Good Morning and Chit Chat Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 744 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 7436
Like Tree14025Likes

Thread: Good Morning and Chit Chat Thread

  1. #21
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Joanr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Good Morning Virgin Vapers! Gorgeous day and these won't last for long. Note to self, get outdoors for a few minutes!
    Hope everyone has a happy Thursday!
    Tendril, EleanorR and orkira like this.


    VV Box Mod ~ KGO~Blue Lightning~Pink Zebra & Lava~Lava Tanks

  2. #22
    Senior Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    East Wenatchee, WA
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Not so gorgeous here! We got our first snow yesterday afternoon and although snow is pretty, the roads are really slick this morning! Not going outside if I don't have to, it's below freezing out there!

    Which makes me think of a question...should I worry about my VV juice sitting in a cold mailbox? Will freezing temperatures have any ill effects on it?
    orachel likes this.

  3. #23
    Super Member ECF Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Mpls, Minnesota
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Good morning, 21F. here in MN. Last night I tried to make kittypies fluffy dream magic mix. Notice the word tried!
    This was my first attempt at mixing up a bit of flavors ... In went a bit of butter cream, then a dash of vanilla mint, no mint tingle so I was going to splash in some cream caramel. I twirled and swirled my little bottle and delightedly filled a carto.
    Time to vape my little magic mix .... A big draw .... What the hairballs in a snowstorm did I make?
    Lol - butter cream, vanilla mint with Kir royal. Maybe if I had not been vaping Kir royal at the time I would have noticed.
    Definitely not an unvapeable mix for me but I'm sure kittypie's mix is a whole lot better.
    orachel and kittypie like this.

  4. #24
    PV Master ECF Veteran kittypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larkfour View Post
    Good morning, 21F. here in MN. Last night I tried to make kittypies fluffy dream magic mix. Notice the word tried!
    This was my first attempt at mixing up a bit of flavors ... In went a bit of butter cream, then a dash of vanilla mint, no mint tingle so I was going to splash in some cream caramel. I twirled and swirled my little bottle and delightedly filled a carto.
    Time to vape my little magic mix .... A big draw .... What the hairballs in a snowstorm did I make?
    Lol - butter cream, vanilla mint with Kir royal. Maybe if I had not been vaping Kir royal at the time I would have noticed.
    Definitely not an unvapeable mix for me but I'm sure kittypie's mix is a whole lot better.
    Yeah, my accident of Mint Tingle w/Bella Amaretto was NOT a happy accident!

    Good morning, friends!

  5. #25
    PV Master ECF Veteran kittypie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    4,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rootwhacker View Post
    Not so gorgeous here! We got our first snow yesterday afternoon and although snow is pretty, the roads are really slick this morning! Not going outside if I don't have to, it's below freezing out there!

    Which makes me think of a question...should I worry about my VV juice sitting in a cold mailbox? Will freezing temperatures have any ill effects on it?
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should have ill effects from a cold mailbox. Lots of people store their juices in the fridge and report no problems with quality compromise...now a HOT mailbox, I would be a little more anxious, I think.
    orachel and EleanorR like this.

  6. #26
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona...USA
    Posts
    3,343
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kittypie View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should have ill effects from a cold mailbox. Lots of people store their juices in the fridge and report no problems with quality compromise...now a HOT mailbox, I would be a little more anxious, I think.
    I live in Mesa, AZ, and that's been a big concern for me. Esp since I don't necessarily check the mail every single day. Anyone know what sort of effect prolonged 120+ degree mailbox heat (guessing, but its often over 113, so figure 120 in the mailbox is conservative) might have? BTW, envying you guys with snowfall! Its still 80 here. Bleh. But when i lived in the snow I complained about it...guess its a grass is always greener, thing.
    EleanorR likes this.

  7. #27
    Ultra Member ECF Veteran Joanr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,671

    Default

    Well we are told to store the bottles in a cool, dark area for a good reason. But a day in a hot mailbox probably won't hurt the juice at those temps. Lots of folks put their bottles in a very hot container of water for 15 minutes to "meld" the flavors and improve the steeping time but Annette suggests not to do that with Organics since they loose flavor under prolonged exposure to heat. That is why some of the flavors taste burnt when using HV PVs over 5V. Some, not all. I wouldn't leave them in the box for too long though.
    orachel and EleanorR like this.


    VV Box Mod ~ KGO~Blue Lightning~Pink Zebra & Lava~Lava Tanks

  8. #28
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    orkira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orachel View Post
    rut row, raggie! Any of the diehard fans anywhere near virgina? I can't think of any offhand, but then I don't notice locations all that much.
    I wish there was! But I don't think I've noticed anyone on the VV sub-forum that is even close to me. Oh well live and learn and make sure you order plenty so this doesn't happen to you!
    orachel likes this.

    Smoke Free Since Oct. 4, 2011!!!

  9. #29
    Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Annette Rogers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    2,998

    Default

    You do want to be careful about prolonged exposure to high heat with the organic e-liquids as, similar to high voltage vaping, heat can tend to kill the flavor. Brief exposure to heat isn't a big problem, but you want to avoid baking it in the sun. Cold, on the other hand, shouldn't really hurt your e-liquid. Cold helps preserve nicotine and also flavors, so I wouldn't worry too much!

  10. #30
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    tyleris12's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Good Morning and TGIF!!!!!!
    kittypie and orkira like this.
    PAP's & Zen's.....all dressed up with Bedazzle Quartz Tubes & beautiful Beautiful Drip Tips of course!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks