Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar

What? No one going for:

PREORDER: Gi2 100 WATT MOD By GRAND INNOVATIONS

$399.99 on sale! $300.

I wonder if it comes with jumper cables for the car.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chelonian View Post
    ...Only the Provari will downregulate voltage lower than the battery provides. A DNA can be set to that, but would still deliver 3.7 volts on a frwsh battery, thus denying me the ability to vape the way I want.

Its all about how you want to vape.

So DNA's don't do anything for me. Good mod builders make good ones, but its just not something I would use.

Now, someone comes out with a good 45 watt regulted device built to the standards of my Provari, they will have my attention.
    Yihi SX350 will step down power. YiHi has also put out an update that makes it 35 watts and allows for +/- buttons rather than having to use the gravity sensor. There is more information/discussion on the SX350 on this, vendor thread.

People are a lot more than just a collection of nicotine receptors.
    Dr. Michael Siegel, Professor, Boston University School of Public Health

The Semovar ate batteries, and the chip shuts down the mod for a million different reasons. Reasons that no other mod does.
    The fit and finish are excellent, but its very large and lightsaberish(which some people may like).
    I sold my Semovar when it used up batteries at a 3 to 1 ratio at the same build and settings as the Provari. Hell, it went through batteries as fast as my .4 dripper on a mech.
    It did nothing better than the Provari, was bigger, and made me have to carry three batteries to make it through a workday compared to the Provari's one.
    Unless you just like its looks, I cant say its better than the Provari due to its well known battery issues.
    However, since the Provari is so expensive for you, thats not a choice either.

The problem is, any quality 30 watt device is likely to cost you any more.

Were I faced with your choice, I would buy a cheap throwaway like a Vamo, and also buy a nice mech.

He Provari cost for you really screws up your choices. In the States, the Provari is much cheaper than something like a 30 watt DNA device of the same build quality, therefore makes sense. In your case, you are kinda stuck.

Peraspera:

Many chipset will allow you to set a lower voltage, but will not actually deliver it.
    Has that chip been tested for low voltage accuracy?

Also, is there any that go to 40, or 45 watts? The whole reason I don't use DNA30 chip is that my RBA's work better in the ranges that the Provari can handle, and I drip higher than 30 watts..A good quality regulated chipset that delivered to 45 would actually make sense. I would buy it
    Last edited by Chelonian; 06-15-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    PLANofMAN, slappy3139 and ModBox like this.
    Redacted

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chelonian View Post
    ...The problem is, any quality 30 watt device is likely to cost you any more.

Were I faced with your choice, I would buy a cheap throwaway like a Vamo, and also buy a nice mech.

He Provari cost for you really screws up your choices. In the States, the Provari is much cheaper than something like a 30 watt DNA device of the same build quality, therefore makes sense. In your case, you are kinda stuck.

Peraspera:

Many chipset will allow you to set a lower voltage, but will not actually deliver it.
    Has that chip been tested for low voltage accuracy?

Also, is there any that go to 40, or 45 watts? The whole reason I don't use DNA30 chip is that my RBA's work better in the ranges that the Provari can handle, and I drip higher than 30 watts..A good quality regulated chipset that delivered to 45 would actually make sense. I would buy it

I have an SX350 mod on order but don't have it yet. The best place to ask about specifics for the chip would probably be on the vendor thread to which I linked. I do believe a 40 watt firmware upgrade is in the works but I don't know if YiHi will be offering anything higher. It is not a cheap chip - a bit more expensive than a DNA 30.

KSD is coming out with a budget-minded 30 watt device. It can not step down power as it looks like it is using the SX300 chip. Quite a few experienced vapers I know have been generally impressed with the SX series of chips they've tried so far.

I would expect to pay for a 40.watt chipset.

I will do my research on this.

Thanks for the tip

PS

Please PM me when you get it built and tell me your opinion of it. I have always found the 30 devices too low to replace my mechs

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Redacted

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Modding is something I would rather not do unless there would absolutely be no other way to get what I want. Fortunately I was able to purchase my SX350 mod from a modder I know.

I rarely play with builds that need a lot of power as it's not at all my preferred type of vape. I'll try to remember to PM you when my SX350 mod arrives. However, you will likely get feedback that is actually useful to you from someone who routinely pushes the upper power limits of the SX350.

I quite like the vaporshark 30 for it's size and price but it's a box mod and I prefer tube and a longer lasting battery. The hana clones seem to fit the bill to but they are box as well. I'm actually enjoying my vape at 13-15 watts at the moment so a DNA20 would probably really suffice.

My brother is going to America in a month or so - I might be able to get him to pick me up a provari. I love the looks of the provari mini best but wish it could take an 18650 too. Pass on the Semovar then - seems like a pain in the ..... Kicks seem pretty inaccurate to set, add length and are fiddly to work with. If there was a provari DNA30 I'd almost certainly pick one up. I do want a gus lord mech though.

Still kind of holding out on a Futura or Cyborg if they ever sell them. Sucks how the cyborg doesn't flush mount - kind of a deal breaker at that price.

An extension cap sold by provape and the provari fits 18650
    Redacted

Super Member Verified Member ILoveNorCal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CastleRat View Post
    What? No one going for:

PREORDER: Gi2 100 WATT MOD By GRAND INNOVATIONS

$399.99 on sale! $300.

Is that the Preorder from BeVapeHappy?
    "Smoke free for XX days and XX hours.

$0.00 saved...since all that money has gone to mods"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast