Vaporshark DNA - Page 7
Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Like Tree895Likes

Thread: Vaporshark DNA

Ludicrous Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Agree (Dude, i love your avatar btw).

A mode that likely will NOT last me a full day, will HAVE to be charged, and CANNOT use any cables i have readily available in multiple places (car/work/home/etc). Damn, this thing looked really cool until i heard this. Bummer.

Chas the Geek Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by eda123 View Post
    In fact, proprietary cable == deal breaker for me. That means I cant use the USB i already have in my car/office, and have to tote around ONE cable to use in all places. Makes this go from a very appealing device to one i wont consider. That sucks.
    Agreed! so eda123 are you a java programmer ==

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Agree (Dude, i love your avatar btw).

A mode that likely will NOT last me a full day, will HAVE to be charged, and CANNOT use any cables i have readily available in multiple places (car/work/home/etc). Damn, this thing looked really cool until i heard this. Bummer.
    I would suspect that this version will have rather short legs... so to speak. I'm rather confident that this design choice perhaps cost them up 50% of potential sales? They will still sell a fair share of them but any of us that have been vaping for a fair amount of time will see the short-sightedness of this design choice in short order and will steer clear (for the time being)... my
    Last edited by cecsystems; 01-27-2014 at 05:18 PM. Reason: At least until Ver. 2.1 appears with a more traditional charging system

Ludicrous Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed! so eda123 are you a java programmer ==
    Tcl, Verilog, and Perl

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Tcl, Verilog, and Perl
    Yep... I can spot em a mile away... lol. I'm in IT myself; wearing MANY hats (Programming is just one of them)

Yeah, it didn't make sense that they listened to all the other criticism's of the first version, and didn't put a bigger battery in, and then decided on a proprietary cable for charging, even if it might lead to faster charge times. Were people complaining about the minu-usb connection ? I didn't see that. Or maybe they were getting too many returns on the power connection ? It would be interesting to know what prompted the change. Are they simply trying to get people to send it to them for repairs and parts ? It would be nice if the folks at VaporShark would comment.

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I don't see any way to put a bigger battery in it while keeping the form factor. If you need a bigger battery, a different device would be a better choice. But think about it this way: Its capacity already exceeds a typical 18350 device, and is on par with the better 18490/18500s. About the only way to get more is with an 18650 and devices capable of holding those are substantially bigger.

What's interesting is their Info Page still says "top off as needed with Micro USB" right above "Magnetic Charging System".

But the Buy Now page has this picture:

I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out what the real deal is.

Valar Morghulis Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

As long as extra cables are cheap...I can't see people being ok with having one. Micro usb was nice because I have it for cell phones, ps4 and so on. So I don't have to carry one cable around the house or to my car.

The battery size is good for the mod size. A ZNA 30 with it's default tube is much bigger and has the sameish mah and you have to swap the batteries as far as I know. A hana mini is .3 thicker with the same size battery. If you want a bigger battery without a huge device, you'll probably want one of the smaller mod makers who had 2400mah lipos in a reasonably small size.
    Last edited by Fury83; 01-30-2014 at 02:05 PM.
    classwife>kevbow

Super Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Tcl, Verilog, and Perl
    What no python?
    cecsystems likes this.

My 2 cents worth!
    I ordered me VS before they were available. I just love it! Only lasted a month with a bad charging port. I'm guessing it was an assembly issue because my new one has a charging port that looks much cleaner, and the battery position has been tightened up. In regard to the wobble of your atty that some have encountered, a small o-ring over your atties 510 connector works wonders. If you haven't already, a box of assorted o-ring sizes from the hardware store will not go unused. Like others, I would enjoy a bigger battery, but from a marketing standpoint, having the smallest, most powerful, mass produced DNA mod was the right choice.
    I use a Russian 91% knockoff from Tobeco and it's the most well made piece of equipment I've purchased. Used for about a month with one of three 2.2 ohm coils that came with the package. I just rewick with cotton every few days. I generally vape between 7-10 watts, depending on my mood. Won't be long before all the stuff I've collected over the past 1 1/2 years gets packed into a box and into the closet. I really don't feel I need a better vape than this setup gives me. Completely satisfied! I can hardly believe I was into Kanger T2s for so long.
    Happy vaping folks!
    My favorites mods in order of pref.:
    VS DNA, Sigelei V8, Vapor Wood, Sigelei TMAX
    XBarbarian likes this.

Page 7 of 122 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast