Smoktech SID & other Smoktech model discussion
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tunka
  • 1 Post By Baditude
  • 1 Post By JustB'nMe
  • 1 Post By Ronald3638

Thread: Smoktech SID & other Smoktech model discussion

Post Smoktech SID & other Smoktech model discussion

I bought a Smoktech SID and I absolutely love the thing so far. I was looking for a suitable stand-in for the Provari as I can't afford that just yet. It's my first VV/VW mod and I'm still trying to learn how to use it.

So far I've learned that some tanks, like the EVOD2 Glass and the iClear 16D like the VV better, others, like the Pro Tank 3, seem to work better on wattage settings.

I'm looking for thoughts, experiences and feed-back.

Keep on Chuffin'!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tunka; 06-28-2014 at 09:23 PM. Reason: To keep from being booted.
    Dstaks and Ronald3638 like this.

Blog Entries

I've only owned one VV/VW mod, a Smoktech Mini ZMax, which was a gift and which I gave to my daughter after a short stint with it. I'm not a fan of the 33.3 Hz chip devices. I don't recall experiencing any difference in what tanks were used on it in VV or VW mode.

All the rest of my regulated mods have been VV only. Not much more to add.

Glad to hear you are happy with your SID.

Super Member Verified Member JustB'nMe's Avatar

I felt the same way when I first got my SID, although I wasn't crazy about the size. I would have preferred the 18350 tube but they were out of stock everywhere I looked at the time. I agree that it's definitely just a stand-in or beginner mod. Aesthetically, it does look good with most any topper.

However, the loss of performance as the battery drained was the first thing I noticed. Then after about a month, a problem arose. The button became finicky and would go into the menu options instead of firing, unless pressed just right.

Hopefully you'll have a better experience with the SID, so enjoy it while it lasts. Mine is just a pretty paperweight at this point.

Live well, Love much, Laugh often and Vape on.
    Just Me likes this.
    Live well, Love hard, Laugh often & Vape on!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have a SID, which I used almost exclusively for about two weeks. I also have an EVIC, MVP2, SVD, 3 Sigelei Zmax V3's, and a Smoktech Zmax. The SID is the cheapest feeling APV of the bunch, and after a half hour or so of use, it starts to shut itself down and I have to remove the battery to get it to work again. I bought it at my local B&M store, and the owner/ friend of mine quit selling them after a couple months because he had too many failures like mine, faulty buttons, etc. Sorry, just my opinion and experience..
    I'm a huge fan of the Sigelei..
    Sigelei Zmax V3 (3), MVP V2, SVD, Evic, SID, Smok Zmax, and lots of carto tanks

One month with my Smoktech SID and still going well. I've used T3S, CE4, Kanger PT3 and EVOD2, both plastic and glass. All work fine on it. The CE5 Aspire models seem to have a problem with air flow on it. Very, very hard to draw and if I loosen them a bit, I get 9.9 ohm readings (no load). So, I use those on my eGo batteries.

Default Smoktech SID & other Smoktech model discussion

Just bought my SID after getting out of mods and dripping. They only had green but love the color though it's minty. Very light apv and not too tall. I love it so far and it's perfect with the kayfun. Paid only $21 shipped in 3 days with a free 30ml bottle of Swedish Fish. Powered by a AW IMR 2000mah battery, perfect fit and slides right out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dstaks; 07-15-2014 at 04:59 AM. Reason: adding sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Tunka View Post
    I bought a Smoktech SID and I absolutely love the thing so far. I was looking for a suitable stand-in for the Provari as I can't afford that just yet. It's my first VV/VW mod and I'm still trying to learn how to use it.

So far I've learned that some tanks, like the EVOD2 Glass and the iClear 16D like the VV better, others, like the Pro Tank 3, seem to work better on wattage settings.

I'm looking for thoughts, experiences and feed-back.

Keep on Chuffin'!
    I want a pro tank so bad !! Very nice tank IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member ECF Veteran Ronald3638's Avatar

I've had mine just over a year and it's still my daily use mod. I also use mechs and other VV/VW mods but my mod of choice is the SID.
    Dstaks likes this.