Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar

I meant why no flowing pin on the mod not the atomisers. Yeah I probably will end up vaping at below 15w haha. I find my mvp2 isn't enough at 11w but mech mods with a fresh battery are a bit too much - I like it when the battery settles down to below 4 or 3.9v - then it's perfect. Thanks I'll check out the vapour shark and hana clones but I much prefer devices that aren't box mods although tic tac size sounds good but 1200mah doesn't.
    Last edited by ModBox; 06-11-2014 at 10:18 PM.

I bought a Semovar.

I sold a Semovar.

It was too big, the menu system was clunky, and if you overpowered it, it shut down. If you dropped it, it shut down. If you sneezed, it shut down (ok, ok, but it did shut down for any old thing)

Fit and finish was great, but in my opinion, there are far better choices out there.
    slappy3139 and ModBox like this.

chelonian - what did you change to?

I already had a Provari, so I stuck with that.

I am in that group that a lot of people find themselves in.

I run RBA's to low to need 30 watts, and I drip higher then 30 watts.

As a matter of fact, my Kayfun runs at .85 or so with 7 wraps of 26 gauge around a 1/16.
    I set the ProVari at 2.9 - 3.1, and get copious clouds and great taste due to the large surface area of the coil.

Only the Provari will downregulate voltage lower than the battery provides. A DNA can be set to that, but would still deliver 3.7 volts on a frwsh battery, thus denying me the ability to vape the way I want.

Its all about how you want to vape.

So DNA's don't do anything for me. Good mod builders make good ones, but its just not something I would use.

Now, someone comes out with a good 45 watt regulted device built to the standards of my Provari, they will have my attention.
    Redacted

My estimate is the best you can get out of a provari is 16.5 watts - I think it was at a 2 ohm coil. That would probably be enough for me but I'm not 100% sure. I think i've found what I'm looking for though - TOBECO DNA 30 - 30W, OLED, stainless steel, buttons not gyroscope and floating center pin at a great price. I think this could be a real winner if the quality is decent. The provari is such a rip off in england at about 200 and it's so old hat technologically. If it has all of these features then I may consider it but it's still not worth 4x the TOBECO - I don't care how many buildings you drop it off It does look pretty though and I like how compact it is for a variable device.
    Last edited by ModBox; 06-14-2014 at 02:25 AM.

Full Member ECF Veteran

I have been looking at the vapor shark DNA. Mainly because it looks so much like a beeper, is a true DNA chip and is on the cheap side for a DNA. The clones have me a little worried, I've been hearing bad things about them. As far as I know it could just be anti clone propaganda. From what I've been reading and watching on reviews, about the vapor shark, with a ~1.5 ohm coil on a kayfun/taifun type tank set at about ~14 watts or so, it lasts quite awhile. Only down side for me is, full size kayfuns overhang about 2 mm or so and makes it real top heavy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ModBox likes this.

PTJH

At two hundred pounds, the Provari is certainly not worth it. For that money in the States, you can get a ZNA and have money to spare.

The vast majority of it's detractors have never owned one, and are just parroting what they have read, all whilst ignoring the fact that most would vape well within it's range. All of the guys I know with DNA's, after the first few builds, vape their Expromisers and Kayfuns somewhere around 10-15 watts. Anything else, they go mech. DNA's are nice though...wish I had a reason to get one. If ever there is a DNA 50 I am in.

But....200 pounds???? DAAAAYUMM....why is that? Tariffs? Monopoly of vendors? Collusion? Make no mistake - you are absolutely right - the ProVari is NOT worth 200 pounds...ugh

For the money, I think that the MVP is unbeatable. You have to like the box form, but the power delivery, in terms of accuracy and pulse speed, is unmatched in it's class. Combine that with it's reliability, and it's a winner.
    The only weakness is the unreplaceable battery...but I suspect that that can be handled by anyone with a tad of electrical abilites. I will soon have a donor MVP to find out.

JP

The local B&M that I frequent is owned by a very good vaper, and is the hangout for the local cloudchasing crowd. They are of the opinion that most of the DNA clones are about a 15% of something being wrong out of the box, and about another 15% that it will develop problems in a short period.

Not bad for the price. The fault that has been seen the most is improper readings - resistance, wattage, and voltage. This can be worked around, as it's consistently misread..if it's .2 high, it's always .2 high for example, so no biggie there.

While you should buy what you want, if you have a mech mod, think about it before you buy a DNA. Do you drip higher than 30 watts? If so, at how many watts do you vape at when not dripping?

If, when you aren't dripping, you tend to not hit 30 watts, you might want to take that money and buy a nice something that will fit you needs, and just drip on your mechs Understand, I'm not trying to tell you what to buy, just trying to help by pointing out something that I and a lot of my friends have noticed...the DNA 30 just doesn't go high enough for us to use as an all around vape. That's still a mech.
    DISCLAIMER

I don't own a DNA clone, but know 5 or 6 who do, who also know 5 or 6 apiece, and so on. Here in this subforum there are a lot of people who have them. They seem to like them for the most part, as do the guys I know IRL
    Last edited by Chelonian; 06-14-2014 at 06:11 AM.
    ModBox likes this.
    Redacted

Yeah twisted thought the provari was a rip of at $180 - In the UK it's 180 ($305). Someone I know is going on holiday there so I might get them to bring one back - 100 isn't a bad deal to me (cheaper than the evic supreme). I've seen that but I don't really like box mods. I 'm not sure about the look of the zna either (if I could actually buy one). I like the cyborg and futura though. Shame the cyborg 30 isn't happening in brass - I want it so bad. IS the DNA 30 much better than the provari by general consensus - is it as accurate and consistent? Those are some pretty shoddy numbers from DNA30 copies if accurate. I do like the MVP2 - it served its purpose and has always been reliable. I'm just not into the box mod look and think it's a bit underpowered for me.

Currently use mech mod at about 1-1.3 ohm so am getting about 13 watts on a fresh battery so 15-20watts should be fine for most everyday use. I did just get the infinite magma dripper though - built a dual coil at .5 ohms and it is a powerful beast (35w) - nicotine rush off 5mg juice!! Maybe I could use that 30w afterall.
    Last edited by ModBox; 06-15-2014 at 07:08 AM.

Signature Guru Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Did you watch Twisted420's review of his Zombie ProVari?

To the OP, I would also have to recommend an MVP V2...The cost of ProVari's across the water is just too high, in my opinion.

Edit: sorry, didn't realize I was replying to the OP's post. disregard the MVP recommendation. Maybe a Protovapor or ZNA? or how about this: Odyssey VV electronic cigarette kit 25 watt limit, made in the UK, etc.

Edit 2: Here's the UK site: http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....-products.html
    Last edited by PLANofMAN; 06-15-2014 at 11:50 AM.
    Baditude likes this.

Super Member Verified Member

I happen to own the MVP2, the Provari and the Semovar, and I believe that the Semovar is the best of the three. Its design allows all your atties to sit flush and connect with your firing pin, it vapes smooth and steady (more so than the Provari), has lots of accessories, and a modular design. It is the most customizeable mod I'm aware of. Over and above they are planning to launch a mechanical bottom firing switch to enable you to use it as a mech. On the down side however I agree that the menu is complicated, but like anything out there, it has a learning curve and I got used to it in a few days..AND I just use the commands I need. Another issue is that eats up your battery charge relatively fast which means that you'll have to change and charge your batteries more often..but again.. you get used to it. I'm not into cloud chasing and I rarely go above 12 watts..so it suits me fine.

The Provari of course is a very good mod..sturdy..steady performance..etc. But the Semovar IMO is superior. The MVP2 offers less power than the provari or the Semovar, but it still gives me a decent vape and I do keep it in rotation and it comes in handy particularly when I'm travelling and don't wan to pack batteries and chargers.

Having said that I'm on the look out for the futura DNA 30 ..seems like I caught the bug, and it's getting to be a hobby
    Last edited by Tamer El-Meehy; 06-15-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    jkusmc likes this.

Semovar, Futura, Provari, Provari Mini, IPV 2, iMotion 3V,
    Kayfun 3.1, Taifun GT, Kayfun Lite, Genesis I-Atty, Magma, Quasar, Plume Veil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast