Vaporshark DNA - Page 11
Page 11 of 122 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree895Likes

Thread: Vaporshark DNA

Chas the Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellowrider View Post
    New vaporshark 20 owner here and have a question..
    My ohm reader only reads .9ohms on everything..Currently running pt2 with stock 2.2 head and shows .9ohms when fired and released. Does not matter what I attach for atomizer. Anyone have similar issue?
    Does my unit need a hard reset? Everything is soldered so I would have to disconnect ground and reattach?
    Just trying to avoid sending it in.
    It is my understanding that if you fully drain the battery fully to the point where it will no longer fire... the DNA 20 board will do a reset and the Ω readings will return to normal... It's a DNA 20 thing but does seem to happen a bit more often with the vaporshark than with say... a ProtoVapor XPV, perhaps this is just my perception and there may be more of the vaporsharks around so perhaps it isn't a fair assessment. But that should fix you up...

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

My experience is that draining the battery to the point where it will no longer fire is not enough. You have to go further than that; to the point where the DNA shuts itself down, so that it will re-boot when you re-charge.
    cecsystems and yellowrider like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    My experience is that draining the battery to the point where it will no longer fire is not enough. You have to go further than that; to the point where the DNA shuts itself down, so that it will re-boot when you re-charge.
    That's actually correct. Just keep pushing that button after it stops firing. I've had to do a couple of times, with an internal battery mod, and it works like a charm (Thank you, Mamu, for the advice).
    cecsystems and XBarbarian like this.

EPM v1 /v2, Billet Box v3/v3.a, Provari v2/Ti, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Thanks everyone for the responses.. I will try to fully drain her today. I will report back with the details.
    XBarbarian likes this.
    Bigger the battery, sweeter the juice..

ECF Veteran

OK. I was able to reset the device by fully draining battery. I drained it until the display shut off. Threw it on the charger and shes good to go!! Thanks everyone!!!
    I noticed some major wiggle/slop in the 510 connection that made this device feel kinda incomplete.. I used the spare o rings that come with the protank2's in between atty and 510 connection and now she feels solid. The PT2 spare orings is the same diameter as the 510 connection so it works well. Easier to put on if you put it on the atty first and slide it up all the way. Honestly this is a good practice on any atty and mod so you dont end up over tightening the 510 connection while still getting it pretty snug and does not leave a huge gap as these collapse very well.

Last edited by yellowrider; 02-14-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    DPLongo22 and XBarbarian like this.
    Bigger the battery, sweeter the juice..

im waiting for my VS DNA30 now, are there any similar sized batteries with higher mah rating that could be used? im good with solder and such so if i could attach contacts and have interchangeable batts that would be great! thanks in advance

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by riddancex8 View Post
    are there any similar sized batteries with higher mah rating that could be used?
    I don't think so. At 15x58 mm, it looks to be a pretty unusual sized battery.

I wouldn't sweat the capacity. Remember, you can use it while charging, and you can charge it pretty much anywhere.
    riddancex8 likes this.

ECF Veteran

Rossum, did you or anyone else for that matter ever figure out a way to stabilize the wiggly 510 connection from the inside? I've had mine apart numerous times and I can see what needs to be done, I'm just lazy and waiting for someone else to try something first.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

If it wiggles, that's a sign that your topper isn't screwed down flush. The toppers that have spent the most time on my Vaporshark have been: An iClear 30s, a 19mm IBT with Smok flanged carto, and an Aerotank. The carto never wiggled, but the the Innokin and Kanger tanks did. Both of their bases remained maybe 1/32" above the mod's body after they were screwed on with only minimal torque. My guess is one could keep cranking and thereby tweak the centerpins in the 510 connectors to the point were base of the topper was firmly against the body of the mod (which would eliminate any wiggle) but I didn't want to do that for fear that other toppers might no longer make contact with with the pin. So I solved my wiggle problem another way. I used a bit of UHMW Tape to "pad" the bases of the toppers. Because the non-sticky side of the tape has a very low coefficient of friction, this also protects the finish around the connector of the Vaporshark.
    joeaux and XBarbarian like this.

Okay big question… Anyone with a vaporshark DNA 20 are you able to go in and replace the battery? I hate that it has only a 1200 may LiPo battery
    ~Ditch the paper… Go for vapor~
    XPV DNA30-D, Patriot w/ copper center post, Hcigar Kayfun 3.1 clone, SS Vanilla, TOBH Atty on the way :)