The ProVari challenge....(or just how stupid am I.....) - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: The ProVari challenge....(or just how stupid am I.....)

  1. #21
    Super Member Dominique Hoogduin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The Hague, Netherlands, Netherlands
    Posts
    705

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ruet View Post
    Honestly, without a power source attached and with all its' capacitors drained you could do that with any electronic device. They key is to make sure it is 100% free of water before applying power to it again. That being said...
    Water isnt the problem.. the minerals in water is.
    beckdg, thebanik and keepsmiling like this.

    Reo Grand LP/MVP 2.0 / EGO / Kamry 100

  2. #22
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DPLongo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stamford, CT, USA
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baditude View Post

    I'd like to see a DNA mod go through any of the above and still survive.
    MY experience tells me that DNA mods (at least the "20" versions) are not (in any way, shape or form) fond of being dropped.

    I am what I am.
    Baditude likes this.

    EPM v1 & v2, Billet Box v3.a, Provari v2, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL (neither 'Natti nor 'Naught)
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

    Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

  3. #23
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPLongo22 View Post
    MY experience tells me that DNA mods (at least the "20" versions) are not (in any way, shape or form) fond of being dropped.

    I am what I am.
    Something tells me that fancy little OLED display would not like water too much either......
    lizziebith, DPLongo22 and Coelli like this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

  4. #24
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DPLongo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stamford, CT, USA
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    Something tells me that fancy little OLED display would not like water too much either......
    Yeah, they're not too big on liquid of any sort. I panicked a touch yesterday, while cleaning my Hana (to put a new wrap on it). A touch of Windex hit the screen (repeat: "I am what I am") and my heart literally JUMPED. Thankfully it just went into the recess, and never got to the actual screen.

    I was able to "dab" it out, and all is fine (phwew!). I usually separate my cleanings, so nothing takes place after working with the Provari. I don't put much thought into THAT one, since they take my beatings (easily). Yesterday was an exception which will NOT be repeated.

    D'oh!

    Now I'm nervous that you're even TALKING about my mods.

    EPM v1 & v2, Billet Box v3.a, Provari v2, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL (neither 'Natti nor 'Naught)
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

    Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

  5. #25
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPLongo22 View Post
    Now I'm nervous that you're even TALKING about my mods.
    You act like I'm the grim reaper of mods.....

    My two MVP 2's are working just fine, thank you very much. And I'm not near fool enough to dunk one of those in a full cup of water. No way to dry it out well.

    I'm telling you I totally appreciate that completely open design with the board just sitting in the tube.....And to think I used to think that was just a cheap move.....yeah....
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

  6. #26
    Karto Tank Kween Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Katdarling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Kali-Kat
    Posts
    11,066
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Is it dry yet?


    Now?



    How bout now.

    Go for the Gold...

    I came for the vape. I stayed for the giggles.

    Our vape is at stake. PLEASE JOIN CASAA? www.casaa.org


  7. #27
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DPLongo22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Stamford, CT, USA
    Posts
    4,934

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p.opus View Post
    You act like I'm the grim reaper of mods.....

    My two MVP 2's are working just fine, thank you very much. And I'm not near fool enough to dunk one of those in a full cup of water. No way to dry it out well.

    I'm telling you I totally appreciate that completely open design with the board just sitting in the tube.....And to think I used to think that was just a cheap move.....yeah....
    Don't take me seriously, P. I am the grim reaper of mods - not you. Get it straight.

    EPM v1 & v2, Billet Box v3.a, Provari v2, Hana Modz v2 & VMOD XL (neither 'Natti nor 'Naught)
    Our vape is at stake - PLEASE JOIN CASAA

    Last Marlboro Medium smoked 13-Nov-2011, 20:00 EST/USA
    (that's a lotta smokes ago!)

  8. #28
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katdarling View Post
    Is it dry yet?


    Now?



    How bout now.
    Hey, It's only been 15 hours since it went in the rice bag....How do you guys handle vape mail????
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

  9. #29
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    LDS714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN, USA
    Posts
    1,460
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPLongo22 View Post
    Yeah, they're not too big on liquid of any sort. I panicked a touch yesterday, while cleaning my Hana (to put a new wrap on it). A touch of Windex hit the screen (repeat: "I am what I am") and my heart literally JUMPED. Thankfully it just went into the recess, and never got to the actual screen.

    I was able to "dab" it out, and all is fine (phwew!). I usually separate my cleanings, so nothing takes place after working with the Provari. I don't put much thought into THAT one, since they take my beatings (easily). Yesterday was an exception which will NOT be repeated.

    D'oh!

    Now I'm nervous that you're even TALKING about my mods.
    Windex and polycarbonates are not a good mix. I've seen many motorcycle windshields and helmet visors ruined by it.
    No man's opinions are better than his information.

  10. #30
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    p.opus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Coral Springs FL
    Posts
    2,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DPLongo22 View Post
    Don't take me seriously, P. I am the grim reaper of mods - not you. Get it straight.
    It's ok....we're good.
    DPLongo22 likes this.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Bookmarks