Indestructible 5 volt mod?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Indestructible 5 volt mod?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Indestructible 5 volt mod?

For the longest time I was using smoktech varicool 5 volt box mod, I had bought a few of them, then they stopped selling them. I went to madvapes and started ordering the 5 volt box mods from them and now I can not find any little 5 volt box mods. I liked these little box mods they could stand the abuse of being dropped several times and being knocked over countless times and still worked like a champ. They all lasted at least 6+ month before I had to buy another. Now all my mods have fizzled out and I am looking for a 5 volt that can actually handle the abuse of being dropped and tipped over. I don't go and on purpose drop my mod I have issues with my hands. Other mods I have tried is the lava tube (it lasted about a week it dropped once and something came loose) and vapor zeus.

The two mods I have been thinking about getting is the iTaste VTR and the billet box. I use a 6 ml dct tank set up in all my mods. Does anyone know if a dct tank will fit inside the VTR? What I am looking for is a good solid 5 volt mod that will last me long long time that I don't have to worry about something breaking if it drops especially if I am going to be spending a lot of money on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    For the longest time I was using smoktech varicool 5 volt box mod, I had bought a few of them, then they stopped selling them. I went to madvapes and started ordering the 5 volt box mods from them and now I can not find any little 5 volt box mods. I liked these little box mods they could stand the abuse of being dropped several times and being knocked over countless times and still worked like a champ. They all lasted at least 6+ month before I had to buy another. Now all my mods have fizzled out and I am looking for a 5 volt that can actually handle the abuse of being dropped and tipped over. I don't go and on purpose drop my mod I have issues with my hands. Other mods I have tried is the lava tube (it lasted about a week it dropped once and something came loose) and vapor zeus.

The two mods I have been thinking about getting is the iTaste VTR and the billet box. I use a 6 ml dct tank set up in all my mods. Does anyone know if a dct tank will fit inside the VTR? What I am looking for is a good solid 5 volt mod that will last me long long time that I don't have to worry about something breaking if it drops especially if I am going to be spending a lot of money on it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Have you considered the provari?

ECF Veteran

I have yes, does anyone have any experience with it dropping? Does it still work?

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have yes, does anyone have any experience with it dropping? Does it still work?
    Many Provari (plural?) have been dropped from tall buildings, run over by trucks and trains, beaten with sledge hammers, used as sledge hammers, etc., etc., etc.

Very seriously, the Provari is considered the most reliable and bullet proof VV mod available. Yes, you can drop it and it will still work.
    peraspera and Pinggolfer like this.
    Take a walk with a turtle, and behold the world in pause.
    -----------------
    Be a man! Don't apologize! Deny everything! Make counter-accusations!

Super Member ECF Veteran Kevin littell's Avatar

I personally know of 1 that was run over by a 1 ton work van and is still chugging along 2 years later.

ECF Veteran

Wow! I did not know that. Thank you very much for the input
    Kevin littell likes this.

I dropped mine from 17' off of a man lift. It bounced and landed on its side. The fall took a chunk out of the bottom cap and destroyed the topper. I replaced the battery- wasn't sure if I should use a battery which had taken such an impact, and topper and it has continued to work as if new. Maybe it hit just right- on the edge of the bottom cap, but either way, it works. I imagine most other mods would be in the landfill after such a fall...

Super Member ECF Veteran Kevin littell's Avatar

Dovpo E-Mech 30 watt Transformer

The Mod itself has my eye, this is a good price and my vendor of choice but I've seen them cheaper.

If I wanted to stick to a box type it would be this or a VTR.

I could carry the VTR and leave the 1911 at the house!

Super Member Verified Member SunshinePete's Avatar

The 6ml DCT is 19.81mm diameter so not good for VTR unless you use the extension adapter. It is a tough mod, and you'll get two and change for the price of a Provari. Nothing is indestructible, or unstealable (I made the word up), or cannot be lost. It's heavy though, almost a pound, and hand problems could make it unsuitable for you?

I wouldn't look to the VTR to be indestructible.While it is pertty ruggedly built there is no support avenue to repair a broken VTR.

If it should get dropped/broken, that would be out of the scope of a warranty replacement.

With the Provari, you would at least have Provape service to fall back on. Provape will repair their product for a nominal fee. Innokin will not.

I don't know enough about the Billet Box to offer an opinion. Perhaps ask the maker of the Billet Box if they will do out of warranty
    vlodato likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast