Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree895Likes

Thread: Vaporshark DNA

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by djtonyb View Post
    No, the MVP does not use PWM, it is a straight DC signal:
    Yes, I've become aware of that since then. But put the same topper on an MVP vs. a DNA 20, set both to the same power level, and they do vape differently. At one point, I thought the difference might be airflow, but I've since gotten some toppers that do not pull air from the 510 connection (an Aerotank and an Igo-L) and there's still a difference. One of these days I'm going to get my hands on a 501 "Break out" connector so I can put a 'scope on it myself to see what actually causes that difference.
    cecsystems likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran fanatic205's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    No, I hadn't see it, but since this is the Vaporshark DNA thread, I think it's worthy of an embed:

Dang, he published on Jan 20, 2014 but he seems to have one of the original ones with the blue & white logo, the less durable paint, and original castings. What's up with that? I got mine right after Christmas and it's what I call "Version 1.1"...
    I noticed he had the old version of the shark too, I love my Shark first regulated mod I have owned and I will grab that Shark 30 if it still has a USB port to pass thru charge at the computer.

Ludicrous Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Anxiously waiting for the V2 to come out. The vapor shark web site says it has "magnetic charging"... i emailed them asking for details. Which standard? Qi?

If its Qi that would be amazing.. i already have a slew of Qi charging pads at work/home. Will be a no brainer purchase for me.

Chas the Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eda123 View Post
    Anxiously waiting for the V2 to come out. The vapor shark web site says it has "magnetic charging"... i emailed them asking for details. Which standard? Qi?

If its Qi that would be amazing.. i already have a slew of Qi charging pads at work/home. Will be a no brainer purchase for me.
    Perhaps a bit off topic since we don't know the charging system yet, but can you give some insight on the QI Technology? Are you using it with any other mods? Phone? Sounds interesting...

CEC

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Qi is inductive, wireless charging. It uses two coils to couple the devices inductively. See this post. I agree, this would be awesome. Set the device down on the pad and it charges.

However, I'm not at all convinced that's what Vaporshark is taking about; I think they might be looking at a proprietary charging cable that attaches to the device magnetically, much like the charging cables used on Apple laptops.

Supporting Member

Here is what their support said:

"...the magnetic charging port on our new DNA is an improved feature replacing the USB charging port. The spring loaded positive pin will improve all issues with rebuildable atomizers like the kayfun, allowing you to extend the positive pin and it wont depress the DNA's pin any more."

So, I still dont know what cord it will need..

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Sure sounds like a proprietary charging cable to me -- something I'm very much NOT keen on.

Supporting Member

Yes indeed... just got another reply:

"upon receiving our new DNA you will find the magnetic charging cable to be included in it's packaging. And yes, it is a proprietary cord from us that will only work with the new DNA."

Supporting Member

In fact, proprietary cable == deal breaker for me. That means I cant use the USB i already have in my car/office, and have to tote around ONE cable to use in all places. Makes this go from a very appealing device to one i wont consider. That sucks.

Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Yep. Unless they offer spare cables separately at a real reasonable price, I have to agree; that's pretty much a deal-breaker for me too, 'cause I have micro-USB cables / chargers everywhere.

Page 6 of 122 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast