Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar

Default Should I get the Evic Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini - Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar

Should I get the Supreme or Ye Olde Provari/Provari Mini. Also considering Fluid Cyborg DNA 30 Brass & Svoemesto Semovar. I really wanted something that will:

Let me flush mount atomisers - Floating pin in vv/vw seems ridiculously rare (why?!)
    Isn't the size of a lightsaber and can be made small or at least normal size in 18350
    Allows 20-30w - thought I'm not sure If I will use that much
    Isn't a box mod
    Doesn't have gyroscope menu features

Nothing seems to fit what I'm looking for. Everyone seems to make huge control heads that bulk up the size. I'm guessing the supreme could have been a lot smaller if they didn't have that upload your picture bs. I've been considering the zmax v5 or mini because its so cheap even though it won't flush mount until something that fulfills these things comes out - doesn't seem worth paying the extra 100-150 just to have something flush mount because the provari and semovar put out the same power.

Super Member Verified Member

The Provari and zmax don't meet your wattage requirements. Only the eVic does but fails due to the lightsaber large requirement.

Perhaps a DNA 30 box mod?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Since you are in the UK, perhaps a Provari isn't the best option. I'd look into something without the steep overseas import tax.

See Provari haters, I don't always recommend a Provari.

Evic Supreme is HUGE and has such a convoluted menu system.

Yeah that's what I mean - nothing seems to fit that criteria that I'm sure many vapers want. The lack of flush mounting and the size of some of these control heads astounds me.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what wattage I need. Maybe 15 watts would be enough but it's a bit of a risk. I'm currently enjoying my mech mod & taifun GT - it vapes great all the way from 4.2 - 3.6 volts unregulated using a 1.3 ohm coil. It's just that sometimes like less than 4.2 so maybe a steady 3.8v would be good for me. It's always nice to be able to customise but whatever battery level it blows my mvp2 out of the water for some reason and I'm a big fan of the MVP2. I've been trying to estimate what I might need from a regulated mod based on my experience with my new mech mod. From what I can see in Busardo's MVP2 video the 1 ohm coil will never fire over 3.3v and 1.5 will never fire over 3.9v which means I'm getting about 10w max. Maybe I don't need massively more power - just 1/3 more?

Using ohms law calculator based on my coil of 1.3 ohms

The max my mech mod can so is: 4.2v i'd be getting about 13.5w - correct?
    The minimum it will perform well at is roughly: 3.7v where I'd be getting 10.5w - is that right?

If that's correct then a 15 watt device should be enough for my needs but that all gets complicated when manufactures start introducing amp limits etc based on the coil you're using. I've not experimented with sub ohming etc but it would be nice to have a bit of room should I decide I want more power or to build lower ohm coils. Maybe there's no need to build low ohms in regulated devices though as it's all the same vaping experience whatever coil you use if you're getting the same wattage isn't it?

Before I got my mechs I thought the MVP2 was a powerhouse as I'd only compared it to cheap basic beginner kit type gear. Now I realise that it's quite underpowered really in comparison. I wouldn't like to get a 15w and then in a year or so realise 15w is actually pretty poor and I should have been vaping at 20w or something.

I ordered a fasttech vv kick but that doesn't seem to be working and is quite frankly not worth the hassle so I'm kind of looking for a mod that can give me the mechanical experience in a consistent regulated way.
    Last edited by ModBox; 06-06-2014 at 04:14 AM.

Dna20 (or similar) would be perfect. I usually run Kayfuns or a mini dripper at .9 to 1.1ohms on a mech, but I went for a 30w dna clone because I do on occasion rock a .55ohm dripper so having the extra headroom was nice. The 20w options arent much cheaper than the 30w ones, so unless you are 100 percent SURE you wont ever want the extra power I think paying a few bucks to keep the door open is worth it.

Btw, I have a FT vv kick and it works fine, provided I use it on high drain batteries. For some reason it does not like working with the couple of lower amperage cells I have. I honestly only ordered it for a cheap laugh and it never became a regular use item for me because the size of a mech in 650 mode plus a kick is just too much for me. And the battery life in 500 mode does not cut it for me. Plus having to ditch should I switch to a dripper was a PITA.

Oh I found something I must have. A DNA 30 Cyborg in brass. I don't know if they will have the floating pin on it though but a VW 30w in brass would be too beautiful. Also looking at the nexgen Futura DNA 30 that is coming out. I think I better hold fire until these come to market. The new provari must be coming soon surely? They can't let themselves lag that far behind the competition technologically can they?

Are my mech mod calculations above correct?

I would be tempted by a sigelei 20/30w but I don't like the look of them (that tribal design sucks) and there is no way I'm messing around with a gyroscope in public on what already looks like a lightsaber - I don't want to end up on youtube! The evic 30w does seem good even though it's big - just hoping they will bring out flush mounting option and brighten up that display.

Are 18350s and 18490s much shorter lasting than 18650s then? I'm using Sony VTC5s now which are 2600mah so would a typical 18350 at 800mah about 1/3 of the time or less? What about 490s/500? How long do they last in comparison to a 650?

Ultra Member Verified Member blueGrassTubb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PTJH View Post
    Let me flush mount atomisers - Floating pin in vv/vw seems ridiculously rare (why?!)
    Because the positive pin of the atomizer is connected to a wire which spins when you try and use an adjustable pin = no good because the soldering will break.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPlink View Post
    Evic Supreme is HUGE and has such a convoluted menu system.
    I recently saw one a guy had in the local B&M and the screen is busy as all get out. It's ridiculous how much stuff they put on that screen.

Quote Originally Posted by PTJH View Post
    Yeah that's what I mean - nothing seems to fit that criteria that I'm sure many vapers want. The lack of flush mounting and the size of some of these control heads astounds me.

To be honest I'm not exactly sure what wattage I need. Maybe 15 watts would be enough but it's a bit of a risk. I'm currently enjoying my mech mod & taifun GT - it vapes great all the way from 4.2 - 3.6 volts unregulated using a 1.3 ohm coil. It's just that sometimes like less than 4.2 so maybe a steady 3.8v would be good for me. It's always nice to be able to customise but whatever battery level it blows my mvp2 out of the water for some reason and I'm a big fan of the MVP2. I've been trying to estimate what I might need from a regulated mod based on my experience with my new mech mod. From what I can see in Busardo's MVP2 video the 1 ohm coil will never fire over 3.3v and 1.5 will never fire over 3.9v which means I'm getting about 10w max. Maybe I don't need massively more power - just 1/3 more?

Using ohms law calculator based on my coil of 1.3 ohms

The max my mech mod can so is: 4.2v i'd be getting about 13.5w - correct?
    The minimum it will perform well at is roughly: 3.7v where I'd be getting 10.5w - is that right?

If that's correct then a 15 watt device should be enough for my needs but that all gets complicated when manufactures start introducing amp limits etc based on the coil you're using. I've not experimented with sub ohming etc but it would be nice to have a bit of room should I decide I want more power or to build lower ohm coils. Maybe there's no need to build low ohms in regulated devices though as it's all the same vaping experience whatever coil you use if you're getting the same wattage isn't it?

Before I got my mechs I thought the MVP2 was a powerhouse as I'd only compared it to cheap basic beginner kit type gear. Now I realise that it's quite underpowered really in comparison. I wouldn't like to get a 15w and then in a year or so realise 15w is actually pretty poor and I should have been vaping at 20w or something.

I ordered a fasttech vv kick but that doesn't seem to be working and is quite frankly not worth the hassle so I'm kind of looking for a mod that can give me the mechanical experience in a consistent regulated way.
    I'd get a DNA30 or SX350 MOD of one kind or another. You have more than enough headroom to grow in to lower Ω setups and you can slam your Taifun GT at 13.5W all day (though I'd bet you'll LOVE how well it vapes at 15W).

One of the new Cloupor Hana clones would be a good deal. You won't find a genuine DNA30 MOD for much less than $200 except for the Vapor Shark (which is a great little MOD by most accounts). It's very small (about the same size as a tic tac box) and is a true DNA30 MOD for $169. They also ship pretty regularly (they ship tomorrow (6.10) if you were to order today (6.9)).

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast