Provari, Vamo, or other? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Provari, Vamo, or other?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic_Nog View Post
    My current setup I've had for the past year+ has been a 6.6V Bolt running a 2ohm dual coil cartomizer. I'm no longer as pleased with the flavor as I was, and I want to move into a polyfill-less system like a bottom feeding Protank. Still looking for large clouds, but not confident enough in my ability to wrap my own coils. I'm looking at purchasing a Kanger Protank 2, and am debating between a Provari or a Vamo to run it. Which would be a better choice? Are there other mods I should look at?

Please keep in mind my priorities are cloud size and flavor potency.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevegmu View Post
    I would recommend an IBTanked carto tank and ProVari.

For the price, the Provari is looking awfully long in the tooth today. With the DNA30 chip, OKR chip, and SX chip now available, the Provari is clearly being out-spec'd and out-performed by a large margin.

I would throw one other suggestion into the fray: A Nemesis clone and a Kick 2.

This combination would be much more versatile. It would offer 5-15 Watts of regulated power, operate in 18350, 18490, or 18650 modes, and should he get into rebuilding, operate as one of the highest quality mechanicals available today.

ElectronicStix.Com · Nemesis by Hcigar

ElectronicStix.Com · The Kick 2 By Evolv

It's modular, versatile, sleek looking, the most compact, durable, and future compatible with his needs. Very affordable as well.

Senior Member ECF Veteran gotch23's Avatar

You are used to a really powerful vape experience.

According to ohms law your current vape has a power output of about 22 watts.

So the provari and vamo, which max out at about 15 watts probably won't cut it
    for you. Even worse with the mvp, which maxes out at 11 watts.
    Don't get me wrong, i think these are great devices... I have a provari and a mvp myself.

So... if you want a regulated vape, the DNA 30 is your best bet. But these are really pricey.

However if you don't mind the voltage drop-off over battery life, a mech mod would be a good way
    to go.

As for toppers: Again... i like the protank... however, it's not suitable for high-powered vapes.
    At least with stock-coils... Even 11 watts (the max setting of my mvp) fried the heads within
    days... at best. Rebuilt protank heads... no problem, but that's what you wanted to avoid.

However i don't really see any alternative other than RBAs, that can match your current
    carto-tank performance.

So... i'd still suggest a kayfun (or a good clone). The rebuilding-thing can be intimidating.
    But it's really not all that hard once you get started. I really suck at DIY... If i can do it
    it, so can you.

Or stick with your current set-up... what do you not like about it? Do you taste the poly-fill?
    PLANofMAN likes this.

Since you care the cloud size and flavor potency most, I suggest you to get a rebuildable topper, such as Kayfuns, aqua an so forth. You can rebuild the coil, especially the Kayfuns could produce great flavor. And as for the mod, I will strongly recommend Nemesis, caravela mod . Magnificent engraving, stainless steel material, touches smooth and make you feel comfortable. Hope could help you.

Mystagogue Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    I'd look into the new sigelei 20w. More powerful than provar or vamo.Fasttk has em for I think $87.Half the price of Prov. but more than a vamo.
    That sounds perfect to run the Protank 2 he's looking to buy...

ProVarinati Princess ~ Infanta del Phidiae-Reo ~ Baroness Boboni of Sigeleiland
    CASAA Member

ProVari/Rüzgar ~ Reo/RM2 ~ bOd Mecha/KFL+ ~ Gus Kiss Qorax Edition/Atty?

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by The Ocelot View Post
    That sounds perfect to run the Protank 2 he's looking to buy...

It kind of does actually.

- from fasttech listing:

Variable wattage - adjustable from 7.0W to 20.0W (in 0.1 watt increment)
    Variable voltage - adjustable from 3.0V to 8.8V (in 0.1 volt increment)
    Supports 0.5-3.0ohm Atomizer
    Battery voltage range: 3.2-4.2V
    Features a 5 click On/Off switch
    0.66" OLED display: resistance, voltage/wattage, settled vaping time, battery level and puffs
    Accelerometer
    5-20 seconds cutoff
    Short circuit protection
    Low voltage warning
    Reverse polarity protection
    Removable top cap
    Floating 510 center pin
    510 and eGo threading
    Compatible with Single 18650 Battery
    3 battery vent holes on the bottom
    Brass contact

You don't need to go to 20W, but hey it's there if you need it someday. Smooth switch mode DC to DC power regulation. $83 bucks.

And hey, he could even throw an eGo threaded EVOD on it!

Last edited by Funk Dracula; 03-18-2014 at 04:35 PM.

ECF Veteran

The Sigelei really does seem to nicely fill the gap between the $40 beginners vv/vw devices and the Provari. Can't wait to hear some feedback from folks who've actually had their hands on one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic_Nog View Post
    My current setup I've had for the past year+ has been a 6.6V Bolt running a 2ohm dual coil cartomizer. I'm no longer as pleased with the flavor as I was, and I want to move into a polyfill-less system like a bottom feeding Protank. Still looking for large clouds, but not confident enough in my ability to wrap my own coils. I'm looking at purchasing a Kanger Protank 2, and am debating between a Provari or a Vamo to run it. Which would be a better choice? Are there other mods I should look at?

Please keep in mind my priorities are cloud size and flavor potency.
    Have you tried a single coil cartomizer? Have you tried any other brand other than Smoktech? In my experience single coil cartomizers offer better flavor. My prefered cartos are Ikenvape with better flavor production.

IMHO you'll get less flavor with most of the clearomizers, exception possibly being an Aspire Nautilis.

Provari, Vamo, MVP, or DNA mod?

Why Provari?

The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

I personally don't believe anything can beat a Provari. They are worth the extra money in the long run. I've been a die-hard cartotank with Ikenvape cartomizers user for over a year. I just received my first Kayfun Lite + RTA last week, running a 1.8 ohm coil and cotton wick, and this is the best tank setup I've had thus far. Excellent flavor and very nice clouds.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Have you tried a single coil cartomizer? Have you tried any other brand other than Smoktech? In my experience single coil cartomizers offer better flavor. My prefered cartos are Ikenvape with better flavor production.

IMHO you'll get less flavor with most of the clearomizers, exception possibly being an Aspire Nautilis.

Provari, Vamo, MVP, or DNA mod?

Why Provari?

The Rattlesnake Effect- Why the Cheapo VV [Exception Itaste MVP] Don't Vape the Same as a Provari or DNA20D

Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

I personally don't believe anything can beat a Provari. They are worth the extra money in the long run. I've been a die-hard cartotank with Ikenvape cartomizers user for over a year. I just received my first Kayfun Lite + RTA last week, running a 1.8 ohm coil and cotton wick, and this is the best tank setup I've had thus far. Excellent flavor and very nice clouds.
    Oh No!!!! you woke the sleeping GIANTS!
    Help someone --- if you can.....

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post
    Bad..... My man.... Not you !! You have moved to the dark side with the Kayfun.. (give a 1.1 ohm coil a try and get ready for a ride)

Also agree with all of the above. Single coil carto is best. Used them a long time....a 2.5 to 3.2 coil carto...I cant vape it over 4.0 volts. Why do you need 30 watts ? A Kayfun or Taifun....I cant vape over 4.0 Volts, Why do you need 30 watts ? ( I run 1.0 to 1.3 coils and vape fruits mostly)

I owned a 30 watt ZNA for about three weeks. Sold it. Its cool looking, goes really high (not needed) did go to .5 ohms ( I really dont sub ohm...only for show for me)... Chip is not as good as the Provari chip as far as durability (Provari chipset is military grade..mine has been under water twice, dried and still vaping).

Semovar....great Mod...(better than the DNA 20 and 30 IMHO as far as reliability, but still has little funny glitches as far as error codes for no reason but keeps working like there are no error codes)

These are just a couple examples, all my opinion from my own experiences. I am a user of a few of the latest and greatest Mods, unless your going sub ohm, the Provari is very hard be beat. It just works the very well while others have little glitches and funny wonky things that make you say "well, even though it shouldnt do that, its still ok". The Provari is just consistant. (and built well)

Will I keep buying new Mods ? Sure, but thats just me. I like tying new things. Can you buy my Provari,s from me? Well, no. Get your own.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 03-18-2014 at 09:33 PM.
    Baditude, PLANofMAN and Nu2Dis like this.
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Funk Dracula View Post
    It kind of does actually.

- from fasttech listing:

Variable wattage - adjustable from 7.0W to 20.0W (in 0.1 watt increment)
    Variable voltage - adjustable from 3.0V to 8.8V (in 0.1 volt increment)
    Supports 0.5-3.0ohm Atomizer
    Battery voltage range: 3.2-4.2V
    Features a 5 click On/Off switch
    0.66" OLED display: resistance, voltage/wattage, settled vaping time, battery level and puffs
    Accelerometer
    5-20 seconds cutoff
    Short circuit protection
    Low voltage warning
    Reverse polarity protection
    Removable top cap
    Floating 510 center pin
    510 and eGo threading
    Compatible with Single 18650 Battery
    3 battery vent holes on the bottom
    Brass contact

You don't need to go to 20W, but hey it's there if you need it someday. Smooth switch mode DC to DC power regulation. $83 bucks.

And hey, he could even throw an eGo threaded EVOD on it!

If it really can go down to 3 volts, then it's a step up on both the DNA 20/30 as they don't have a reducer. Methinks the Chinese are fudging the numbers somewhat. I wonder how many amps it can push?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast