Provari V3 - Page 10
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 194
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Provari V3

  1. #91
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran jimho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CBCstillmatic View Post
    Yes I had a mini without the slotted top cap and my tanks sat flush with the pro ring and only had the slightest of space without it. I have a full size with the new slotted top cap and my tanks sat really high. High enough that the pro ring would rattle around and not stay down. I sent it in with the pro ring and one of my tanks they adjusted it. Though I think they adjusted it without the pro ring cause at first it sat flush without it and wouldn't make contact with it but I just pulled the pin a hair and it works fine now.

    It's OK for me not to send it back but it kind of sucks only that I don't think I can put the tank on my mini then move it back to the full without adjusting the pin. I haven't really played with them much since I got the full back about 2 weeks ago.

    Also worth noting the full was sent back because of e1 and e4 errors and the pin adjustment they did for nothing with the warranty replacement of the board.

    Other differences I noticed is the battery contact pin. Used to be silver and round now it's a little square gold color.

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Thanks for clarifying the contact pin- all of what you're experiencing is part of the deal - either you get the same setup on both of your provari's or use different topper set ups on each.... your choice... can't have your cake and eat it too

    What I think most of you guys will find is that once you find whatever it is that works for you as a topper, and settle into it- there's no need to keep messing around ... At some point, you come to the realization that you're spending too much time and energy searching for the perfect vape- you find a combination that works for you and stop fiddling. I got to that point a while back with the provari's - Now, I put my atty's on, check the resistance and set the voltage at 5.2 or 5.5 (depending on the atty) and tweak it up or down a notch based on taste.. stick a spare battery and a 10ml bottle in my pocket and then I go about my day without worrying about it again....

    I'm sure some will disagree - there's plenty to talk about with dual coils and sub-ohm-ing - and it's fun to mess around with some of these things- most of which you can't do with a provari ..... I'm not going say anything negative about the guys out there messing around with DNA mods- I'm intrigued by the idea... for those of you that want to spend the time and energy tweaking and testing the newest mod de jour I think it's great- for me... been there, done that and now I'm off to other things with my spare time. ... for the vast majority of folks who want something that's practical, consistent, sturdy and reliable, you can't go wrong with the current provari ....

    BTW: you guys running the original V1 boards really should spend the $20 and upgrade. There's been enough said about it on the main provari thread.... and if you say you won't send it back because you don't want to be without your provari for a week to 10 days, well there's the reason you need to have 2.

    Another thought- when the mini first came out I was dubious because I thought I had to have an 18650 to get through the day. The V2 upgrade lowered the low battery cut off voltage to more fully discharge the battery...Once that happened and 18490's got me through 2/3-3/4 of the day, the mini with an extension became my preference. I always carry a spare battery when I'm out of the house for more than an hour and the ability to drop down to 18350 is preferable to me so the mini made more sense ...


    @suspectK - what's choking you up?
    tearose50 likes this.
    Vaping since 12/29/09- Last cigarette 6/7/10
    Devices in Use: ProVari V1, ProVari V1 Chrome Provari Mini Brushed Stainless, ProVari V3, VaporShark DNA 3.0

  2. #92
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimho View Post
    Thanks for clarifying the contact pin- all of what you're experiencing is part of the deal - either you get the same setup on both of your provari's or use different topper set ups on each.... your choice... can't have your cake and eat it too

    What I think most of you guys will find is that once you find whatever it is that works for you as a topper, and settle into it- there's no need to keep messing around ... At some point, you come to the realization that you're spending too much time and energy searching for the perfect vape- you find a combination that works for you and stop fiddling. I got to that point a while back with the provari's - Now, I put my atty's on, check the resistance and set the voltage at 5.2 or 5.5 (depending on the atty) and tweak it up or down a notch based on taste.. stick a spare battery and a 10ml bottle in my pocket and then I go about my day without worrying about it again....

    I'm sure some will disagree - there's plenty to talk about with dual coils and sub-ohm-ing - and it's fun to mess around with some of these things- most of which you can't do with a provari ..... I'm not going say anything negative about the guys out there messing around with DNA mods- I'm intrigued by the idea... for those of you that want to spend the time and energy tweaking and testing the newest mod de jour I think it's great- for me... been there, done that and now I'm off to other things with my spare time. ... for the vast majority of folks who want something that's practical, consistent, sturdy and reliable, you can't go wrong with the current provari ....

    BTW: you guys running the original V1 boards really should spend the $20 and upgrade. There's been enough said about it on the main provari thread.... and if you say you won't send it back because you don't want to be without your provari for a week to 10 days, well there's the reason you need to have 2.

    Another thought- when the mini first came out I was dubious because I thought I had to have an 18650 to get through the day. The V2 upgrade lowered the low battery cut off voltage to more fully discharge the battery...Once that happened and 18490's got me through 2/3-3/4 of the day, the mini with an extension became my preference. I always carry a spare battery when I'm out of the house for more than an hour and the ability to drop down to 18350 is preferable to me so the mini made more sense ...


    @suspectK - what's choking you up?
    I only use the aerotank and aerotank mega. Mostly just the mega now which is why I had them adjust the pin to match the provari mini since it sit so perfect on there. I knew the risk involved should I choose to try another tank but I've tried them all outside of getting into RBA's but as of now I'm more than satisfied with my aerotanks and better for me than any other tanks I've tried. Sorry I left that part out

    Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

  3. #93
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    suspectK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    somewherez
    Posts
    4,329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jimho View Post
    What I think most of you guys will find is that once you find whatever it is that works for you as a topper, and settle into it- there's no need to keep messing around ... At some point, you come to the realization that you're spending too much time and energy searching for the perfect vape- you find a combination that works for you and stop fiddling.

    @suspectK - what's choking you up?
    Lol, I was quoting you for the paragraph I left. I was highlighting everything else to delete, and just noticed.. I was coughing because I haven't learned about provari 3, yet...

    But I remember vaping couldn't possibly get any better when I first started. I only had an ego for a couple of weeks..got a nice little (POS dial that's screwed "halfway there and back") 3-5volt 14500 mod with carto tanks.
    ..dual or single. I didn't really notice a difference when both functioned perfectly.. Fruity flavors were so amazing... and then one day, all fruits vaped horribly for me.. lately all flavors are vaping horribly for me.. saves me money...tons, so super positive, especially since nicotine is moving its way out of the picture, and I never intended for that.. I thought I would always be at 2.4%, but I also didn't see myself telling people what kind of batteries I currently use, and the new atomizer(s) rather often..she says every week. The amount I own says otherwise..

    Man, if only more than I, and the NSA, Google..etc, could read all the stuff I've 'swiped' out and deleted..rant ended+prevented.

  4. #94
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Fergie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    812

    Default

    I must be terribly old school, but this "Haters" term really irritates me to no end.
    Last edited by Fergie; 08-07-2014 at 09:56 PM.
    MXBNW and EuroChris like this.
    Madz Modz Nzonic III, StingrayX, GLV Super Mini, Sidewinder, eVic, SID, iTaste, SVD, MVP V2.0, Natural,Telescope, Sentinel, Revolution, Chi You, Nemesis, VMod, Cana Modz DNA30, V3 Flip, Eleaf Istick.

  5. #95
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran jimho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fergie View Post
    I must be terribly old school, but this "Haters" term really irritates me to know end.
    Are you suggesting you hate "Haters"? .... or those who hate "Haters".....
    Fergie likes this.
    Vaping since 12/29/09- Last cigarette 6/7/10
    Devices in Use: ProVari V1, ProVari V1 Chrome Provari Mini Brushed Stainless, ProVari V3, VaporShark DNA 3.0

  6. #96
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68

    Default

    One thing I've never understood is why Provape uses glue to hold the board in place. The should have made the topcap with a collar that goes in the tube holding the board in place. That way you can be 100% sure it will never ever come loose. Using glue is cutting corners if you ask me, especially on such an expensive device.

  7. #97
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    DasBluCig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Chichester, NH
    Posts
    1,406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemwise76 View Post
    One thing I've never understood is why Provape uses glue to hold the board in place. The should have made the topcap with a collar that goes in the tube holding the board in place. That way you can be 100% sure it will never ever come loose. Using glue is cutting corners if you ask me, especially on such an expensive device.
    If you check more closely....I think you'll find the "glue" used by ProVape is actually epoxy resin....
    Using this has a couple of BIG benefits.....it IS more cost-effective vs metal/plastic fabrication....ER is SUPER STRONG...the circuit board is more likely to yield than the ER.....and, because ER is somewhat flexible, it acts as a "shock absorber" in the event of drops/strikes....
    Plus...ER is generally WATERPROOF!!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!

  8. #98
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran jimho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasBluCig View Post
    If you check more closely....I think you'll find the "glue" used by ProVape is actually epoxy resin....
    Using this has a couple of BIG benefits.....it IS more cost-effective vs metal/plastic fabrication....ER is SUPER STRONG...the circuit board is more likely to yield than the ER.....and, because ER is somewhat flexible, it acts as a "shock absorber" in the event of drops/strikes....
    Plus...ER is generally WATERPROOF!!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!

    Ha! that's a lot of spin- Easy with that- not saying anyone shouldn't buy the Provari because of this.... but Lemwise is dead on.

    Your not wrong that ER (it's still glue) has some benefits but since you focused on the strength, bond strength depends on the materials being joined and the bond strength between ER and Steel is pretty poor - in fact it pops right off from the steel. Surely it was made this way to save the cost of mechanically securing the end cap and properly cushioning the board- If they had threaded the end cap (or used a capture), an O-Ring between the board and the cap would have done the trick.... and the Provari would have probably cost $10-$25 more - I remember a discussion somewhere about it way back when... the glue (epoxy if it makes you happy) was a reasonable trade off in the original design.

    Cost effective yes, the best solution- I don't think so- it's still a weak point.,
    The few issues I've had in almost 4 years of using these have been related to the board coming loose (usually when the top pops off) and shorting- when you think about it, it's really the only thing that can go wrong with it short of dropping it in water....

    It's understandable that the design carried forward from the original in 2010 when they didn't know how many would sell. But let's not spin the use of ER as opposed to properly securing the board as a feature :-)

    It's not a reason to not buy the Provari but something that surely could be improved... If we ever do see a V3 ...
    Vaping since 12/29/09- Last cigarette 6/7/10
    Devices in Use: ProVari V1, ProVari V1 Chrome Provari Mini Brushed Stainless, ProVari V3, VaporShark DNA 3.0

  9. #99
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DasBluCig View Post
    If you check more closely....I think you'll find the "glue" used by ProVape is actually epoxy resin....
    Using this has a couple of BIG benefits.....it IS more cost-effective vs metal/plastic fabrication....ER is SUPER STRONG...the circuit board is more likely to yield than the ER.....and, because ER is somewhat flexible, it acts as a "shock absorber" in the event of drops/strikes....
    Plus...ER is generally WATERPROOF!!
    Happy (vaping) Trails!
    I've worked for 16 years as a carpenter in the yacht building business. In those 16 years, I've probably worked with epoxy more than anyone at Provape, and I know how much it can take before it fails. I can tell you this, Provape made a wrong design decision in using epoxy. Don't get me wrong, I still love my ProVari, but the only way to properly secure the board, is by doing it like jimho described. It's inexcusable, to use two small drops of epoxy for a company claiming to make the most reliable PV on the market.
    Last edited by Lemwise76; 08-08-2014 at 09:42 PM.

  10. #100
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Mailed my ProVari in for the 'glue' issue and inquired about the v3. Per customer service, details are to be released this week.
    Last edited by xdmanalo; 08-10-2014 at 12:59 AM.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks