Tank & Carto System Tips & Tricks....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Tank & Carto System Tips & Tricks....

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Old Guss's Avatar

Default Tank & Carto System Tips & Tricks....

This thread is for Tank & Carto users to share the tips & tricks they have found helpful to make cartos last longer, not run dry, keep from flooding, you get the idea. This is the topic we get asked about the most, so I thought it would be nice to have the knowledge of many in one place.
    - Use Code ECF for 10% Discount

OK, not all at the same time, take turns please, LOL.

Supplier Associate ECF Veteran MissP's Avatar

LOL.... My thing I do that extends the life of the carto a little bit, is to clean the coil in the cartomizer each time I fill the tank. I have a large sewing needle (yarn needle) that I run in and out of the bottom hole of the carto and wipe on a napkin till the needle comes out clean. It both improves the draw, and the flavor taking off the burnt gunk from inside
    SaigesPoppa likes this.
    Quit 3/19/2011 Last TC 2/27/12
    Leave my vape stuff alone or worry about flying lead
    Vermillion River is a titillating tongue euphoria

Also I have found that light colored juices make the cart last longer, it seems that the Carmel coloring gunks up the coil in about four days. I have a peach in a cart for about four weeks and its still going strong. Just to mention its a 2.4 ohm single coil at 4.8 volts.

Senior Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I've found that cartos hate me. I used to hate them- now they just hate me. Previously, I had been strictly using attys for over the first year- with the exception of testing a few boxes of cartos for the experience. Because of many atomizer orders that were way too inconsistent, I gave the tank a try. The dual coils 2.0 set at 5-5.5v won me over for a bit. Now I'm sitting with 1 carto left from the 10 I got at the start of this month (15-16 days). I've been using primarily smoktech 2.0 dcc. My issue is that even when soaked, some cartos produce a foul, chemically, plastic taste. At times this taste goes away, other times it doesn't. I've read on another thread that the smoktechs are going through some issues now. Either way, I think I'm done with the smoktechs. I'm at about 50% reliability with these things. Any super tips for this one? Any similars?
    Last edited by TroopX; 05-15-2012 at 07:07 PM.

I gave up on smoketech dual coils a long time ago to many problems. I use a boge single right now and they work alot better. Of course i had to cut my tanks down a bit, but it was worth it.

Hmmmm, this didn't go as well as I had thought it would, LOL

I would have to agree lol

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have been using cartomizers in tanks exclusively for the past 6 months. The biggest thing that has helped me was finding a good punch. The best one that I have found is from VIP Vapor. The only drawback to the one I have is not being able to punch the xl carto's in the right place but for the standard carto, you won't find a better one. As for punching carto's, I punch 2 holes in mine just above the top of the bottom cap across from each other. I go 2 full turns with the VIP punch and do not have any problems with flooding with any of the Vermillion River juices. I am getting around 3 weeks out of most of my boge cartos.

I tend to lean towards the lighter colored liquids but if you like the darker ones, the trick that MrsDash mentioned works really good for prolonging carto life. One other secret to carto's is making sure you fill them good before using them and not sitting the voltage too high. For 3.0ohm carto's I run the voltage between 5 to 5.4 volts and for 2.0hms carto's, I run from 4.0 to 4.4 volts.
    Last edited by ksmith; 05-24-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    MissP likes this.
    Zenesis Mini #0119, AYS #0122, BAM #038, 490 Magnum TI #28, MFA, cObalt, Gunmetal Zen 2 Medius, Zen 2 Cartotank, Sidewinder(s), Provari/ZAP, Kayfun 3.1, & Kayfun Lite.

Ultra Member ECF Veteran CatLady007's Avatar

Is there a moderately-priced 808-threaded PV that produces more than 4.2 Volts? And it needn't provide more than 5V. I wasn't really sure where to ask this question, and I think I'll post it in the Come Say Hello thread as well--I don't have the patience to put up with "bigger is better/more expensive is king" crowd that is drawn by this type of query, out in the greater ECF world. Thanks in advance, everyone.
    Last edited by CatLady007; 05-28-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast