Question about iTaste VTR - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Question about iTaste VTR

Oh and I forgot, you need a 2000 mah battery, the 1600 your using isnt ideal, it won't last very long. I dont what charger you have, but get a good one and dont leave it unattended. Make sure it has an auto shut off and reverse battery protection and such. The VTR is really nice, get the proper batteries and read the safe vaping chart to set your mod or if you use the kanger use the kanger charts because they are slightly different and youll be good to go.
    Last edited by stephreyn; 12-29-2013 at 06:58 PM.

On link with stats of saving mods say for a resistance From 1.4-5.0
    My iClear 30s have a 2.0.
    The VTR have a watts set to 15 and Volts to 6. Did I understand correct what I maximum resistance tank for right now is iClear 30s and kanger proTank 2. And both of them have a 2.1 omh what can be set up for a maximum of 4.2 volts and 8wats. Yes?

Yes use the chart that was linked earlier by disco180, if you have a kanger then use the chart that came with the kanger. Stay within the parameters of that chart. For my 2ohm coils I will start the "p" settingn on the VTR at 5.5 and go up as high as 7.5, the chart says you can go up to 8..Good luck I suggest you really go over that chart and there are many good videos on using a VTR on youtube...
    Last edited by stephreyn; 12-29-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Volts squared divided by resistance equals your power.
    If you have a 2.2 coil and like how it vapes at 4.2 volts that is about 8 watts on the 'p' setting. If you set your p to 8 and then take off your 2.2 coil and put on say a 3 ohm coil then the VTR in wattage mode will flux the volts to keep you at 8 watts regardless of resistance.
    Sorry to keep adding on and going on, I just want to make sure you get this...
    Last edited by stephreyn; 12-29-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    wjosephsimmons likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    The iClear 30 is the first generation (top coil). Iclear 30S is second generation (top coil). iClear 30b is the most recent (now bottom coiled). Arguably improvements with each generation
    Hiya Bad, I pay attention to most of what you say, since you have far more knowlage in this area than I. However, I'm a little confused by your above statement. I thought my i30s was a dual coil, which I was led to believe meant a coil at the bottom, and another at the top. I have not taken one of mine apart, so I'm not sure. Since I use an IBTanked most of the time, I never gave it much thought. So is the "improvement" from a i30 to an i30s going from more of an atomizer to something along the lines of a cartomizer?

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

The batteries I use in my VTRs are Efest buttontop IMR 18650 2000mah, mostly because I had a couple on hand and wasn't using them. I get a day or a bit more out of them. For reasons I have not yet figured out, they perform much better on my VTR than on my ProVari with the same carto tank and carto.

CGR18650CH (IMR/hybrid) 2250mAh did not work for me, I think. The VTR I had them in had an issue and I am not sure if it was the batteries and/or the mod that caused the issue. It was weird because the batteries would also cause issues on the working VTR. I no longer use the batteries (and still working with the vendor to get a refund on them) and the VTR was exchanged for a new one. I was getting the fluctuating ohm readings, which is a known issue of the VTR.

I use my IBTanked on both of them and gave away the iClears, so I have no comment on those.
    Last edited by serenity21899; 12-29-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Become a Member of
    CASAA

11-22-12

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prylosis View Post
    Hiya Bad, I pay attention to most of what you say, since you have far more knowlage in this area than I. However, I'm a little confused by your above statement. I thought my i30s was a dual coil, which I was led to believe meant a coil at the bottom, and another at the top. I have not taken one of mine apart, so I'm not sure. Since I use an IBTanked most of the time, I never gave it much thought. So is the "improvement" from a i30 to an i30s going from more of an atomizer to something along the lines of a cartomizer?
    The iClear 30 and iClear 30S are both top dual-coils. The heating coils are where the two layers of string wicks go into the steel post. The string wicks of the iClear 30 hang away from the steel post. The string wicks in the iClear 30S are in the perforated steel post.

The iClear 30B has changed to a dual bottom-coil design.

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    The iClear 30 and iClear 30S are both top dual-coils. The heating coils are where the two layers of string wicks go into the steel post. The string wicks of the iClear 30 hang away from the steel post. The string wicks in the iClear 30S are in the perforated steel post.

The iClear 30B has changed to a dual bottom-coil design.
    Okay, Got it. Thank you very much!

I'm using a iClear 30s and I used my first coils for a month ,second one for a 1.5 week!
    I have some more questions)
    •How long is a life time for a coils?
    •Where is cheaper to buy it?
    •What tank is the best one for VTR?
    •What tank is better to get longest coils life?

PV Master Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Sitting down, facing forward, but that's not important right now.
    Blog Entries

The life of a coil depends more on what kind of liquid, juice, you're using. The sweeter the flavor, the shorter the coil life.

The best prices are in co-ops here on ECF, well below what most vendors normally charge.

The best tank for the VTR is one that fits into it and gives you the flavor and vapor you're looking for. I use iClear 30, iClear 30s and Protanks on mine, but my personal preference is the iClear 30.

Again, the tank isn't what governs coil life, the liquid is the key.

Coil life is dependent on how fast "gunk" builds up on the coil. The "gunk" is actually a polymer of carbon atoms created by the heat of the coil. All of the components of vaping liquids contain some carbon atoms, but sweet flavors contain a lot of carbon atoms and will build "gunk" up pretty quickly when compared to non-sweet flavors like tobacco flavors. I am getting two months of heavy use out of all of my devices, but I vape "dry" tobacco flavors with very low sweetener content.

There are tons of threads that talk about how to clean a coil, but from my personal experience there are two ways - dry burn the coil before it gets too "gunked" up or simply replace the coil. Lots of people soak them in high strength grain alcohol, 180 proof or higher, but my experience is even that won't remove that nice, carbon polymer, build up very effectively. I have tried industrial solvents, lacquer thinner, toluene, brake cleaner and acetone. None of them can touch the gunk either and I would not want to vape something I cleaned using that stuff!
    Last edited by awsum140; 01-11-2014 at 07:13 PM.
    ZeroOhms likes this.
    If it's not a Boerboel, it's just a dog.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast