Provari, Vamo, or other?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Provari, Vamo, or other?

Default Provari, Vamo, or other?

My current setup I've had for the past year+ has been a 6.6V Bolt running a 2ohm dual coil cartomizer. I'm no longer as pleased with the flavor as I was, and I want to move into a polyfill-less system like a bottom feeding Protank. Still looking for large clouds, but not confident enough in my ability to wrap my own coils. I'm looking at purchasing a Kanger Protank 2, and am debating between a Provari or a Vamo to run it. Which would be a better choice? Are there other mods I should look at?

Please keep in mind my priorities are cloud size and flavor potency.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'd look into the new sigelei 20w. More powerful than provar or vamo.Fasttk has em for I think $87.Half the price of Prov. but more than a vamo.
    loganfl22 likes this.
    Chuck

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

If money is not a problem, I would have a hard time recommending anything other than a ProVari, especially if you only plan to run stock coil setups. The other mod you should consider is an MVP 2. The batteries are not replaceable, so it is a disposable device, but it produces a vape very close to that of a ProVari.

If your priorities are cloud chasing and flavor, then you will have to learn to rebuild at some point. Most likely with a dripper type atomizer. On the subject of drippers, you might want to look into a Reo. Reo's are bottom feed drippers, and instead of "dripping" from the top, they "squonk," or push the liquid up into the atomizer from underneath.

I have an Innokin SVD that I love (I had a second one as a spare, but sold it to a friend). I had a Vamo v5 for a short while, and while I was quite happy with it the SVD felt sturdier.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    loganfl22 likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Criticalmass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electronic_Nog View Post
    My current setup I've had for the past year+ has been a 6.6V Bolt running a 2ohm dual coil cartomizer. I'm no longer as pleased with the flavor as I was, and I want to move into a polyfill-less system like a bottom feeding Protank. Still looking for large clouds, but not confident enough in my ability to wrap my own coils. I'm looking at purchasing a Kanger Protank 2, and am debating between a Provari or a Vamo to run it. Which would be a better choice? Are there other mods I should look at?

Please keep in mind my priorities are cloud size and flavor potency.
    Your mod is not as important as your topper. I think a dripper or RBA would benefit you more. However, a Provari is an extremely nice mod... Ask me what I received for my birthday? I still use my SVD and my MVP 2.0, but my favorite is the Provari (still getting used to only one button though).

If you just want clouds, learn about mechs and sub ohm coils. Big clouds, but at some point when the clouds become so big, you'll start losing flavor. So keep that in mind.

sent from my Limited Edition Monkey Island Talking Voodoo Doll Head named Murray
    gotch23, Baditude and HawaiiVPR like this.

Moved On Verified Member

A good topper on the crappiest device ever made will still give you a nice vape, however, a crappy topper on the best device ever made will still give you a crappy vape

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The Protank 2 is going to be your weakest link in your proposed setup.

I think you would be best with a Kayfun or other rebuildable (although Kayfuns are more flavor-centric, than cloud chasing.) If that is not an option then look into an Aspire Nautilus.

Once you have a good topper, now concentrate on the mod.

I agree with PlanOfMan on this one.

If you are using standard builds (not sub ohm) or standard type clearo (like Nautilus) then I suggest either the MVP2 or ProVari as well.

The best "bang for your buck" belongs to the MVP2. A long life battery, convenient charging and extremely good and consistent vape is what you will find with the MVP2. However, it is designed to be thrown away when it wears out. Now that may be in 1 to 3 years, but still when the internal battery hits the skids, you are done.

The ProVari has the best track record. It is a proven performer year in and year out. If longevity is most important to you than the ProVari is your mod.

These are my 2 favorite mods for very different reasons.

I give the nod to the MVP2 only because at it's price point I can't find a reason that anyone shouldn't have at least one.

The ProVari's price point keeps them from being number one but they are a close second because once you buy a ProVari you won't need to buy anything else for quite some time.

I have two of each so you can see that for me it's almost a dead even matchup
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Second the suggestion of a MVP V2.0 for your first vv/vw device although the rather (to me) gaudy wrapper and limited range of adjustment may be strikes against it. I also own the SID which is nice and light and comes in purdy colors if that's a consideration and a Vamo V5 in stainless steel which has a 3 button design which I much prefer over the others. These adjust 3W to 15W, 3.0V to 6.0V vs the more limited range of 6W to 11W, 3.3V to 5.0V with the MVP V2.0. Really any of these $40 ish priced vv/vw devices are about the same with the MVP being the only really different one. And all are much less than the Provari which you can always get in the future and keep whatever you bought now as a backup. With the DNA20 and DNA30 mods along with Chinese clones (Sigelei already has a DNA20 clone out for about half the price of the Provari) about to be released it makes no sense to me to spend a lot on a high end vv/vw device.

Second also on a better topper. Aerotank or Nautilus if you want to stay with clearomizers.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I would recommend an IBTanked carto tank and ProVari. Carto tanks blow away PT2s as far as taste and vapor production- at least for me...
    Robinowitz likes this.

Full Member Verified Member

As far as vv/vw devices go my top 3 are: in order of my favorite.
    1. Innokin SVD for its sturdiness, telescopes, bright display, great vape.
    2.MVP2, compact, as well as fairly sturdy, great battery life and features, very accurate performance.
    3, Vamo v5, not as sturdy as svd, doesnt telescope, good performing, looks cool, performs well, easy on the pocket, fairly sturdy, very simple to use

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast