned that it has a similar PWM as the Provari. Now it makes sense.

Again, not everyone will notice the difference, but many can. Don't judge those who say they can tell the difference.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Provari owners often remark about how the Provari's vape is "smoother".
    There's a name for that.

Thank you for this open discussion. I have been using ego c twist & I have been vaping for 6 months yet not liking flavors. I still smoke my hand rolled cigs to. I have been trying to figure out what APV to buy.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I can definitely notice the rattlesnake effect on the Vamo versus the Provari. It doesn't bother me too much, but I prefer the higher PWM. What's the cycle rate of the MVP? Maybe someone said earlier and I missed it.

What about the SVD? I've been pondering getting one of those. Since I got the MVP, I may not get one, but I'm still curious.
    Ronald3638 and Go4iT like this.

If you are in the Cincinnati area, check out Tri-State Vapers on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/558079797581550/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mike.S View Post
    There's a name for that.
    Typical hater response. There's one in every thread when a Provari is mentioned.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast