Vaporshark DNA - Page 2
Page 2 of 122 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Like Tree895Likes

Thread: Vaporshark DNA

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

OK, time for an update. I charged the Vaporshark DNA fully overnight. I don't know how long it took to charge fully, but when I woke up this morning around 8:00am, the charge LED was green indicating it was fully charged. I immediately tested it to see if it would still be able to regulate down to its lowest 7W power setting with the load I have on it (a 2.1 ohm iClear 30S). It was able to do so; the resistance reading never flashed, and increasing the power setting to 7-1/2 watts made a noticeable difference in the vape.

I then proceeded to use it as my primary device all day to get some idea of battery life. It was certainly not the only device I vaped today -- I've got 5 other devices with 5 other flavors of juice on my desk and I like to switch among flavors. However I used the other devices/flavors more sparingly than ever today. I filled iClear 30S not that long after I got up, but after I'd already vaped something close to 1/2 ml on that charge. This afternoon when it got to the 1.5 ml line, I filled it again. Now just a few minutes before 9:00pm, it refused to fire anymore because the battery is too low, and it's just a hair above the 1.5 ml line. So I was able to vape a full 3 ml of juice from this tiny thing on one charge; that's with the power set to 8.0 watts.

IMO, that's darn good for such a diminutive device. Could I use this as my only device, completely untethered, from the time I get up in the morning until I go to bed at night? No, obviously not. Then again, I don't need to either. It is after all, a pass-through. You can vape it while charging it. It doesn't need a separate charger; all it needs is a standard micro USB cable and any source of USB power. That means plugging it occasionally during the day is not difficult at all.

That actually gives me a crazy idea for a modification. There are these wireless charging setups for phones....
    XBarbarian likes this.

Super Member Verified Member CABBA's Avatar

I really like he looks of this thing. Nice to see how it compares in size to the zippo. I'm not a huge fan of box-mods but this thing is so small that I'm really quite intrigued. If it had a changeable battery I'd be all in but as is I'm undecided. Looks good though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I have to agree; I also wish the battery was easily changeable so I could carry a spare for those occasions when I'm gonna be away from power all day. Instead, I think I'm going to have to get a spare Vaporshark.
    CABBA likes this.

Super Member Verified Member CABBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    I have to agree; I also wish the battery was easily changeable so I could carry a spare for those occasions when I'm gonna be away from power all day. Instead, I think I'm going to have to get a spare Vaporshark.
    That's one way to do it I guess. I like that "out of the box" type solution. For a DNA 20 the VS is reasonably prices, so this is an option. Either that or wait for the v2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    That actually gives me a crazy idea for a modification. There are these wireless charging setups for phones....
    Ok thats a genius Idea Any suggestions of a good one?????

What I own : eRoll, ZNA + Russian 91%

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Nope, no suggestions yet. I've ordered a set like this to fool around with:

The transmitter requires 12V. The receiver outputs regulated 5V. The catch is, I'm not sure what the diameter of those coils is.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Warning: If you lean on the + button and unintentionally/unknowingly run your Vaporshark up to 20 watts with a 2.1 ohm coil in a Protank II, you will instantly get awful burnt-tasting dry hits.

Don't ask me how I know this.

Full Member Verified Member brianeharmonjr's Avatar

If these didn't have the screen on the bottom I would probably have one.

Full Member Verified Member jay9055's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JP1021 View Post
    I own the vapor shark DNA 20 as well. I absolutely love it. I'm running an ERA with a microcoil at 1.5 ohms (29g wire) with a cotton wick. At 18 watts it's my favorite device I own. I do wish the 1200 mah battery was larger but so far it lasts me all day. I've given up my dual coil sub ohm setup, especially when I discovered my optimal wattages were still in the 18-20 watt range even with dual coils. It's compact and I can actually carry my vape in my pocket which is a first for me. At $165 it's a good deal.
    JP have you looked inside the box yet? 1200mah is less than some little ego batteries, I am curious if you could mod the mod and get a bigger battery in there.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I've opened mine up to do some minor mods / tweaking. Stuff is pretty tight in there. I don't see how you could ever fit a bigger battery in there, and right now, I think the battery that's in there is very dense when you consider it packs 1200 mAh and is capable of supplying 18 amps of current. Maybe I'll open it up again and post a pic after I've had dinner...