Good Morning and Chit Chat Thread - Page 720
Page 720 of 744 FirstFirst ... 220620670710716717718719720721722723724730 ... LastLast
Results 7,191 to 7,200 of 7436
Like Tree14025Likes

Thread: Good Morning and Chit Chat Thread

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

UGh! Weather is taking a nasty turn here as well! Minnesota has a state wide school closure announced for Monday. Our work (Which has never closed in the 7 years I have been there told us to try and work remotely from home if possible. We are expecting -30 Monday night high of -13 with windchills to -50!! I am mostly concerned about my pet (yes PET) chickens!!! I was given a nice ceramic wall tile heater that we put up but it isnt having much affect. So I bought a oscillating heater to put out there for the next 3 days. Going to fix them up in the morning poor things!!!
    kittypie likes this.

Insane weather! Even colder next week! We're going down to 7 on Monday. I have lived here for 34 years and I don't ever remember weather as cold as that! How on earth you all endure those sub-zero temps...just crazy! And the cold is not kind to old bones, ya know?

ETA: Aww. Angiebubs, your chickies are going to love the heater...I hope they will all be okay!
    Last edited by kittypie; 01-04-2014 at 04:02 AM.
    Angiebubs likes this.

ECF Veteran

Thanks Kittypie. They are my babies-all named and of over a dozen different breeds including some little girls (bantys). I used to have a business in California raising exotic parrots...so I just call these my "redneck parrots" lol Quite a change moving from Cali to rural WI!!!
    kittypie likes this.

Brrrrrrrrrr, Angiebubs, I was thinking about you and your chickies this morning!

You should post a couple of photos, liven things up around here a bit.

Happy caturday, everyone!

ECF Veteran

I will! I have been out there getting coop ready-putting down fresh layer of pine shavings, making sure all drafts are blocked, setting up a heater, roosts near heater, giving them extra treats, etc. I will take some pics of my babies!!!! I have the coop open to outside right now as it is a sunny 17 degrees. They are loving sunbathing, (and taking :dust" baths in the new shaving-fun to watch) out there. This will be their last time for a few days as the cold is supposed to settle in tonight!

ECF Veteran
    Last edited by Angiebubs; 01-04-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    kittypie likes this.

It looks like youve got quite the count in the coop. And they all look like they have their own style and personality in a way. Awesome!
    kittypie likes this.

ECF Veteran

CallMeMav: Yes they all have their own quirky personalities -fun! I have a total of 26 all named (The coop is big enough to hold 60 very comfortably-sad thing is a commercial setup would stuff 200 in this size and never seen the sun) we get fresh eggs for us, family and enough to sell to more than cover their cost. A very fun hobby. Nothing better than letting them run around free ranging in the summer or "helping me" garden LOL..lil busy bodies have to get right in where I am digging to see if they can find worms, or to try and jump up on my lap. I work for a large medical device company down in the twincities. Last year they asked me to host a "backyard chicken keeping"booth. I had close to 100 people stop by for information. I now have a waiting list of 14 people wanting eggs!!! ( I have 2 people there that take up to 10 dozen per week depending on what I have available-so that waiting list will be sitting idle for a long time)
    kittypie likes this.

omg that is so cool, Angiebubs! LOVE the pics and your narrative! Now you must tell us at least some of their names! (I especially love the part about them "helping" you garden. Don't let them steal too many worms!

G-g-g-good mo-mm-morning! Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! My BFF who lives in Chicagoland emailed me this morning; It's -16 (broke the record) with wind chill of-42!

Here in Carolina we are set to tie our record set back in the 1800s of 8. Brrrrr! It will warm up to the balmy 20s by afternoon. 50s again by the weekend.

How is everyone faring?

We're all good in the PNW, unfortunately it's not raining a whole lot We are dropping temps at night though, and I have to work outside in the cold at night on Monday and Tuesday. .. The worst part is that I wash and deliver cars for a living. Hot water doesn't stay hot on a cold car in cold weather.
    kittypie likes this.