Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree231Likes

Thread: The ProVari challenge....(or just how stupid am I.....)

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Outstanding Popus!

Huge props for putting your money on the line in the name of (sudo) science!

But honestly, I still think I can kill one given a few months use
    Innokin Army Banner-innokin-army.jpg

2. Advertisement

Try it with salt water next time.
    I will match you with a mech if you want
    beckdg likes this.

ECF Veteran

You people are sick!!!!

If it did drop into the surf, I'd simply immediately take out the battery and then repeatedly wash it out with fresh water and then dry it out in rice.

......And stand by to send $65.00 to ProVape in case that failed.....
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

PV Master Verified Member
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, how long was it submerged?

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I would have let it sit in rice for several days myself. But you got lucky I guess.

Tap'd from my LG G2

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwald View Post
    Out of curiosity, how long was it submerged?
    Long enough to take the three pictures.

The idea was not to have it live there, but to be under water long enough to represent dropping it in a mud puddle or sink or....cough...toilet.

I trashed the battery immediately, it was near it's end of life. It was a used 18490 that came with my first satin black ProVari and I had bought replacement batteries since then.
    ProVari: It's nothing more than a metal tube with a button on it that is well built and accurately delivers a set voltage continuously under load.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    I would have let it sit in rice for several days myself. But you got lucky I guess.

Tap'd from my LG G2
    Probably should have.....I had completely shaken it out and used twisted up paper towel to get all the standing water out that I could find. Also used my cell phone light to look for any standing moisture. Only after I could see no further standing drops did I put it in the rice.

I also put the bag of rice on the window sill which got close to 80 to 85 degrees here in south florida that day.

It really was during this test that I truly appreciated the open design of the tube.

When the E-LVT failed it's watertight integrity, I had to take the entire mod apart. There were so many nooks and crannies for moisture to live. I had to take it apart and dry it several times, In fact it was this taking apart and reassembling it multiple times that killed it.

The ProVari, I knew would flood because of the vent hole in the bottom of the tube, but it was very easy to fit paper towels up there and get to the standing moisture. The ProVari was never designed to be water resistant, but t turned out to be better suited to recover from exposure to moisture.
    Last edited by p.opus; 04-27-2014 at 05:19 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

For the record, that E LVT is a sweet little mod, but its a dang rattlesnake! I can only hear it when I slap a Protank II on there. Never knew what people were talking about with the sound they could hear off of VAMO's or whatever other mods have the low hz chip rating, but yeah, the E-LVT is a confirmed rattlesnake. I've only had it for a few days, and so far I don't regret it.

I definitely don't regret the Provari and its been kicking around for 6 months. Finally got the 18650 extension cap for it, and a pair of AW-IMR's for the Provari and the E-LVT.

Ebay sent me some cheapy ultrafire 18650 that I burned through in an hour (fully charged) on the E-LVT. What a joke! IMR's are the way to go for sure
    Baditude likes this.
    Reo Grand+bottom feeding Trident V2
    Infinite Stingray in Brass+Atmomixani Dome+Trident V2

Remember...
    The Beast is Watching

ECF Veteran

I wasn't impressed with the E-LVT. It was IMHO a lot of cheap components thrown into a nearly indestructable case and passed off as a higher quality mod than it is.

I wouldn't have known this without taking it apart. When I did take it apart several things bothered me. double sided sticky tape to mount the lens to the LED display. The placement of the USB port cover hinge in relation to the micro USB connector, the lack of sealant on the flashlight and 510 connector. (I could actually inhale on the 510 connector and get airflow).

Of course I could have gotten a bad one....But it is a rattlesnaker...that's to be sure...

I'll keep my MVP's for travelling and my ProVari's for everything else.
    Baditude, Mowgli and keepsmiling like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member Speedracer12's Avatar

CNN placed a cellphone in salt water for 2 weeks under high pressure and they removed the chip and photos a and videos were accessed. Btw battery was in the phone. Test was done to find out if passengers from flight 370 could be found and downloaded

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk