Thread: VAMO O-Ring Replacement question (Kayfun)

Full Member ECF Veteran Softrockstarr's Avatar

Default VAMO O-Ring Replacement question (Kayfun)

So my Vamo kind of sucks at making connection with a lot of the stuff I have and I was thinking about replacing the o-ring. I noticed that my Kayfun Lite + clone from EHPro comes with an o-ring that looks like it might fit on my Vamo. It's the little black one that comes in the bag of extra o-rings and screws and stuff. Do you think it would work? I don't really feel like buying a huge bag of o-rings if I already have one at home. Has anyone tried this?

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Haven't tried that, no, and actually want to keep my KF spare parts for my KF

But a standard size #60 (or 260) O-ring from a hardware store is what most report using for Vamo and others. Dirt cheap at any decent hardware store.

Full Member Verified Member abpigdoc's Avatar

I replaced my Vamo O-ring with one from hardware store as described in post above. I found I had enough wire attaching the pin to bring it above the 510 connector. Put an O-ring on hemostats and spread open for easy, easy installment. Pushed it back in and screwed on atty for perfect placement.
    My brave, little toaster!

Super Member Verified Member

A #60 o-ring, found in the plumbing section @ Lowes or Home Depot is the perfect size for a Vamo 510 connector.

A #60 o-ring is just slightly too large for the top chimney seal in a kayfun. That one is kind of hard to find so I would save the kayfun o-ring for when you need it for the kayfun (you will need it eventually).

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Try Fatdaddyvapes, nirvana for the right parts..

Default Where to order O rings

The O-Ring Store - O-Rings, Seals, and Kits, We make getting O-Rings easy!

Very cheap for the Vamo's 8-10 cents each

1.5mm X 3mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring

I've used this size and leave the old mushed one in. The original looks like the rubber insert in the bottom of Kanger Coils when you rebuild one( I used one because I destroyed the original, it actually seats in to prevent the pin from shorting, if you lose it, use heat shrink on the pin)

1.5mm X 2.5mm Metric Buna-N 70 O-ring

I think this is the actual size the 3mm worked great the 2.5 may work better.

At 8 cents each buy both I just re-ordered and did

Cheers